Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara- Navigator and focus lenses

Cortanis

Question

So I've been playing a lot with Ivara lately and I was thinking about throwing on a focus lens onto her. Problem is that the A. Bow and Navigator are the only abilities that can do damage. The big one that I have questions on is actually Navigator though. Do kills done with navigator count as xp/focus on the frame and as such, contribute to your focus lens on the frame? Is it a case that the kills count tword the weapon used instead of the frame? Maybe does it count as both and I can get away with trying to double up on the focus harvest with two sets of lenses?

7 answers to this question

I think navigator kills will count as weapon kills. However, all weapon kills earn 50% affinity to the weapon and 50% affinity to your warframe. So if you put the lens on your frame and get kills with weapons exclusively, you still get 50% of the total affinity converted to focus.

On the other hand, scoring kills with damaging warframe powers like artemis bow will credit 100% of the affinity to the warframe.

Don't forget that the shared affinity from other player's kills also contribute slightly, as long as you and your group are getting kills it really doesn't matter how it's done. Endless mission types with a powerful group can net you huge quantities of focus affinity, even with just one lens, multiple lenses on your loadout can bring you ridiculous amounts if you use the lensed equipment effectively.

26 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Endless mission types with a powerful group can net you huge quantities of focus affinity, even with just one lens, multiple lenses on your loadout can bring you ridiculous amounts if you use the lensed equipment effectively.

That is actually the point of this one, but as a solo player. I have a red crit Paris Prime that can push out stupid amounts of damage on. The idea is to take a vantage point room, like the grineer spy room that is a column with the opening on the top, and use Navigator to drive the arrow through the level netting kills. It'll be costly on the energy pool, but with a pool at around 600 I can live with that.