Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Extraction suggestions

Padomay

Greetings!

We've all been in these situations, haven't we? We enter some particular "infinite" mission type - say, Survival or Defence - and at some point, you or some other player decides he wants to leave. But the trick is, you'd need to bring at least 50% of the group to the Evac zone for that to happen, and you might not want to spoil everyone else's fun by asking them to leave the mission with you. Other times, you'd join a random group of three players running a Defence mission. You'd agree to their suggestion to stay 'till wave 20, but as soon as the wave 15 Evac timer counts down its last milliseconds, they all flip over to Evac instead of Stay, leaving you to face the hungry for your flesh Infested hordes alone.

Here are two suggestions that may turn both issues on their head.

• When a player reaches the evac zone, he should start the one-minute timer even if he's there alone, but not for the entire team - only for those standing at the Evac right now. Others should be able to see that timer and a list of players already on the evac zone, and by pressing, say, [F1] should be able to "agree" to evac themselves, regardless of where they are on the map (or [F2], if they've "agreed" but later changed their mind). That way, you'd be able to evacuate alone if you really want or need to, but you'd also keep an option for a "group evac" in the game the way it works now.
  • Speaking about defence - every time someone'd leave the mission, the "evac or stay" countdown for everyone else should go up another 5 seconds. In that case, even if one of the four players hits "leave" at the last second, he gets booted out (once the timer ends), and another 5 (better yet, 10) second timer pops up for everyone else, with a note that "Player *player_name* [*MR*] (*Warframe_name*) left the mission. Evacuate or proceed with the mission?".

I'm pretty sure that, if you've ever been in those situations, you'd consider these changes to be useful ones.

Yours truly,

Padomay

just copy pasting my thoughts about it from steam here too:

"i sure would prefer unwilling players to be able to leave the mission, to those unwilling players to be forced to stay and just keeping disrupting the mission (either with verbal curses or due to dying, not helping downed teammates or letting the excavators getting destoyed).
but for the sake of farming, i would suggest that DE would then put some kind of hotseat-mode into it where other players can join in regardless of how long the mission is already going. in fact, i had some occurances where people DID joined in very late - far beyond the point where it should be possible. i don't know for sure (for they never confessed it) that they were staff of DE, mods or "special" tester.
for the addition of 5 secs for everyone who changes from stay to leave, i would say a system of being only able to switch around for half of the timers max (10s?) would be enough for one to "change" his mind about it (also, no more "stay-in-the-middle" - the default option should either be leave or stay)."

so yeah, there is some room for improvement here and i give it my +1  ;)

Yeah, thanks guys.

On 06.08.2016 at 0:33 AM, fr4gb4ll said:

just copy pasting my thoughts about it from steam here too:

"i sure would prefer unwilling players to be able to leave the mission, to those unwilling players to be forced to stay and just keeping disrupting the mission (either with verbal curses or due to dying, not helping downed teammates or letting the excavators getting destoyed).
but for the sake of farming, i would suggest that DE would then put some kind of hotseat-mode into it where other players can join in regardless of how long the mission is already going. in fact, i had some occurances where people DID joined in very late - far beyond the point where it should be possible. i don't know for sure (for they never confessed it) that they were staff of DE, mods or "special" tester.
for the addition of 5 secs for everyone who changes from stay to leave, i would say a system of being only able to switch around for half of the timers max (10s?) would be enough for one to "change" his mind about it (also, no more "stay-in-the-middle" - the default option should either be leave or stay)."

so yeah, there is some room for improvement here and i give it my +1  ;)

And fr4gb4ll, I've seen people joining in quite late in the game, after quite a few waves of Def or Interception. Rarely, but happens.