Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good bow for Atermis Bow of Ivara ?

Chromatrescu

Question

13 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Artemis bow really isn't affected by the type of weapon used (as long as it uses rifle mods) Only the mods on the weapon are important. On topic, I use the rakta cernos for inherent fast fire rate and energy restore proc.

The problem with Rakta Cernos is that there's no reason to put firerate mods on it because of that speed; and Artemis is fairly slow. The Rakta Cernos is also fairly low damage as far as bows go, so you need all the damage mods you can get. But other than that, the energy restore is crucial to Ivara, as she is a fairly energy-hungry warframe.

If you have some means of regaining energy (such as a entropy or blight proccing secondary/melee weapon), don't bother with Rakta Cernos. If not, go ahead and choose Rakta Cernos. Just think carefully on your mods. Do you want to sacrifice Rakta Cernos' damage or Artemis Bow's speed?

Edited by Actriaz

5 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Hard to say. For modding purposes, a Puncture-based bow works best, as AB uses Puncture as its main damage. As such, something like Paris Prime works best because the mods overlap perfectly. 

Unless of course you dont use/have Puncture mods then Dread becomes the better of the two again. But both are still better than Rakta Cernos at least for Ivara. Could also use Zhuge with a fire rate mod and have a good weapon with good sustained damage outside of Artemis Bow. With Dread/Paris P they arent very efficient at killing stuff all the time.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Zhuge/t_30_22320320_132-1-5-133-4-5-137-0-10-140-6-5-141-5-5-150-3-10-159-7-5-405-2-5_137-7-132-8-405-5-150-8-133-11-141-6-140-5-159-9/en/2-0-92/

Pretty much that on any bow for AB.

Edited by rawr1254

Just now, rawr1254 said:

Unless of course you dont use/have Puncture mods then Dread becomes the better of the two again.

OP is talking specifically about Artemis Bow, not general use. If it were general use, I'd agree fully. Dread is strong. However, Paris Prime is superior for AB because of mod matchups, which was the purpose of the thread to begin with.

Realistically speaking, Rakta Cernos would be as useful as Dread would be for buffing AB up because the bow itself doesn't matter for the ability. 

Also, if you (general, not you specifically) HAVE puncture mods that you CHOOSE not to use, despite AB functioning off of them, then that's simply a poor decision.

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

OP is talking specifically about Artemis Bow, not general use. If it were general use, I'd agree fully. Dread is strong. However, Paris Prime is superior for AB because of mod matchups, which was the purpose of the thread to begin with.

Realistically speaking, Rakta Cernos would be as useful as Dread would be for buffing AB up because the bow itself doesn't matter for the ability. 

Also, if you (general, not you specifically) HAVE puncture mods that you CHOOSE not to use, despite AB functioning off of them, then that's simply a poor decision.

Rakta Cernos has no reason to use fire rate mods making it a poor choice to use for AB. Also the proc doesnt work with AB so thats another reason it isnt better. 

Also since Zhuge is a punc type it'd probably be better in the long run for usefulness. I mean I know myself at least am not always using my Exalteds 100% of the time in game so its nice to have something that isnt useless outside of it at least.

Love the Dread there, if and when you can get it to drop off the Stalker.
- (I have one built and 5 more blueprints but sadly they're not tradeable or I'd ahppily give you one if you needed it.)

Toss a Speed mod on there and the draw time is pretty OK, some Crits mods and enjoy the Red Numbers. Has a good amount of damage so those elemental mods have a lot to work with.

Really it's only own inherent flaw as a Bow is that it's pretty much single target (not counting the occasional ragdoll down the line you get when things work out).

And that is where Artemis Bow picks up the slack, Arrow Spread for some degree of AoE. Overall a really nice package.

And although it lacks a nice energy restoring syndicate proc it does work really well for maintaining Stealth as there is no proc to Alert mobs past the lower levels.

If using it is not an option "because drops" then yeah Paris Prime is a fine bow too and can mod exactly the same as the Dread, just to less effect.

