Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venus proper tilset

(PSN)Igna232

"The lore" this and "the lore" that. People use that catchfrase to defend or enforce whatever best suits their own interests of determined "the-line-is-drawn-here" headstrong superficial viewpoints. You don't really care, but you oppose the idea of a new tileset (who wouldn't want that?) that would make more coherent sense.

Venus is an acidic gas storms and volcano hell-scape (in reality).

Venus' "Fragment Lore" refers to Orokin terraforming technology, sure... but it doesn't mention either ice, acid, fire, or anything like that. So, for example, I could just as easily say that the Orokin terraforming technology regulates Venus' acidic hell landscape.

People just see the pretty picture with snow and take that as "set in stone" fact, but, it's just a drawing, a graphic, and it can be very easily replaced, someday, if they ever give Venus a proper tileset.

Remember that DE's planning to focus on updating the Corpus faction after The War Within.

Edited by Zoretor

3 hours ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

Is Venus ever going to get a proper tilset? I can't play in the hottest planet with one of the thickest atmospheres on a tilset full of ice where I can see the starts. Ceres looks more like Venus than Venus it self.

This was one of the first things I joked about when I was new to WF. An atmosphere consisting of 96% carbon dioxide and an pressure 92 times that of earth. Hottest surface in our solar system (Edit: 462 °C; 863 °F ) even though Mercury is closer to the sun. In WF it's an ice planet...

To have done that change through terraforming would make what have been done to both the earth and moon in WF look like child's play.

Ceres in WF is also still pretty inaccurate as a Venus replacement. Because of the high atmospheric pressure, floating cities would make a lot of sense on Venus. Also to avoid the clouds of sulfuric acid.

Edited by Golmihr

32 minutes ago, Zoretor said:

"The lore" this and "the lore" that. People use that catchfrase to defend or enforce whatever best suits their own interests of determined "the-line-is-drawn-here" headstrong superficial viewpoints. You don't really care, but you oppose the idea of a new tileset (who wouldn't want that?) that would make more coherent sense.

Venus is an acidic gas storms and volcano hell-scape (in reality).

Venus' "Fragment Lore" refers to Orokin terraforming technology, sure... but it doesn't mention either ice, acid, fire, or anything like that. So, for example, I could just as easily say that the Orokin terraforming technology regulates Venus' acidic hell landscape.

People just see the pretty picture with snow and take that as "set in stone" fact, but, it's just a drawing, a graphic, and it can be very easily replaced, someday, if they ever give Venus a proper tileset.

Remember that DE's planning to focus on updating the Corpus faction after The War Within.

the terraforming artifacts started to fail very recently if you didnt notice

Edited by (XB1)Closegato

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

the terraforming artifacts started to fail very recently if you didnt notice

Yeah?... And?...

Why would the Orokin (or any civilization, for that matter) transform an acidic, fiery hellhole into a frozen tundra? Why the need to turn the dial from "HOT AS HELL" to "COLD AS F***"? Wouldn't the "magical, McGuffin-esque" terraforming technology of the Orokin's dial not have a middle ground?

Whatever. Venus should not have ice, and as a matter of fact the graphic as it's shown on the Solar Map doesn't precisely scream "snow", either...

"Corpus Ice Outpost" tileset should belong either specifically to Pluto (and NO other planet), or on Earth (as if the Corpus have bases specifically in the polar regions).

For now, I'll just suck it up and, well, play the game, which kicks &#!.

Edited by Zoretor

11 minutes ago, Zoretor said:

Yeah?... And?...

Why would the Orokin (or any civilization, for that matter) transform an acidic, fiery hellhole into a frozen tundra? Why the need to turn the dial from "HOT AS HELL" to "COLD AS F***"? Wouldn't the "magical, McGuffin-esque" terraforming technology of the Orokin's dial not have a middle ground?

Whatever. Venus should not have ice, and as a matter of fact the graphic as it's shown on the Solar Map doesn't precisely scream "snow", either...

im gonna repeat it

"the terraforming artifacts started to fail very recently if you didnt notice"

thats why the planet has a cold temperature instead of moderate temperature

thats why in the venus icon of the star chart there no snow its hot as in reality

you should be asking yourself oh! but if it is hot why the tenno dont go there so we can play in a very funny hot tileset because the corpus cant survive in the hot part so why going where there arent objectives to do?

thats why the tileset doesnt match with the graphic shown on the solar map the science or whatever because the terraforming ororkin artifacts are broken and they are functioning like a crazy goat

Edited by (XB1)Closegato

I always hope that each planet will get their own unique tileset one day. I was really disappointed when I was first playing the game and I got to move on to phobos and it looked the same as mars. I'd love for every planet to have some kind of planet-side tilesets, whether it be floating cities, on the ground itself, or underwater/underground. I think it would make progressing through the starchart way more unique and engaging. 

6 hours ago, kinrest said:

I always hope that each planet will get their own unique tileset one day. I was really disappointed when I was first playing the game and I got to move on to phobos and it looked the same as mars. I'd love for every planet to have some kind of planet-side tilesets, whether it be floating cities, on the ground itself, or underwater/underground. I think it would make progressing through the starchart way more unique and engaging. 

This.

The lore is that the Corpus built their bases there because the planet is still being kept frozen by Orokin technology. We know the Orokin loved freezing temperatures. From the availability of argon crystals in the void, we can infer it is a very cold place as well. Orokin probably had argon crystals on Venus as well, but those melted long time ago, as the planet got warmer and is in its current too warm but still frozen state.

9 minutes ago, kinrest said:

This would be so amazing to play in

Thank you! Exactly. There could be stations that are shielded from the heat but with doors/airlocks that lead to outside, the outside would be permanent fire hazard. Certain missions could have parts where you have to skip outside to get from one part of the station to another. The clouds would be dark red and completely cover the light of the sun, all the light coming from the surface.