Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with new Syadana

Helel.ben.Shalem

Question

4 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

"I rarely EVER post on the forums" (This is your 1st post here)

Where did they ever say the arms were connected to the syandana? I dont recall that, and frankly im not understanding how so many people expected something that was clearly apart of the inspiration for the skin as something that wed be able to do on every frame. 

Cause you can use all the other stuff armor, syadana's, and weapon skin for other frames so we expected it to be like this as well and not limited to one frame 

Just now, growvilye500 said:

Cause you can use all the other stuff armor, syadana's, and weapon skin for other frames so we expected it to be like this as well and not limited to one frame 

You can use syandanas or weapons skins on other frames, but frame skins clearly dont work like that. The whole inspiration of the skin is the Hindu goddess arm things, why would main thing about the skin be available on other frames?

Like I said, I dont understand why one would assume that? I just find it weird. 

1 minute ago, armedpoop said:

You can use syandanas or weapons skins on other frames, but frame skins clearly dont work like that. The whole inspiration of the skin is the Hindu goddess arm things, why would main thing about the skin be available on other frames?

Like I said, I dont understand why one would assume that? I just find it weird. 

Cause it's a syadana and all the others have worked before with other frames that's why we expected it to cause we never had anything from the bundles be limited to one frame aside from the skin itself well that and the shoulder piece for Banshee's skin 

To be fair, the skin has long been advertised with the arms even in concept drawings. Those did not explicity show off the syandana. It's not too hard to figure out the arms are part of the skin and not the syandana...

Would be cool if the arms were on the Syandana though.

5 minutes ago, growvilye500 said:

Cause it's a syadana and all the others have worked before with other frames that's why we expected it to cause we never had anything from the bundles be limited to one frame aside from the skin itself well that and the shoulder piece for Banshee's skin 

But the syandana isnt linked to the skin, you can use it on other frames and it works just fine.

Also, we have had things limited to one frame in the past, see " Mortos Syandana " for Nekros only and "Valkyr's Bonds" for Valkyr only. 

4 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

But the syandana isnt linked to the skin, you can use it on other frames and it works just fine.

Also, we have had things limited to one frame in the past, see " Mortos Syandana " for Nekros only and "Valkyr's Bonds" for Valkyr only. 

Yes we know we can use the tinyass syandana just fine. It's the hands thing we thought we would get for every frames.

Mortos binds: Only Nekros is permitted to wear the Mortos Binds.

Valkyr's bonds: Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr etc ...

While I don't see no "too bad the awesome hands thingy are just for this Nova skin only" in the bundle's description.

1 minute ago, King said:

Yes we know we can use the tinyass syandana just fine. It's the hands thing we thought we would get for every frames.

Mortos binds: Only Nekros is permitted to wear the Mortos Binds.

Valkyr's bonds: Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr etc ...

While I don't see no "too bad the awesome hands thingy are just for this Nova skin only" in the bundle's description.

true

Honestly, the body skin is the best part. The base color is ugly as hell, but if you change it, its amazing.

But that doesnt saves the helm, that looks like a giant fly head, and the syandana.

If the the syandana cloth was bigger, about the Imperator syandana height, it would look really cool. The current size makes it look like a pack of space sausages strapped to your back.

47 minutes ago, King said:

Do you really need it tho? The skin itself is clearly based off of a Hindu goddess, I didnt think thatd be apart of a syandana. We didnt even know we would be getting a syandana until today. 

Edited by armedpoop

1 minute ago, armedpoop said:

Do ou really need it tho? The skin itself is clearly based off of a Hindu goddess, I didnt think thatd be apart of a syandana. We didnt even know we would be getting a syandana until today. 

As you can see, many people (me included) need it.

DE Megan "... and a sacred new Syandana to your Arsenal." 

There is nothing but this in the patchnotes, all this here says that what I see in the picture should have been working as intended throughout all frames just like any other Syandana thats ever been released. 

What it should have said, "...and a new Syandana that work exclusively to Nova's new skin." 

So I am taking this as false advertisement. I just wasted money for a Syandana I can't use unless I use a frame that I have only used for less that 1% of my 2000 hours in this game.

1 hour ago, Redscyte said:

DE Megan "... and a sacred new Syandana to your Arsenal." 

There is nothing but this in the patchnotes, all this here says that what I see in the picture should have been working as intended throughout all frames just like any other Syandana thats ever been released. 

What it should have said, "...and a new Syandana that work exclusively to Nova's new skin." 

So I am taking this as false advertisement. I just wasted money for a Syandana I can't use unless I use a frame that I have only used for less that 1% of my 2000 hours in this game.

Feel you on that I don't even think I have 1% on her never cared for her that much 

Just bought the skin, and I'm just gonna go ask for a refund at this current state. 

I was under the impression that the arms would be with the syandana because that's how it worked with all the syndicate syandana. But as it turns out it was with the skin, and it only last for about half a second everytime you cast an ability, which is really really a shame considering how nice it looks and how much nicer it would look on other frames such as trinity and Wukong. 

Skin wise, I'm not too impressed with the head. It just looks like a fly's head to me but taste is subjective and the skin looks too much like pottery or ceramic statues for my liking.

What I'm really concerned about is how little the store page and the launcher page tells me. Nothing in the description mentioned that the arms comes with the body skisn except for the avatar's visual hint, but that's still incredibly vague. Not to mention when you click on the display, you only see the image that DE wants you to see, not the usual rotating model like enemy codex or weapon codex. And that syandana is like a bad joke, I scroll through my arsenal twice to look for the arms then I found a little backpack full of sausages claiming to be the nova skin pack.

12 hours ago, Metalbawkses said:

Just bought the skin, and I'm just gonna go ask for a refund at this current state. 

I was under the impression that the arms would be with the syandana because that's how it worked with all the syndicate syandana. But as it turns out it was with the skin, and it only last for about half a second everytime you cast an ability, which is really really a shame considering how nice it looks and how much nicer it would look on other frames such as trinity and Wukong. 

Skin wise, I'm not too impressed with the head. It just looks like a fly's head to me but taste is subjective and the skin looks too much like pottery or ceramic statues for my liking.

What I'm really concerned about is how little the store page and the launcher page tells me. Nothing in the description mentioned that the arms comes with the body skisn except for the avatar's visual hint, but that's still incredibly vague. Not to mention when you click on the display, you only see the image that DE wants you to see, not the usual rotating model like enemy codex or weapon codex. And that syandana is like a bad joke, I scroll through my arsenal twice to look for the arms then I found a little backpack full of sausages claiming to be the nova skin pack.

Yeah I got it for my Wukong thinking hey this matches my Wukong color scheme quite nicely and a skin for the tonbo? I'm game but then I get the heart breaking news oh its just a thrift shop piece of cloth no arms in this package -.-

The skin I think is fine with my slipstream but I don't care enough for nova only thing I like now is the Tonbo skin since I love using polearms or I would have been like you and asked for a refund cause they really didn't make things clear at all 

3 hours ago, growvilye500 said:

Yeah I got it for my Wukong thinking hey this matches my Wukong color scheme quite nicely and a skin for the tonbo? I'm game but then I get the heart breaking news oh its just a thrift shop piece of cloth no arms in this package -.-

The skin I think is fine with my slipstream but I don't care enough for nova only thing I like now is the Tonbo skin since I love using polearms or I would have been like you and asked for a refund cause they really didn't make things clear at all 

I managed to get the refund, the support guy was nice enough to reverse the purchase but told me to be cautious next time, serves me right I guess. Never going to make another purchase in this game without waiting for a video now, thanks DE!

IRC, DE said somewhere (devstream I think?) that the arms are part of the nova skin. Also, they never said anything about the arms coming from the syandana. Although they could have disseminated the information in a better way...