Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to defeat Vay Hek?

Heiner999

Question

11 answers to this question

GET IN MY VAN, TENNOOOO. 

Also, just in case you are new, Vay Hek is not meant for new players, despite being present on Earth. If you are still starting off, I highly recommend coming back to him later. If you are intent on killing him this is what you have to do:

Spoiler
  1. The first option is fighting Hek on the way to the boss room. He'll hover around attacking you. When his face mask opens up to reveal his big, dumb, ugly head, you can shoot it for damage. When the mask closes up again he is invulnerable. Once you do enough damage, he runs off and you follow. You do this several times until you get to the boss room.
  2. Alternatively, you can just rush to the boss room and ignore Hek along the way altogether. However, he will have more health in the arena if you do it like this.

Once you get to the boss fight proper, you do what you did in Option 1. Shoot his face when it pops up. After you do enough damage, he'll spawn the Terra Frame. In this mode, he can be damaged without targeting his weak point. He'll hop around and spawn in enemies as he does this. If you are having trouble, shoot the drones he spawns so you won't have to deal with them stacking up. He's actually easier in his Terra Frame because he's much easier to damage. The additional enemies he spawns are the problem.

Here I was hoping for fanart of Vay Hek as Van Helsing. Maybe Vay Helsing? 

But anyways. If you wanna fight him you should probably check the wiki for his bossfight and prepare for whatever it suggests.

Edited by Mr_bunny

Yeah, you should not fight him until you have some better gear. ik my profile says initiate, but i'm really a silver novice (in game) but i would suggest a tonkor

you don't have to be as precise, becasue i teamed up with one friend, and we both had tonkors. Because even if you don't hit the glowing bit directly, the grenade will kinda bounce off and still deal damage to him. If you go tonkor route, i do suggest teaming up with someone tho, becasue the tonkors ammuntion is limited. 

That's how i defeated him. and a note, with the tonkor we defeated him a total of 3-4 times farming for hydroid parts, and each vay hek run was only about 5 or 8 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Even at high levels, Vay Hek is extremely annoying to fight.

What you can do is get a Sonicor, which is MR2, and put a Forma or two into it along with a Catalyst to really boost its power. It's a very good AoE secondary weapon, and can do some serious damage to Vay Hek as well. Only shoot at him when the light glows over his back, focus on the adds whenever it's not glowing. Get a really good survival frame (Inaros, Rhino, Frost maybe), one that can take some hits.

He can be soloed, but honestly he is not MEANT to be soloed. Asking in Recruitment for someone to help out will always be your best bet.

2 minutes ago, BBOTAA said:

Just love when someone messes up names xD
Btw mag magnetize does a great job on Vay hek.

Not as great a job as it used to, though - the progressive resistance thing is working now, so magnetize duration drops off pretty fast.

I prefer hitscan weapons when fighting vay hek since it makes htting his ugly face easier.

Make sure to kill most if not all the grineer units while he is on terra frame mode as he can heal by killing his soldiers. Learned this the hard way trying to kill him in a lvl 100 sortie.

But yea, come back with some better gear since he drops hydroid parts, which isn't a really good frame now besides farming.

Also: