Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

17 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Yes and the quest related to Umbras will explain why we didn't have them in the first place.

though in all honesty it may be the primes were the first run of orokin tech installed warframes and umbra's are then next gen units  

as excal prime is featured in derilect vault , meaning it was around durring the orokin era and not just a new variation

UEP2LxO.jpg

1 hour ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Ok so I probably participated in those old conversations, but here's my current thought. 

Prime = Orokin Prototype

Umbra = Orokin Production Model

Regular = Tenno Mass Produced copies with performance reduced slightly because of need to build them quickly and cheaply and not having the capability to build Umbras. 

that makes more sense or at least

primes -first gen orokin model

umbras - second gen models 

in all honesty it reminds me of the show android #009 vs the high numbers

androids were the origionals in red and the high teens were black  

netflix has a new version if you need an example (devilman vs android #009) 

Cyborg-009-vs-Devilman-Cyborg-009-Visual origional #

2ac47b643820884bb0e88c87b8f30f8214437078 High number 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

6 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

snip

i never said that i thought my theory is fun nor i said that umbras are ze originals , i said that maybe the tenno used the umbra frames to kill the orokin , and lotus hid them to hide the fact from us and hide who we are and what we did

Theory:  If a Tenno - the operator's physical body - dies while connected to a Warframe, their mind partially transfers to the Warframe.  The mind is incomplete and damaged, but now a standalone Warframe, the shadow of the Operator's mind now running the Umbra frame.  Stalker was one of there.

Worth noting that in the second dream, it's implied by Hunhow that Stalker was an operator - but the tense is was, not is, meaning he's not an operator anymore.  Thus, the theory.

Edited by Phatose

2 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Theory:  If a Tenno - the operator's physical body - dies while connected to a Warframe, their mind partially transfers to the Warframe.  The mind is incomplete and damaged, but now a standalone Warframe, the shadow of the Operator's mind now running the Umbra frame.  Stalker was one of there.

Worth noting that in the second dream, it's implied by Hunhow that Stalker was an operator - but the tense is was, not is, meaning he's not an operator anymore.  Thus, the theory.

ya thats another one ive contemplated on... it seems very logical 

anyone think that Umbra will come out in The War Within ? or after it with his own cinematic quest ? I think it will be in TWW ( The Wa....) cause I remember that De only mentioned it " it is gonna be a part of something big" Hope this quest is "Big" enough to bring Umbra to us.....

On 5/17/2016 at 1:48 PM, EmptyDevil said:

I have a somewhat similar thought but it's not specifically related to Umbra. I don't particularly think the actual Tenno body is wearing the armor in a literal sense.

Something that kinda sticks out to me since The Second Dream is what Ballas said:

"...it's about the other rejects we consigned to Lua a few years ago. They're calling it... Transference."

I found it odd that he used the words "the other rejects", so i did some musing and wondered if he meant something else as well. What if some of the earlier experiments with Transference literally transferred the Tenno mind into the surrogate body, instead of projecting it? These rejects wouldn't be the best for immortal soldiers because they don't have a way to return to their original body upon death. The surrogate is their new body now.

It would basically look like this:

Failed Transference

Original body > Link > Surrogate with Tenno(can't return to original body)

Successful Transference

Original body <> Link <> <Surrogate with Tenno(original body still accessible)

I'm thinking this might be the nature of some Warframes, if not all. It could fit with this as well:

"All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself."

Makes more sense than the salty stalker-killed-his-operator theory too.

Basically a Tenno could wear the Warframe(it's fancy outer layer), but they would be whatever the surrogate is underneath.

This is what I will think for the rest of my life, and no argument will sway me. +1

1 hour ago, XideBeast said:

anyone think that Umbra will come out in The War Within ? or after it with his own cinematic quest ? I think it will be in TWW ( The Wa....) cause I remember that De only mentioned it " it is gonna be a part of something big" Hope this quest is "Big" enough to bring Umbra to us.....

i did a poll and got 55% think war within

20 hours ago, Phatose said:

with reason its possible that the shadows are like this, as the orokin used the "empires rejects" to create new soldiers based on the accident that happened with the operators(tenno who are childlike) its possible adult, criminals, convicts were used to create soldiers that had the minds/consiousness permanently pushed to their frames and restricted vocals to be whispers as they were not really made to talk through a frame, but if that is the case, it in part explains why stalker and acolytes have so much HP and variant powers. they need a bit more buff as when they "die" in the frame its more permanent , this is possibly explains how misery could summon the others at the end as they were not just a surrogate body but a body possessed by a consciousness 

y02qlAz.jpgmkjeBQX.jpg

I think that Umbra will have an appearance in The War Within , but a minor one . I think he'll fully release U19.5

or possibly U20 ( this phrase will flame wars lol )

Edit : reading the whole  thread is tiresome

Edited by (PS4)joe03827

On May 19, 2016 at 11:34 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

though in all honesty it may be the primes were the first run of orokin tech installed warframes and primes are then next gen units  

as excal prime is featured in derilect vault , meaning it was around durring the orokin era and not just a new variation

UEP2LxO.jpg

Exactly

13 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

What was it?

Oh god you're making me remember lol

Anyways , So Excal Umbra had less gold bits , BUT HIS HELM LOOKED SO TERRIBLE . I don't remember there being a quest in the dream . I also remember seeing a skin for rhino that made him look like a weird infested thing , it was a thing  A THING (lol) Excal's helm was carved weirdly it was so bad ,  Community wasnt pleased with him 

I don't remember much tbh im sorry 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Oh god you're making me remember lol

Anyways , So Excal Umbra had less gold bits , BUT HIS HELM LOOKED SO TERRIBLE . I don't remember there being a quest in the dream . I also remember seeing a skin for rhino that made him look like a weird infested thing , it was a thing  A THING (lol) Excal's helm was carved weirdly it was so bad ,  Community wasnt pleased with him 

I don't remember much tbh im sorry 

I had a dream of an awesome excal skin that made him actually look like a knight also it worked with WARFRAMES art style

45 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

It's fine, though I'm guessing you were dreaming of lore due to you thinking of the rhino infested skin which relates to rhinos codex. So it fine, I'm just happy to talk about umbra until his release.

ACTUALLY The Rhino Infested skin made him look like infested , you know the red infested blob near the the door in the orbiter ? yh .Rhino looked EXACTLY like that , change the red to yellow and in thee dream he was at a grineer door , also there was a nova skin , it wasn't bad

12 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

ACTUALLY The Rhino Infested skin made him look like infested , you know the red infested blob near the the door in the orbiter ? yh .Rhino looked EXACTLY like that , change the red to yellow and in thee dream he was at a grineer door , also there was a nova skin , it wasn't bad

So he was just a blob waking around. You should of tried to control your dream a little more to try and play him with that skin.