Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I restart the game?

(XBOX)LAZYNOOB2017

Question

11 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

I would like to try and restart all progress in the game and start fresh. I've tried deleting the saved data in the "manage game" section in "my games and apps" but that doesn't work, I've also deleted the game and reinstalled it but that didn't work either. Can you restart the game?

You will not be able to restart the game unless you have a new Gamertag. If you are unhappy with the starting frame/weapons you chose you can always get to a point in the game to farm and get new frames and weapons. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)BabyMuskratLove said:

You will not be able to restart the game unless you have a new Gamertag. If you are unhappy with the starting frame/weapons you chose you can always get to a point in the game to farm and get new frames and weapons. 

Aww that's too bad but BTW that's not the reason I want to restart the game, I just want to. I've been playing for a year and a half.

1 minute ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

Aww that's too bad but BTW that's not the reason I want to restart the game, I just want to. I've been playing for a year and a half.

Fair enough! I threw that out there mostly because when I hear that question it's usually starter players or new accounts.

I am with you. I don't want to start over, but I am seriously out of things to do. I have been putting off grabbing the last few frames I am missing mostly because I have done nearly everything else in game. I do a couple people that have dual accounts so that they can do everything over a couple of times.. 

I am just waiting out the next update! :D 

If you ever need a nice group to play with or want to chat you can hit me up on XBL.

Warframe is an online game, meaning that all account information is stored server side and therefore wiping your memory will do nothing but delete any cookies saved to your console to make it run smoother. Like others have said, if you want to restart Warframe then you will need to make a brand new account by utilising another gamertag. (I advise caution however as I am unsure on DE's stance on multis)

However if you are upset at a choice you have made in the game such as starting warframe or weapons, spending all your starting plat or any other mistakes then it may be better just to continue playing instead. New warframes can be easy to find and you can spend credits to buy many of the other starting weapons. (In fact I recommend doing this for mastery) Also if you have need of any plat then you could just gather items to sell on the in-game market. Hikou prime and Nyx are next to be vaulted, so I would recommend hoarding as many as these as possible just to sell later on. 

Do what I did, when I ran out of things to do, I took an almost 8 months break, and now I have so many things to catch up on.
I'd imagine if I feel the burn out again, I'd switch back to Marvel Heroes then back again, rinse and repeat.
Possible downside to this, is that you see all the new awesome contents you missed out on and you want them ASAP so you hurt your bank.
Or that could just be me???

7 hours ago, (XB1)Antheiia said:

Warframe has updates pretty frequently, so I say wait aswell, there is usually always something to do. I can understand having alot of the items in the game and getting a bit bored. But at the same time, id just wait for something new.

I've not done everything. My two reasons are that recently I just want to start over. Not for a different choice of items but I just do. Plus I said in one of my YouTube videos (my channel is LAZYNOOB2016) that I would restart all progress for the sake of a lets play. 

On 7/28/2016 at 2:12 PM, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

I would like to try and restart all progress in the game and start fresh. I've tried deleting the saved data in the "manage game" section in "my games and apps" but that doesn't work, I've also deleted the game and reinstalled it but that didn't work either. Can you restart the game?

Well they did have a reset for it on the website but the updated the website and did not put the reset tab with it heres how it was before website update. Login-Account management- Reset. That was the old way