Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restart playthrough from scratch

(XBOX)SlimyHog

Question

11 answers to this question

Only way to start over is making another account

As far as I know. Having another account isn't wrong. What's not permitted is for you to interact with both (i.e. trading between the two) (I think....)

Even mods here have created an alternate account to experience SotR as a new player, so I tbelieve you should be fine

Edited by Railgun_Alter

1 hour ago, Railgun_Alter said:

Only way to start over is making another account

As far as I know. Having another account isn't wrong. What's not permitted is for you to interact with both (i.e. trading between the two) (I think....)

Ecen mods here have created an alternate account to experience SotR as a new player, so I tbelieve you should be fine

@Railgun_Alter is correct. You are allowed to have as many accounts as you please, but you cannot trade between the two.

9 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Since you're on Xbox, the only way to start from scratch is to create a new gamertag. I believe you can do that on Xbox. Can't do it on PS4 though (if there are any PS4 players who are curious).

you can, you just need to have a dummy email address to link it to

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

as far as i know, you just cant have multiple accounts under the same username. so logic says new username>new game experience

No, I get that. I just didn't think you could create a new PSN username by using another email address. It makes sense. You just can't change your PSN username which is linked to an email address.

Thank you all for your responses! Just wanted to make sure. I get the 'no interaction' part tho. I think it will fun to play from scratch and I've always wondered what it would be like to start with Mag.

Not sure why DE does not let you start a new game from the existing account. Lots of games let you do that. Its all about replay-ability, IMHO. Imagine if you can keep your MR, and it grows based on the diversity of your selection of weapons/items. Also we don't have to mess around with accounts on the consoles and keep any plat we have in the game and they dont have to worry about inter-account interactions. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)SlimyHog said:

Thank you all for your responses! Just wanted to make sure. I get the 'no interaction' part tho. I think it will fun to play from scratch and I've always wondered what it would be like to start with Mag.

I recently did this myself.  It's an interesting experience.  It's a much clearer progression system than before.  I am having to get use to not being able to unlock planets by mercing the bosses.  You will also gain more respect for some things you/we might have taken for granted with our main accounts.  I know I have.  

14 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I recently did this myself.  It's an interesting experience.  It's a much clearer progression system than before.  I am having to get use to not being able to unlock planets by mercing the bosses.  You will also gain more respect for some things you/we might have taken for granted with our main accounts.  I know I have.  

Exactly what I am hoping for. Thanks for the feedback, am looking forward to it even more.