Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is Valkyr more balanced or wukong

achromos

Question

9 answers to this question

If I'm honest I would say Valkyr, as you can't sit in her Invulnerability for a whole match and it limits your fighting capacity. However, Valkyr also has a base 67% damage reduction with her armour value, so she is exceptionally tanky. 

I can't tell you which to use, but I find Valkyr more satisfying to play.

technically Hydroid is the least OP invincible frame

also technically atlas and excal and ash and inaros and limbo are invuln during their powers (atlas and excal both cannot take health damage during their 1)

I don't think of the two frames you suggested, either is more balanced than the other, they have trade offs- valkyr is gated to melee during her ult (so no tonkor/simulor room clearing), but her melee is pretty strong. And Wukong is allowed to use what ever weapons (or just fly around) during defy (or cloud walker), but doesn't have the benefit of having strong damage-dealing powers (even though iron jab and primal fury both scale with melee mods)

Wukong isnt the immortal God everyone thinks he is even with rage. you have to make sure you dont hit any nullifers with him, make you reset defy after multiple uses, a magnetic proc on a late game run and your dead or, continuous fire will suringly deplete you energy and you die. Wukong players require skill. To be honest his cloud walker is more op than defy as you can chill in the sky and regenerate energy and health for an easy 60 secs. WIth a natural talent you can be a ninja and pop in and out performing easy finishers and without taking any damage  

6 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

technically Hydroid is the least OP invincible frame

also technically atlas and excal and ash and inaros and limbo are invuln during their powers (atlas and excal both cannot take health damage during their 1)

I don't think of the two frames you suggested, either is more balanced than the other, they have trade offs- valkyr is gated to melee during her ult (so no tonkor/simulor room clearing), but her melee is pretty strong. And Wukong is allowed to use what ever weapons (or just fly around) during defy (or cloud walker), but doesn't have the benefit of having strong damage-dealing powers (even though iron jab and primal fury both scale with melee mods)

I don't qualify Hydroid as immortal, even though technically you are right.  However, barring atlas, I think it goes even farther down hill from there.

between those two, I would say Wukong is technically Stronger for outright invincibility: sure Valkyr's invincible, but you drain energy faster than Wukong does, you're forced into melee combat, and you have to avoid enemies to come out of Hysteria safely.

Wukong on the other hand can just keep going with rage, uses less energy, can still sue any weapon with defy active and can safely deactivate Defy near enemies (Though you still run the risk of dying while recasting on higher levels. personally I don't really consider either of them unbalanced though, since Valkyr has restrictions, but Wukong doesn't have any team support or group CC, so is forced into being solely a damage dealer.

Hardcore Wukong fan reporting in.

Wukong can be invulnerable since he has a "invulnerable timer" which allows him nullifier to damage but there are drawbacks to him since a lot of energy is consumed in the process.

Having rage doesn't mean he won't go down as this means everytime you take a hit, you're getting less health each time so in the flow of time you will eventually go down. Understanding his kit is based players experience and how good they are with him.

Personal note, Wukong and Valkyr are great frames as I've used them both but with valkyr' energy consumption can be countered with arcane energize. Also defy means resist so in Wukong context, that means resisting death by gaining a portion of health.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

23 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

between those two, I would say Wukong is technically Stronger for outright invincibility: sure Valkyr's invincible, but you drain energy faster than Wukong does, you're forced into melee combat, and you have to avoid enemies to come out of Hysteria safely.

Wukong on the other hand can just keep going with rage, uses less energy, can still sue any weapon with defy active and can safely deactivate Defy near enemies (Though you still run the risk of dying while recasting on higher levels. personally I don't really consider either of them unbalanced though, since Valkyr has restrictions, but Wukong doesn't have any team support or group CC, so is forced into being solely a damage dealer.

Rage with defy will use more energy and enemies that leech energy as well.