The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where oh where did my Apollodorus go, Oh where could it be?

Not sure if this qualifies as a rant or not but my opinion is that our new Star-chart 3.0 is awful.

With 2.0 I did not have all the planets completely finished but I could go and do what I pretty much wanted and played missions I enjoyed including all of the void key missions.

As i understand it Scott was saying from inception that 3.0 would get rid of some superfluous missions and make the star-chart more active, especially for those that need help to open up higher level planets and missions or things you cant get done solo.  With this weekend the first time I have been able to dedicate time to all this I have found just an equally dead star chart in 3.0 as 2.0 (again, in my opinion)  I have sat forever waiting on a team to do defenses, interceptions mobile defense, spy's ( because I really suck at them) & etc on Europa, Sedna, Pluto and the like.

And before the "Git Good", Join a clan & find some friends crowd chimes in, I am highly proficient in what missions I like to do, have been in my clan for 2 years which is large and active and do have friends that I play with all the time.  I feel like I am being forced to do missions I don't really care to do just to get to something else.  The void is a prime example.  I feel that If I had a key for a certain void mission then that mission should have been open to me in 3.0.  I have an Orthos Prime and that's it. I have never cared about having prime whatever so not real fired up about the fissure thing.

Of all things I miss it's the survival mission against the Grineer on Apollodorus.  I went there to just blow of steam, level mastery fodder stuff, test different builds, level forma stuff and so on.  I have not found the equivalent yet and I find myself increasingly not wanting to play.  I spend a lot of time squinting at the map trying to find things and it's not enjoyable.

Maybe it's time to admit a failed idea and bring back 2.0.

"The original plan for the starchart was to have missions slowly rotate in and out, some lasting hours, others days or weeks. So hopefully we'll see some of that happening in the near future."

Well that would be a bust too.  It seems that if you have all the missions opened on a planet then they rotate out one mission for another then that would make the planet unfinished again without you not knowing.  Apollodorus was an important staple for newbies and vets alike and believe they should have really looked hard at making it a standard of 3.0 also.

Edited by CamperKingPrime

1 minute ago, CamperKingPrime said:

Well that would be a bust too.  It seems that if you have all the missions opened on a planet then they rotate out one mission for another then that would make the planet unfinished again without you not knowing.  Apollodorus was an important staple for newbies and vets alike and believe they should have really looked hard at making it a standard of 3.0 also.

It's worth the price of forcing players to move from their established farming grounds to a new one regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea it seems plenty of players miss good old low tier Grineer survival on Apollo , including me...

And since there is no alternative to Apollo (which was also one of my fav. sector) it's hard for me to even log into the game at this stage. Most of my friends stopped playing after this update came up. No more low tier Grineer survival and no more endless challenges we had before in Void  is somehow game breaking for some of us. Anyway good luck to all Tennos maybe we'll meet again someday.

What I liked about that node was how easy it made new and old players team up.

New Tenno didn't stress so much because the level started out low, the old could watch the younglings backs as they got better.

I allso enjoyed it to blow steam and test weapons and baby warframes. 

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

New Tenno didn't stress so much because the level started out low, the old could watch the younglings backs as they got better.

Exactly !

32 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I grant you this one.  You managed to hit all the points I liked about Apollodorus also.  I now use Draco's survival for testing and leveling new Frames.

This new Solar Map is a huge improvement, in many ways. True, missions got shuffled around, but, so what? 

I get what you're saying about Apollodorus. I also used it a lot, for the same reasons. Like, a lot. To the point of eye-and-brain-cancer... This new "infested Apollodorus" is fine. You can use it for the same purpose, plus, spawns are way crazier, so your bloodlust will most definately be sedated. Otherwise, I recommend the excavation node "Cervantes" for good affinity, plus other useful resources (neurodes and cryotic).

All that said, I think they failed by not making the nodeless "choose mission and it's difficulty per planet" approach they seemed to be heading in. I invite anyone to take a gander at my post regarding the issue of how the current node system could be better streamlined: