Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Probably did everything

Hack

Question

i really want to cry right now
i got the Specters of the Rail update but after a few fixes my computer got "Downloaded data was corrupted" update failed. now i'm used to fixing my game through different update errors
so i normally go with the natural approach (this is actually my first time asking for help, my brain cant handle it anymore, if i had one)
here goes, this are the list of remedies i did to fix this
-run the game as admin
-aggressive/bulk download
-verify and optimize caches
-configuring my antivirus (even installed and tested with different ones)
-uninstalling, reinstalling, both on standalone and steam versions
-redownloading the standalone(offline) installer just to make sure that my installer is not corrupted
-installing with online installer
-tested different types of installations (different file directories, administrative privileges, run various system maintenance tools to clean system before installing)
- made sure drivers were update
-ran with nvidia high performance setting (and other settings with/o nvidia inspector)
-installed with Second Dream offline installer, didnt work too
all scenarios had the same error output/display, after i finish installing the game, it will download the update, but wont finish it and instead display a "downloaded data was corrupted"
i've been trying to fix it for around 5 days now, downloaded installers multiple times already, i'm so tired, i dont want to quit the game tho, it's really worth it (2000 hours on record)
i tried to see if other games worked, so i installed them, and what do you know.. they work just as fine, but i dont want those lousy games
why the eff is this happening to warframe only? </3  :(
and i finally faced my last resort, I'm using windows 10, and I went back to windows 7, basically reformatting my system (desperate times requires desperate moves)
and did the same routine of installing the game, steam or not, it still did not work.... i can handle the stress and fatigue, but my heart, it hurts.. i really miss playing already
sorry for the bad english
#shoutout to my clanmates, Elysium Noire, i miss you guys

edit:
i'm not banned, ip blocked or anything

Edited by bennaseef
forgot to say one small detail

11 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, bennaseef said:

@ArcticMantis thanks, havent tried that. good thing i have my own ride and have no curfew, i'm looking forward to this method

Don't get your hopes up too high :$

Ow and completely disable your firewall to check if that might be it, if you haven't tried that yet...

Edited by ArcticMantis

Maybe part of your hard drive is corrupted? You can check it with chkdsk command in command line interface or if you prefer use some of the free programs available on the net.

It's a possibilty however in such case your pc should at least write it in other place next time when you donwload.

Have you tried doing it on a different harddrive?

That's a hard problem you've got there, I'll writ here if something more comes to my mind.

It could be, with all the reinstalling etc, that something is not being overwritten or removed. Obviously checking the cache etc should fix this but it may not be something that warframe sorts with a reinstall, it could be something in the windows registry. I know, you reformatted, but was it a proper one or a quick one?

Anyway, just grasping at straws here.

I really hope you fix this asap.