Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Valkyr

Delinquent46

Question

Hello,

New member here i wanna ask some questions

I started playing a few days ago and i wanted to find a frame that i like,so far i have test Excalibur,Rhino,Nyx,Loki and Valkyr

and i realy liked the gamestyle of Valkyr so i want to ask help from more experienced player,cause everything i do is from google

i will show my build and the weapons i have/use

tell me what i need to change or what is a mistake and what to focus on

uJGa6f1.jpg http://imgur.com/a/hZvWY

pa4QFNZ.jpg http://imgur.com/a/sp39o

Qb0Lwup.jpg  http://imgur.com/a/otuD3

6E7VUbl.jpg http://imgur.com/a/LByEZ

for some reason the images not working i will update them

Edited by Delinquent46

11 answers to this question

Your heavy impact is a wasted mod on Valkyr who is incapable of hard landings, so heavy impact will never proc.  Redirection is also a waste on Valkyr since she has very little in the base shield department.  Switch redirection for steel fiber, and consider upping your vitality with the gained points from removing heavy impact.  You should also remove fast deflection on Valkyr since her base shields are negligible.

Broken-war wise, drop your r0 reach and use those mod points to up one of your 90% damage mods.

For your Hek, unless you are trying to have the 4 damage types to create 2 combined damage, dropping two of them and upping your remaining 2 90% damage mods will give you better results.

Edited by (XB1)Agent Hodor
Noticed fast deflection on Valkyr

- on the Hek, you've got the right idea, but you need to invest ranks in your elemental mods in order for them to really do anything, most players will just stick to one element, either a simple one like Toxin, or a Combined one like Radiation (Heat and Electricity combined). you can always change you elemental mods to be appropriate for the faction you're going up against, and each one has different weaknesses.

- on the Marelok, again, sticking to one element makes for a much easier build, and the Marelok is also a great Critical weapon. if you put on mods like Target Cracker and pistol Gambit, you can get critical hits more easily and they will do more damage. you can build it for crit or status, the Marelok is flexible enough to do both. also consider putting one of your 11 point mods in a polarity slot to make more space.

- on Valkyr, this build is OK, but I would say ditch the Redirection, as your rage mod depends on health damage to grant energy, and shields just get in the way. don't worry too much about having low shields, Valkyr has a ton of Armour, so she can take it easily. you could swap it out for something like Armored Agility, for more Armour AND a speed boost which really helps with Valkyr, as movement is key when using her.

- on your Broken-War, I won't Criticize iron Phoenix as Crimson dervish is hard for newer players to get hold of, and I won't even get started on Vengeful Revenant, but Phoenix is still an OK stance and gets the job done. again, consider ranking up your elemental mods and either finding one that works for you, or switch them out for different factions. (you can make a build for different factions by switching your config slot)

gotta say though, you definitely have taste when it comes to weapons!

16 minutes ago, Delinquent46 said:

with what i should change fast deflection 

Sorry, guess the forums at the rest of my edit on that.  Instead of Armored Agility, try to get the Eternal War augment mod from Perrin Sequence/New Loka.  It will extend the duration of your Warcry skill for every melee kill you get while the skill is active.  This will allow you to maintain its attack speed and armor bonus longer, while you melee, which is what Valkyr excels at.

Just now, (XB1)Agent Hodor said:

Well he is not using any syndicate weapons (primary MR12+ or secondary MR6+)  and augment mods are not MR restricted to use

Vaykor Marelok is a syndicate weapon, no?  But I believe you did just explain it as it's only an MR 6 requirement.