Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uselessness of relic refinement and DE's RNGesus laughing in my face

-10no-MipMioPin

8 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

What I do not understand is that you are arguing these odds and expectations, yet no one has mentioned that the system appears bugged.

-snip-

There's already quite a few existing threads about the inconsistent reward bug after hotfix 10, this topic isnt about that but about
"Uselessness of relic refinement and DE's RNGesus laughing in my face" so maybe people are trying to stay on-topic.

21 minutes ago, Dan1lo said:

If you have a 100-face dye and you throw it for a 100, you have 1% chance of doing it. If it lands on 100 in your first try, was it random? That's the thing about the new system. It gives you a better chance at finding items, but a chance is still a chance. Stuff can happen. As long as the system is not rigged and it is, in fact, increasing the odds for better relics, it's still random, but better distributed.

Yep that is the problem with probabilities and it has been implemented in many different ways exactly because people though the system was unfair. If I am not mistaken Civilization V no longer uses uniform probabilities for that same reason, as sending 5 armies against 1 and loosing was something players never liked 

10 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

tbh, the step from "here's the chance of success" to "we need to figure out the chance of failure" is not intuitive to everyone. If you aren't a math person it isn't at all clear that this is the correct strategy. (I used to tutor an ex-gf in probability and basic set theory, and I had to come to terms with the fact that not everyone likes math :) )

As far as reducing the grind goes, I've found it isn't so bad if you have a squad that knows what they're doing. 34% is very, very good, the issue is grinding the traces. With our setup, we usually get 40 to 45 traces per fissure, and I once got 104 in one run. We generally don't run radiant relics all at once, that way we don't risk getting the rare part twice and wasting a relic, and we can make ducats and forma along the way. With one or two people putting up radiant relics per run (and the others using different relics that don't drop anything they need) we can run radiant relics all night with no break. However, it get's a little repetitive, running the same squad makeup and strategy over and over again...

Okay... So how is this system an improvement in any way now then? Your playing the exact same event over and over. There's even LESS variety now 

2 hours ago, Stratus_Fear said:

Okay... So how is this system an improvement in any way now then? Your playing the exact same event over and over. There's even LESS variety now 

I think the idea was that the regular mission provides the variety. But in the end it just feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over. Part of the problem is that there's one clear way to approach the mission that provides way more traces than any other, so you have a choice between having fun and having a reasonable grind.

On 7/19/2016 at 7:37 PM, Lord_Azrael said:

I think the idea was that the regular mission provides the variety. But in the end it just feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over. Part of the problem is that there's one clear way to approach the mission that provides way more traces than any other, so you have a choice between having fun and having a reasonable grind.

Change warframe slogan then. "ninjas play free".... should be "Same S**t Different Day"

I've run about 6 Lith fissures, trying to get even a single Fang Prime blade from an unrefined relic. I have gotten all 5 OTHER drops, including two of the rares. I'm going to stick my head in a woodchipper instead.

On 7/19/2016 at 4:39 AM, Grayscale_Lord said:

If you are hoping that as soon as you refine a relic you would get exactly what you want then I'm not surprised.

Do you know how probability theory works? I refined around 9 relics to get the part I wanted.

Reveal hidden contents

Be carefull with dev bashing and overall saltiness. This will not yield any results and only ends up in locked thread.

Agreed.

Sadly my Warframe game time is less and less.

Also Today I had the options of either doing a rant on forums to little effect or just pre-paying for Horizon as my silent feedback.

• 1 month later...

Put it this way, i've ranked 30 Lith A1 relics to Radiant to try and get the damn Spira Prime pouch. They haven't dropped once with two people both using Radiant relics over 30 times. If it does influence the drop rate at all, it's so miniscule it makes no difference.

5 hours ago, TheBlackPhoenix24 said:

Put it this way, i've ranked 30 Lith A1 relics to Radiant to try and get the damn Spira Prime pouch. They haven't dropped once with two people both using Radiant relics over 30 times. If it does influence the drop rate at all, it's so miniscule it makes no difference.

Hmm. A radiant relic has a 10% chance of dropping the rare part. The chance of running 30 radiant relics and not getting a single rare part is about 4.2%. So you guys are amazingly unlucky. Remind me never to run any fissures with you!  :)   (jk)

53 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Hmm. A radiant relic has a 10% chance of dropping the rare part. The chance of running 30 radiant relics and not getting a single rare part is about 4.2%. So you guys are amazingly unlucky. Remind me never to run any fissures with you!  :)   (jk)

-I wouldn't want to do fissures with me XD