Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so many roadblocks.

debord

Question

why does this game have so many walls to advancement?

i am currently stuck at three and have no reasonable hope of progressing any further.

cannot get through the jumping puzzle to pass master rank seven. never going to be able to do it. need another option.

cannot beat the space juggernaut in the Jordas Precept or the damage resisting Sentient in the Second Dream. There is no help for solo players to make these soloable. (i'm not MLG and not gonna get guder than I am.)

should i give up on this game or is there some hope for stuck players like me?

5 hours ago, debord said:

All the "try harder, you can do it," crap can stop now. I am a better then most at the games that i enjoy and play often. I get better by playing it because i like it. Practice by doing. Any game that starts to require training is no longer fun and better start paying me because it has become a job. So MR progress is almost certainly done. Jumping puzzles are some of the least tolerable game mechanics I have ever experienced in any game I have ever played all the way back to Super Mario Bros. The Jordas and Limbo quests just do not seem worth the effort, so be it. The Second Dream is going to make or break if i continue with this game.

Well, it seems that all of your problems come from the fact that you don't really like what you are doing so you don't do it well. 
you don't like platforming, so the MR tests are a pain.
you don't like archwing, so you can't adapt to the controls and inevitably fail. it's vital to know how you control your archwing against the golem. 

so, I suggest you to try the sentient strategy that people already mentioned and to keep playing the game. try to use the parkour more and you will probably get a feel for it someday; then the MR tests won't be so bad. this game's mobility system is great though, and I suggest you to use it more to dodge stuff. fighting sentients up close usually means death, it's better to keep a distance.

Edited by ragingdeamon

1 hour ago, Mellaus said:

What does not seem ok is the 24 hours lockout if you fail. I just don't get that. What purpose that lockout is here to serve aside from some cheap time sink ?

So you can't button mash past it. You can play them for practice without the timer in Simaris' room on the relay. Only the real test has the 24hr timer for a fail.

as far as the Sentients go in 2nd dream....    if you dont or cant build up elemental mods to deal with them... just keep running to the way point on the map...   not every mission is about killing everything in sight. unless it is an exterminate, defense or assassinate mission... you dont have to kill anything, killing things can make the mission easier or quicker, but is not a requirement.

back to running to the waypoint... MINI-SPOILER

you get to a cut scene... all better now

14 hours ago, debord said:

I get better by playing it because i like it. Practice by doing.

And yet this is exactly what you are not willing to do here in warframe.  The parkour mastery test is not a jumping puzzle.  It simply requires you to move from one point to the next using the same parkour moves that you should be using to move around every map level in every mission.

I don't know what else to tell you.

update.

Zephyr got me through the jumping puzzle master test. got to the 10-11 test and gave up again. not interested in jumping puzzles.

Never even went back to the Jordas and Limbo quests. F*** 'em.

Begged a few other players to help me through the sentient in the Second Dream. Then i got to the standoff with the stalker on the orbiter. What a frustrating piece of S#&$ that was. What ever game designer that came up with that should be punched in the mouth. I spent what felt like twenty minutes trying to time the attack counters and eventually rage quit the game. This was the least fun, most frustrating mini game yet. It totally broke the flow of the game and added nothing enjoyable. I give up on this games story and this game as a whole now due to the bad game design in the quests. IF someone else really wants me to play with them, maybe. Otherwise I am done with this game.

Maybe try Rhino for the Second Dream, lots of strength and some efficiency for iron skin (steel fiber too). That way you have good survivability for the whole quest. Also bring a hard hitter as one weapon and rapid fire as the other to deal with the Sentients.

For MR7 you just need to perfect that penultimate jump. Its hard when the pressure is on but rest assured you can do that. More a mental hurdle than lack of ability.

Didn't read enough, oh well.

Edited by (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984

I don't know what OP is complaining about. Warframe is as casual as it gets. Level up weapons, level up appropriate damage mods, put mods on weapons, go run around and 1v400 the AI enemies, progress through content like nobody's business. lol

I'm 280 hours in and mastery rank 19. Steam has me listed as 479 hours. I don't know which one is real but I can say for sure that a lot of that time was spent alt/tabbed and browsing the internet while Warframe was logged in.

Mastery Rank puzzles. I don't even remember which one was the jumping one. Only three of them so far actually gave me any trouble that required me to run in practice mode more than once. All the other ones I just did practice one time, swapped loadout as needed (which was never really needed, I went Soma Prime + Lex Prime on most things), went to qualify, and finished it.

Jordas space golem. I did it the first time when practically no mods and scrubby gear, took me near on an hour to solo it. Then I spent about 10 hours over a few days to level up some Archwing stuff, went back, I can solo him in about 2-3 minutes now.

Sentients. I don't know what the big deal is. People have video guides and whatever else. The moment I found a map that could spawn them I just wrecked them with Mesa. Mesa is my answer to most of this game. Press 3, press 4, hold left click. For anything else there's Loki with stealth. Some really niche stuff like melee only assassinate can put me on Excalibur or Valkyr. Whatever.

And for the Second Dream miniquest at the end, it's easy. Don't hold down left click. Quickly tap and release left click to dissipate the enemy attack. That's all. lol

Edited by uAir

Just now, Kenshin98 said:

You do know that when you face stalker in the orbiter, you can shoot his blade waves to move on right? 

That is easy to figure out. But the way it plays out is that the game makes you think (or at least it did to me and many others that I've talked to) you have to hold down the mouse button to dispel the blade attacks. That means you end up having to recharge and if you do that you basically can't move forward.

The trick is to not hold the mouse button down, you simply tap the mouse button really quickly to dispel the attack and so you don't end up sitting there recharging or something.

It took me about 8 minutes of struggling to figure this and then I completed it really easily after that. Before this I was trying to dodge and weave my way forward with no luck.

Logged in one more time to just do a bit of casual play, found that i am suck in the get past the stalker on the ship bit and cannot abandon the quest to do anything else. Tried for a few minutes to get past the stalker again and rage quit again. This game is truly dead to me now.

1 hour ago, debord said:

Logged in one more time to just do a bit of casual play, found that i am suck in the get past the stalker on the ship bit and cannot abandon the quest to do anything else. Tried for a few minutes to get past the stalker again and rage quit again. This game is truly dead to me now.

Are you talking about the part where Shadowstalker is on your Orbiter shooting blade waves at your? That part's not explained well, you need to tap fire your hand beam thing (mouse button 1) directly at the blade waves to destroy them. Just tap fire due to your limited charge, keep walking forward while shooting the waves until you reach the chair and then shoot the beam at the thingy hanging from the chair. Do that three times and you are done.

On September 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Gelkor said:

Are you talking about the part where Shadowstalker is on your Orbiter shooting blade waves at your? That part's not explained well, you need to tap fire your hand beam thing (mouse button 1) directly at the blade waves to destroy them. Just tap fire due to your limited charge, keep walking forward while shooting the waves until you reach the chair and then shoot the beam at the thingy hanging from the chair. Do that three times and you are done.

Yes that is where I am roadblocked. Yes that is what I am doing (unsuccessfully). Yes this poor game mechanic is making me quit this game.

12 minutes ago, debord said:

Yes that is where I am roadblocked. Yes that is what I am doing (unsuccessfully). Yes this poor game mechanic is making me quit this game.

Whelp, best of luck in your future endeavors. =)

Imma go back to watching Bob's Burgers.

Edited by Gelkor