Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea if new relics are added with new primes

ENGINEEEEER

So based on recent posts for the end of the prime daily relics are tied to one prime set only. It is currently assumed that the new nekros prime, galantine prime and Tigris prime parts will be in all new relics.

A lot of players have voiced concerns over this increasing grind. Many players in the past have also complained about acquiring primes quickly and not having anything to do.

I personally like the idea of new relics as it keeps the entire community on an even starting line.

But! If this is the case I believe the new relics should be released one week before the new primes are available. These new relics would release with no indication of what is in their drop tables until the release of the primes.

They usually tease the new prime a week in advance but it doesn't do much for the community. This would give everyone a week to play and gather relics so that on prime day they can farm primes till their heart's content. It would also allow people to boost them wih traces but add the element that they're not sure what relics have what parts.

Tldr. If nekros prime access has new relics release them a week early but make them unusable until the release.

Fair enough. Like it.

Just let us know the location of those new relics at the time you release the locked versions. So we don't have to find locations ourselves and waste more of our time for even more grind.

However, people complaining about having nothing left to do after getting primes was an absurdity. So bad that other players - who like for example playing conclave, helping new players, hanging out in relays and chat, playing actually the game for what it is instead of just for rewards - are punished with more grind and soon less time for other activities. Just saying.

Thank you DE for always listening to the vocal part of your community.

Edited by matto

3 minutes ago, matto said:

Fair enough. Like it.

However, people complaining about having nothing left to do after getting primes was an absurdity. So bad that other players - who like for example playing conclave, helping new players, hanging out in relays and chat, playing actually the game for what it is instead of just for rewards - are punished with more grind and soon less time for other activities. Just saying.

Thank you DE for always listening to the vocal part of your community.

I am not a conclave player, nor do I enjoy sitting in relays. I am not a fan of excavation/fissures because they are too repetitive for me. I personally will run Hieracon until I get relics, go with clannies with charged relics to get Nekros, Galatine, or Tigris, then I will go back to coming in once a day or a little daily to use trade chat. What really makes me angry is DE has no end game yet. (FashionFrame is a sad excuse for end game). Sorties have 0 challenge, and are only good if u prefer them over Hieracon core farming. I am really just holding onto hope that War Within is not rushed, provides new content, and a good experience. The Second Dream was kick a$$, so I expect no less than that.

9 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

I am not a conclave player, nor do I enjoy sitting in relays. I am not a fan of excavation/fissures because they are too repetitive for me. I personally will run Hieracon until I get relics, go with clannies with charged relics to get Nekros, Galatine, or Tigris, then I will go back to coming in once a day or a little daily to use trade chat. What really makes me angry is DE has no end game yet. (FashionFrame is a sad excuse for end game). Sorties have 0 challenge, and are only good if u prefer them over Hieracon core farming. I am really just holding onto hope that War Within is not rushed, provides new content, and a good experience. The Second Dream was kick a$$, so I expect no less than that.

I understand. But it will be the same issue.

If they release an "end game" mode, will you have as much time as you wished for it if you are also supposed to farm for new relics, then void traces, then your prime parts?

In other words, it's good to release that much content (conclave, archwing, sorties, and then maybe someday something that feels like more "end game"), BUT if one part is too much time consuming (soon fissure), then don't wonder why people are not playing other modes... And expect people getting burnt out sooner than expected.

Edited by matto

14 minutes ago, matto said:

I understand. But it will be the same issue.

If they release an "end game" mode, will you have as much time as you wished for it if you are also supposed to farm for new relics, then void traces, then your prime parts?

In other words, it's good to release that much content (conclave, archwing, sorties, and then maybe someday something that feels like more "end game"), BUT if one part is too much time consuming (soon fissure), then don't wonder why people are not playing other modes... And expect people getting burnt out sooner than expected.

I think people typically farm parts fairly quick. And most veteran players have the majority of primes. So if they want end game activity they probably won't need to do rifts other than ducat farming. Also the end game activity ought to drop relics to consolidate those goals. 

8 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

I think people typically farm parts fairly quick. And most veteran players have the majority of primes.

True, but Vets are not the biggest part (nor the most dedicated part) of the player base.

Also, if the trend remains as it is, soon veterans will be in trouble as well. Just look at crafting requirements (ressource sinks they said), that smashed the stockpiled ressources (especially Oxium). Also look at the fact that they will add new relics every time a new prime is released. Both points show that they are targeting veterans now.

And we're not really shielded from a new ressource addition with weird mechanics (another Argon or Nitain thingy).

Edited by matto

47 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

So based on recent posts for the end of the prime daily relics are tied to one prime set only. It is currently assumed that the new nekros prime, galantine prime and Tigris prime parts will be in all new relics.

A lot of players have voiced concerns over this increasing grind. Many players in the past have also complained about acquiring primes quickly and not having anything to do.

I personally like the idea of new relics as it keeps the entire community on an even starting line.

But! If this is the case I believe the new relics should be released one week before the new primes are available. These new relics would release with no indication of what is in their drop tables until the release of the primes.

They usually tease the new prime a week in advance but it doesn't do much for the community. This would give everyone a week to play and gather relics so that on prime day they can farm primes till their heart's content. It would also allow people to boost them wih traces but add the element that they're not sure what relics have what parts.

Tldr. If nekros prime access has new relics release them a week early but make them unusable until the release.

They said Baro could bring relics. Maybe if he appears a week before or in the same day with all relics that drop the new parts. 1 per 10 ducats as a example, people could prepare themselves and stock up ducats to get a startup. I only want Galatine Prime and I have 1k ducats. I'm ok burning my 1k ducats to get all relics that drop Galatine parts. Then if I need, i can farm for more.

Just now, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

They said Baro could bring relics. Maybe if he appears a week before or in the same day with all relics that drop the new parts. 1 per 10 ducats as a example, people could prepare themselves and stock up ducats to get a startup. I only want Galatine Prime and I have 1k ducats. I'm ok burning my 1k ducats to get all relics that drop Galatine parts. Then if I need, i can farm for more.

but knowing DE, it'd be 200 ducats per