Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Cephalon Fragments

Zdeadfallout

Question

9 answers to this question

Animal Instinct + Loot detecting mods. 

And you should also try to explore the map to look for it. If you spot a fragment symbol in your minimap, try to look up and down around the area for it.

I also saw someone showing that mods that detect loot can stack so that should also help.

ILuGRPQ.jpg

Edited by 4holes
Image not showing up.

1 minute ago, 4holes said:

Animal Instinct + Loot detecting mods. 

And you should also try to explore the map to look for it. If you spot a fragment symbol in your minimap, try to look up and down around the area for it.

I also saw someone showing that mods that detect loot can stack so that should also help.

ILuGRPQ.jpg

well I think I got it :D 

and I think being with a squad will be better 

Animal Instinct works fine for me.  Just upgrade it all the way.  If you really need more range then use Loot Detector, Thief's Wit as well.

Check every room along the way.  Also, try having the map toggled so that it isn't up in the upper left corner, that should improve things for you.

Just take Ember and the above mentioned mods and do extermination missions for the corresponding plantets/fragments as the ext missions are more "straight" than others and much less maze like so you can mostly just rush through them.

On 7/17/2016 at 6:14 AM, Zdeadfallout said:

well I think I got it :D 

and I think being with a squad will be better 

No, most PUGs just want to speed run everything.  If two of them stand at the exit before you've found the fragment, you'll be forced to leave in 30 seconds whether you've found it or not.  If you can find a group dedicated to finding them, great, but if not, you're better off solo.

1 hour ago, F4talFr4me said:

Someone like me who is rather new. who doesent have these mods. im screwed then? painfull 30+ min missions looking up and down to find a single item to scan? so much FUN.

No, you're not screwed.  Most fragments aren't that hard to spot for me, but if you still need help, your Codex Scanner (not the Synthesis Scanner) will ping whenever you're near an object or enemy you've not completed a codex entry for.  I say not the Synthesis Scanner because it allows you to scan completed objects for Sanctuary faction standing, so it's basically always pinging.  This'll also help you find Kuria.

I have been slowly grinding the fragments.  Doing simple Exterminate missions... working my way from the sun out.  Right now I skipped Ceres and working on Jupiter/Europa/Saturn. Just been using Animal Instinct and usually can find them with a 90% success rate on every mission.  Of course I am also good at finding medallions during syndicate missions

Edited by kkinnison