Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta Accounts Reset - 5 Reasons Why It is Needed!

MetaMortred

I read in the FAQs (you should totally read it too if you havent still):

Warframe FAQ

That there is a chance that some can keep their accounts. I think that this should not be - at least not completely. Here are my reasons:

1. The Credit

The money system for one needs tweaking, we havea lot of unspent credits. I am spending on 20-30 deciphers just for lols, and many health kits. I have bough almost everything buyavle in the game, sometimes I just buy it, test it and sell it back (a quarter of a the price) and I still have over 700K remaining. I felt like I enabled the infinite money cheat. No fun there.

2. The Mods

I have seriously overpowered mods. One that allow me to break the natural order of things. I wont go into details, but I have something that allows me to cast my Ulti 5 times on a full energy tank. People hate me for that. (I took it out so it is fair to other, but it has to go globally)

3. The Missions

New levels are up:

I have unlocked every single mission and planet - I would never do some of them again, however if new levels are rolled out I might miss on the occation by not going trough them. I strongly suggest to reset the levels so we can traverse trough them again.

4. The Ranking System

The ranking needs a lot of rework: at its current state it is not attuned to current players.

The Player Ranking Must Be Faster But Thougher (Harder)

5. The Items

I have Hek, but maybe Im not supposed to? I have many components and many swords, that are not deemed rare, is that fair to new players?

so what do you think?

How much do you think should be wiped? what should be kept?

@TC

this sounds like a cry cry thread...

the fact of the matter is a reset in a skill based game is not needed, however, if this were a generic ARPG a reset WOULD be needed to fix many, many flaws. inw arframe however the game is level based and skill based, when we get a world chat hopefully the issue of lower level players not having someone to party with will be fixed.

as long as we dont et PvP the community should stay pretty mature.

Let me kinda go at each point individually...

1. The Credit

The money system for one needs tweaking, we havea lot of unspent credits. I am spending on 20-30 deciphers just for lols, and many health kits. I have bough almost everything buyavle in the game, sometimes I just buy it, test it and sell it back (a quarter of a the price) and I still have over 700K remaining. I felt like I enabled the infinite money cheat. No fun there.

Credit is kinda easy to come by... so it really doesn't matter. In fact, name one time you were held up by credits and had no mods to sell.

2. The Mods

I have seriously overpowered mods. One that allow me to break the natural order of things. I wont go into details, but I have something that allows me to cast my Ulti 5 times on a full energy tank. People hate me for that. (I took it out so it is fair to other, but it has to go globally)

True. And they can nerf mods that are currently in your inventory. They already have with a few of mine. I used to have a 150% crit damage, it got nerfed to 100%.

3. The Missions

New levels are up:

I have unlocked every single mission and planet - I would never do some of them again, however if new levels are rolled out I might miss on the occation by not going trough them. I strongly suggest to reset the levels so we can traverse trough them again.

True. And they could actually add new sections to the current ,maps for them. Ya know, we have an astroid belt in our solar system that they've yet to touch on.

4. The Ranking System

The ranking needs a lot of rework: at its current state it is not attuned to current players.

True... and a reset had nothing to do with that...

5. The Items

I have Hek, but maybe Im not supposed to? I have many components and many swords, that are not deemed rare, is that fair to new players?

K... You'd... get that eventually anyway... You'd get all of that eventually anyway.

Edited by ChathSuaco

I don't get the part about not replaying levels/missions.. this isn't a story game, it's a co-op (awesome) shooter. In my eyes atleast. Did you stop playing after you beat Diablo in the Diablo games?

And you could just get a new frame, and a new weapon, and play through it again. I haven't done all the missions yet, and I've got 5 (iirc) frames I'd like to level up ^^

Games usually reset at the end of closed betas. People should be ready for it when they are playing one. Just saying don't be upset if it does need to happen.

...except this topic has been brought up countless times before. like PvP.

its been staff confirmed that a reset at the end os CB isnt planned.

...except this topic has been brought up countless times before. like PvP.

its been staff confirmed that a reset at the end os CB isnt planned.

Not planned, no, but it will happen if necessary.

And they're also working on an optional reset for anyone who wants to.

Not planned, no, but it will happen if necessary.

And they're also working on an optional reset for anyone who wants to.

what does that have to do with the topic?

its not planned - its confirmed to not be planned - and thats that.

the optional reset has been brought in this thread, too.

I see no point behind it. If you twinked out your account in all shiny lvl30 frames, weapons and mods you really wont have anything to do afterwards. On the other hand wiping out 3-4 of lvl30 supercharged frames and weapons is a heavy blow for people who've sat at the monitor for hours a day waiting fo a ? alert.

When we move over to open beta (and release afterwards) you can just keep a smurf account if you want a fresh experience, and not content with leveling a freshly built frame. The only scenario i could imagine where this could be potentially bad, is if the devs decide to implement trading (and even then the impact would be minimal in the long run).