Paris Prime is usually one of the cheaper / easier to get Primes as most of the parts are generally classed as "Prime Trash" which is kind of sad really =p

And if you don't like the look of the "Orokin Toilet Seat" there are a few cosmetics that can give it a make-over if that's an option as well.

Anyhow, Cheers and Happy Hunting!

~R~

1 minute ago, rawr1254 said:

Rakta Cernos has no reason to use fire rate mods making it a poor choice to use for AB. Also the proc doesnt work with AB so thats another reason it isnt better. 

I never said 'better'. I said 'as useful'. But I suppose you're right. FR mods are not necessary on RC like they are on AB. 

2 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Also since Zhuge is a punc type it'd probably be better in the long run for usefulness. I mean I know myself at least am not always using my Exalteds 100% of the time in game so its nice to have something that isnt useless outside of it at least.

Yeah, true. Forgot about that. I do have to say, though, that I don't use fire rate mods on my Zhuge either. Recoil to strong for me, and DPS is high enough with my elemental+crit build that it's not really necessary. It's also less crit-oriented than Paris P, so I dunno. I could use either and be comfortable in most content. 

I guess that would come down to looks in the end. Zhuge fashionframe versus Paris P fashionframe. 

Rakta Cernos.

The energy restoring syndicate proc will refill energy during prowl when other sources won't because you've got a toggle on. So when you get low on energy using Artemis Bow you can turn Artemis Bow off, stay in Prowl and fall back to the Rakta Cernos for a bit to let it proc a few times, rather than doing nothing and hunting for orbs or trying to drop Prowl to regen.

If you're using Heavy Caliber for more Artemis Bow damage you'll appreciate the high base firing rate for those follow up shots after max Heavy Cal just gives you the middle finger and sends your arrows way off and wide apart.

Edited by VKhaun

On 7/21/2016 at 9:37 PM, VKhaun said:

Rakta Cernos.

The energy restoring syndicate proc will refill energy during prowl when other sources won't because you've got a toggle on. So when you get low on energy using Artemis Bow you can turn Artemis Bow off, stay in Prowl and fall back to the Rakta Cernos for a bit to let it proc a few times, rather than doing nothing and hunting for orbs or trying to drop Prowl to regen.

If you're using Heavy Caliber for more Artemis Bow damage you'll appreciate the high base firing rate for those follow up shots after max Heavy Cal just gives you the middle finger and sends your arrows way off and wide apart.

I have to agree with VKhaun on this one.  Rakta Cernos utility makes it more a perfect match for Ivara then the other bows.  

The other puncture damage bows would only benefit AB if you are using the puncture mods with them.  Remember that it's the mods and not the bow or primary that effects AB.  You could just as easily throw a puncture mod on the Rakta if you wanted to give AB that small boost.  One that it really doesn't need anyway because of AB's native power.    :D

On 7/21/2016 at 9:54 PM, Railgun_Alter said:

Ah, don't forget your Thinderbolt+Split Chamber, for maximum carnage :P

That is a fun and high damage/carnage combo.  14 Arrows of death with a high probability of exploding.   *queue evil laugh*

I use zhuge with her.  Its sort of boltorish but it counts as a bow and is silent for free if you use prowl.

It sort of depends on how you play.  A long duration, wide area invisible/silent bubble and focus regen will let you camp a spot and snipe with artemis bow all day long, and that suits me pretty well.

What I would think about is what you will use to fight with when your power is low.   You can perma stealth and melee kill hosts of enemy easily with ivara, so a messed up weird modded main gun set up for her skill is viable.   If you fight with your main weapon, it needs to do ok at that role, which might mean that faction bow isn't that best pick.   You can also go with r-ballisica (spelling?) and get your power back sniping a few mobs (it literally procs every few kills against high enemy) and use the weird modded mainhand for skill only.   

Shes flexible, so there is no right answer... it depends on whether you fight with your main weapon or not, how much power you have available, and what your low-power alternative approach is.    All three of those have several viable options, but they all affect the answer to your question...