Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar: All bark and no bite

LuckyCharm

The noise of this gun is amazing and DE you've really stepped up with it. It would honestly be my all time favourite gun in game if its stats weren't so abysmal compared to other weapons.

I really like the semi-auto // full auto switch, and think it should honestly be on more guns. But since its not that's what makes this gun special. The issue however is that neither of it's damage loadouts are actually very good. It's weaker than a normal latron in semi auto, (granted it has 10% more crit chance now, which is something but still dropping it way behind latron wraith, and primes dps, and unmodded, below the normal latrons aswell) and in it's auto form its slightly more damaging than a braton. 

Now... I know that it's not primed, but it's also no where close in damage either. And I believe the problem with it lies solely with its crit. It shouldn't really rely on crit at all, since it changes damage spreads on mode swap, making it even harder to mod for. (granted, I would love it even more if this beast was a soma prime that could change to semi auto and back...) 

What I would do instead, is boost it's flat damage, and reduce it's crit rate to around 7.5% like a karak. and raise its status chance to 15-20% for full auto. And for semI auto I'd boost its damage right up but remove its crit again. And ontop of that I'd add a bonus to zoom range and accuracy so you can actually have a reason to swap between the two modes

An example of stat lines I was thinking were

Full Auto:

Physical damage: 30

Crit chance: 5%

Crit Multiplier: 1.5

Status chance: 15%

Semi Auto:

Physical Damage: 75

Crit Chance 5%

Crit MultiplierL 1.5

Status chance: 25%

30% increased zoom while aiming

50% increased accuracy while aiming

It'll still end up weaker than most prime weapons, but it'd have a purpose as an all rounder gun this way, rather than a half crit, half gorgon hybrid thing. 

Please think about these changes.. because seriously, the sound from the gun is amazing, the model is amazing, the switch mechanic is... amazing. Just the damage is so lacking it's barely worth using other than to mess around with

I was actually just looking over the Stradavar again because, as much as I know this weapon just doesn't hold up for it's mastery rank, I just really want this gun to be awesome.

I have done some stat alterations myself and I think it's a topic worth having DE discuss. Here are my thoughts on changes that I don't think will make it OP but alot more viable.

Auto
Physical Damage     25.0
Impact             8.75
Puncture     8.75
Slash    7.5
Crit Chance     10.0%
Crit Multiplier     2.0x
Fire Rate     10.0 rounds/sec
Status Chance     30.0%

Semi Auto
Physical Damage     50.0
Impact              7.5
Puncture     30.0
Slash             12.5
Crit Chance     20.0%
Crit Multiplier     2.0x
Fire Rate     5.0 rounds/sec
Status Chance     15.0%

Really it's just a switch up on status and crit chance where they either double or are cut in half depending on current fire mode.

I personally find the stradavar good , it just depends what its used for and how you mod it , its pefect for low level extermination and survaival mission but indeed not really usefull in the void as far as my expierence with it in the void

18 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Semi Auto:

Physical Damage: 75

Crit Chance 5%

Crit MultiplierL 1.5

Status chance: 25%

30% increased zoom while aiming

50% increased accuracy while aiming

Your semi-auto looks weaker than what it is now. Now it is 50 damage with 20%/2x crits and 15% status. With only Point Strike you could get to 50% crit chance. What you showed at 75 base damage and no crit looks weaker.

True, it does, but the point I was trying to make, even if those stats are wrong, is that trying to build crit doesn't help the full auto as much as it does for semi. And building full damage for full auto doesn't help semi auto as much currently. What I was trying to do was to shift the stats into a more focused build for both to be effective. And with the increase to status there, if you run the status/elementals etc what the 25% should do would be to raise your status high enough to reliably cast corrosive procs to help your damage.

18 hours ago, Drbananas said:

I personally find the stradavar good , it just depends what its used for and how you mod it , its pefect for low level extermination and survaival mission but indeed not really usefull in the void as far as my expierence with it in the void

Anything is good for low-level exterminations. 

On 7/26/2016 at 10:49 AM, Draketh said:

I was actually just looking over the Stradavar again because, as much as I know this weapon just doesn't hold up for it's mastery rank, I just really want this gun to be awesome.

I have done some stat alterations myself and I think it's a topic worth having DE discuss. Here are my thoughts on changes that I don't think will make it OP but alot more viable.

Auto
Physical Damage     25.0
Impact             8.75
Puncture     8.75
Slash    7.5
Crit Chance     10.0%
Crit Multiplier     2.0x
Fire Rate     10.0 rounds/sec
Status Chance     30.0%

Semi Auto
Physical Damage     50.0
Impact              7.5
Puncture     30.0
Slash             12.5
Crit Chance     20.0%
Crit Multiplier     2.0x
Fire Rate     5.0 rounds/sec
Status Chance     15.0%

Really it's just a switch up on status and crit chance where they either double or are cut in half depending on current fire mode.

i agree with this the semi auto should be crit and the full auto should be status.

13 hours ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

i agree with this the semi auto should be crit and the full auto should be status.

I can see that working, assuming you used the status/elemental to get your status chance up. That'd work for me too. My issue would be "ugh do i mod for status and damage, or crit and status, or just crit" guess you could change mods up between missions though. Not quite sure how i'd run the numbers to check if they'd do the same damage between builds