If they plan on adding a trade system or auction house in the future then I think they should definetly wipe. People will have just so many mats and blueprints lying around that they would pretty much be worthless until all the surplus is drained from the game, that could end up taking many months. That can be a real turnoff to new players, and not bode well for the games population later on.

If they plan on adding a trade system or auction house in the future then I think they should definetly wipe. People will have just so many mats and blueprints lying around that they would pretty much be worthless until all the surplus is drained from the game, that could end up taking many months. That can be a real turnoff to new players, and not bode well for the games population later on.

I can hardly imagine a trading system where the trade of rare mats is allowed. Or even blueprints. If trading will be implemented it should be mods only, and only if the current randomness of the mods stays the same. At the moment thats the only compelling reason behind a trade system, and that's fine by me.

If they wipe my account i have to think twice if i play again.

Same here. If the game was competetive I would understand.

But no one gets hurt by leaving beta testers' account intact.

If you feel you have too much great stuff unlocked or no reason to play, feel free to start a new account and begin again...

Besides, there's always a reason to play older levels... either if you have friends that just begun and need to unlock everything, or if you have to gather materials, Alerts...

2. The Mods

what mod do you have that lets u cast ur ultimate 5x on a full energy tank? i thought max energy is 200 and an ultimate costs 100 energy..

If they wipe my account i have to think twice if i play again.

Same here. If the game was competetive I would understand.

But no one gets hurt by leaving beta testers' account intact.

If you feel you have too much great stuff unlocked or no reason to play, feel free to start a new account and begin again...

Besides, there's always a reason to play older levels... either if you have friends that just begun and need to unlock everything, or if you have to gather materials, Alerts...

I can understand that it wouldn't be that great for you if your account/equipment/whatever would be wiped, but you are just testing a beta for now...neither playing a demo nor a fully released game.

It's always possible that your account is getting wiped during a beta (it's fairly common), saying you won't play anymore if something like this would happen is a bit strange.

But like other people in this thread already said, for now no resets are planned...only a optional one.

Edited by Creydah

2. The Mods

what mod do you have that lets u cast ur ultimate 5x on a full energy tank? i thought max energy is 200 and an ultimate costs 100 energy..

energy efficiency mods and energy increase mods.

what does that have to do with the topic?

its not planned - its confirmed to not be planned - and thats that.

the optional reset has been brought in this thread, too.

It's not planned, but there is a chance it could happen. OP wants it, so I'm informing him that it's a possiblity regardlesss of wether they want to or not.

Pretty much directly on topic.

It's not planned, but there is a chance it could happen. OP wants it, so I'm informing him that it's a possiblity

It's not a possibility that is likely or intended by the developers. It is a backdoor, in case they find no other way around and cannot "fix" it with a rollback or unforseen events revamp the game so much that nothing but a reset would make sense, because "old data" doesn't work with "new game". Baning on such a probability is ... unwise.

It's not a possibility that is likely or intended by the developers. It is a backdoor, in case they find no other way around and cannot "fix" it with a rollback or unforseen events revamp the game so much that nothing but a reset would make sense, because "old data" doesn't work with "new game". Baning on such a probability is ... unwise.

No one should bank on it, obvs.

It is a Co-Op game. The worst being super powerful could possible cause is helping new players by making it through missions safer and faster.

The wipe isn't actually neccesary. Stop asking them to make you grind more.

^second this.

Thanks.

I can understand that it wouldn't be that great for you if your account/equipment/whatever would be wiped, but you are just testing a beta for now...neither playing a demo nor a fully released game.

There's just been a lot of time spent playing this game lately, with random alerts, leveling a dozen weapons to increase rank, trying to aquire new warframes via blueprints... It's all been a lot of work, all while dealing with gamebreaking bugs (just today we randomly fell out of the map and later were denied access to the map exit by an inactive door), reporting them, et cetera.

It's always possible that your account is getting wiped during a beta (it's fairly common), saying you won't play anymore if something like this would happen is a bit strange.

Not everyone plays as much as these players that end up with 700.000 credits. Obviously, they have too much time on their hands.

Regaining their progress will be easy for them.

Let them start smurf accounts if they think they exhausted the game's content and want to start again, but don't force everyone to begin anew.

It's been, at times, rather frustrating to grind the same boss 30 times for a blueprint.

And I don't even care if they nerf mods I own beneath my feet, while they are equipped even!

Sure go ahead, delete mods that are overpowered and give us balanced versions instead.

Balance weapons, change something or everything about them!

There is no crisis at hand.

They have all this data on their servers at their disposal (Mods, Weapons, Warframes...), this can be a simple fix.

Edited by Sherbniz

Reset = I'm done.

It's not true I am going to grind the same weapons, the same bosses, camp alerts like I have now. And I'm not waiting those goddamn 3 days for old stuff. Not interested.

If there's a reset, it's been fun, but I'm out. I am solely playing because there is no planned reset. If there's a big bug, I won't mind. But If they change their minds on what has been told, goodbye.

It's also the reason I might get a founder's pack.

Edited by WildJuice