Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 11

klavor

Question

I am a disabled vet with nerve damage in my back from an ied back in 04, as a result i have spasms in my arms that make tasks that require precise controls very hard to perform. I am writing this because while i like the game I am at a point that I do not see myself passing and so will not be able to get to other content and gear. All I ask is an alternate way to ge to MR 11

11 answers to this question

Not trying to sound rude or anything but...then wtf are you doing playing a video game at all in the first place?

In which EVERYTHING is precise controls and constant moving of the arm, hands, and fingers.

Edited by rawr1254

The answer is cheese.

No, really. I'm not joking. There's so many ways to 'cheese' or effortlessly break the various mastery tests if you have certain equipment for it.

For this one, some good Warframes to use would be Zephyr with her Tailwind ability and Jetstream augment, Volt with his Speed ability, Loki with his Decoy/Switch Teleport synergy (aka switch teleporting with decoys you place), or Nova with her Wormhole ability.

As for weapons, the Ignis will make hitting the objects much easier, as it shoots in a cone (increased with 'Firestorm' mod) and has very long Punch-through. Apart from that, shotguns are also good to use. Mainly Sobek, Boar, or Boar Prime, as those shoot fast and are automatic.

Hope you can overcome your disability with these tricks c:
Good luck!

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

1 hour ago, klavor said:

I am a disabled vet with nerve damage in my back from an ied back in 04, as a result i have spasms in my arms that make tasks that require precise controls very hard to perform. I am writing this because while i like the game I am at a point that I do not see myself passing and so will not be able to get to other content and gear. All I ask is an alternate way to ge to MR 11

My biggest recommendation would be use an automatic weapon with decent spread, so you can easily hip fire, and go to the relay and practice it, and relax. The bullet jumping and whatnot seems precision based and reactive at first but with practice can be done with ease.

The test doesn't require as much ultra precision as you would think, and can be done fairly leisurely.  Just run, sometimes sprint, and just spray at the targets. I'll see if I can upload something.

Edited by Gelkor

You've passed the target test

You've passed the parkour test

Now combine the two. I would recommend Loki with firewalker if you have the mod. This helped me go from nowhere to cruise control. This isn't a speed run, it is a case of hitting the balls and the time will be there. 

When waiting for the elevator watch the balls, they move in a very basic pattern but will be missed if you aren't composed. Be patient and keep at it. Your disability may mean a longer road to success, but that road will still lead there.

10 hours ago, KJRenz said:

I don't mean to be rude here. But it's very hard to believe someone who says "They're a vet" when they kinda don't provide the backround or proof to that :/

Especially on the internet

You can clearly see on his profile that he's been playing for over a year...

10 hours ago, klavor said:

I would suggest heading to a relay, doing the practice instead of the actual test but ask a good friend or relative to play through it til they can complete the practice tier then ask them to finish the actual test when they feel comfortable. If there's no one able to do that I have to agree with some other posters in saying this game is full of mobility and combat like that so you can't demand they change that when it's a part of the game as a whole.

I don't think some sort of assistance would make those mastery rank tests any different honestly. Just adding an AI shadow clone to show how a player did the test would help immensely. Different type of games across all gaming platforms do this all the time: Speed Runners, Platformers, Fighters, RPGs, etc.

Here, let me offer up an example: Failing any Mastery Rank test 4 times in a row (real or practice) will trigger the option to watch a ghost AI frame do the test which you can turn off and on at your leisure. This Ghost recording could be played by a Dev or even a player from say your Clan should you happen to be in one. You could watch and/or imitate the Ghost on a deactivated test map with some UI hints until you feel comfortable enough to retake the test. If you fail the real Mastery Rank test say 7 times the player can be given the option to opt-in to an adjusted version of that particular test with a single level modifier; slow a decreasing timer, lower the armor of enemies, drop the gravity of the level, etc. This modifier would be chosen by the Devs or the player, depending on how much control they want for this particular part of their game.

Nothing else about the Mastery Rank test would be changed. Players would still have three chances to fail in-test, and should you use those chances up, you'd still have to wait until 24 hours to take the test again. All and all, even with the suggested opt-in option of the adjusted test, you've just spent an entire week on one mastery rank test. You wouldn't be by-passing other players, you wouldn't be taking an easy train to the next Mastery Rank; you'd just be taking the test until you passed.

On another note, to imply a person with disabilities shouldn't be playing video games, regardless of how they acquired them, is ridiculous. To suggest that Warframe is some sort of twitch shooter with real world gun mechanics and parkour is absolutely hilarious. All we're doing here is playing pretend space ninja wizards that flail around defying the laws physics like jackasses. xD