Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Apollo drop it. Excalibur Prime isn't coming back. That is fair. This isn't a "I want Excalibur Prime" thread.

don't get your panties in a twist im just having fun, moreso than I've had sitting in the perennial waiting room for Umbra. Its just a fun little inquiry and entirely hypothetical, for arguments sake.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

If its not a paper contract, or a legally binding one than really, it doesn't mean crap and DE could just say screw it and do what they want anyway.

Signs point to it being a legally binding contract, since they could not re-release them for Chinese 'originators' and had to create a primed Umbra Excalibur for those players instead. This was part of a deal involving another company that DE merged with, so you know if they can't get around it for the company that's supplying them with large infusions of cash it is likely ironclad. And even if it wasn't, DE has typically kept its promises to players, and they should be respected for that.

Anyway, as another Tenno has already stated, this is not an 'I want Excalibur Prime' thread. This is supposed to be fun discussion and speculation about Umbra warframes.

It seems to me that there is a significance to the idea of a war within, as it was mentioned at the end of The Second Dream by the Lotus herself, and appears again as the name of a future update, shown in the teaser video at the end of the PAX East panel. Whether it has something to do with umbra warframes is unclear, but it does make me wonder if there is also a dark side to the Tenno/Operators as well as the warframes.

2 minutes ago, Tzolkat said:

Signs point to it being a legally binding contract, since they could not re-release them for Chinese 'originators' and had to create a primed Umbra Excalibur for those players instead. This was part of a deal involving another company that DE merged with, so you know if they can't get around it for the company that's supplying them with large infusions of cash it is likely ironclad. And even if it wasn't, DE has typically kept its promises to players, and they should be respected for that.

Anyway, as another Tenno has already stated, this is not an 'I want Excalibur Prime' thread. This is supposed to be fun discussion and speculation about Umbra warframes.

It seems to me that there is a significance to the idea of a war within, as it was mentioned at the end of The Second Dream by the Lotus herself, and appears again as the name of a future update, shown in the teaser video at the end of the PAX East panel. Whether it has something to do with umbra warframes is unclear, but it does make me wonder if there is also a dark side to the Tenno/Operators as well as the warframes.

giphy.gif

yes the concept of umbra in science points to such a concept

using to points of light a shaded region appears behind an object 

creating a umbra

250px-Kernschatten_und_Halbschatten.svg.

heres another thought though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbra_(World_of_Darkness)

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

i just want an Excalibur with shiny gold stuff to fill the space left by the prime I'll never have. That's what Umbra means to non founders, the prime we never got due to some stupid promise that was a HORRIBLE idea that DE should have never had that led to a load of salt. Umbra is their redemption to the other 99.9% of the players, to the non-founders. That's why wed be pissed if elitist founders tries to ruin this for us. Just remember, just cause you're a founder don't mean you have the highest amount of time and money put into this game. Don't even think that you love it more than everyone else just cause you were there from the beginning.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

the thing is, DE shot themselves in the foot with this stupid promise. I gotta know though, is this part of a legal binding contract? If so, contracts do expire and they can choose not to renew it. Also, I do know that Excalibur Prime is only exclusive in THIS game, so if DE decides to ever do a sequel, prequel, or spinoff to Warframe, they can legally release Excalibur Prime there because its only binding to the original game.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

How to release Excalibur Prime legally, a guide for total shysters

1. Re-release Warframe under a DIFFERENT NAME (Warframe 2, Warframe Prime etc.) with new stuff (guns, swords, frames etc.) but otherwise make it the same game.

2. Include a profile transfer system for you to get all your stuff back.

3. Release Excalibur Prime to the new games market.

There you go. You're welcome.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I suppose its very well worth looking into. If its not a paper contract, or a legally binding one than really, it doesn't mean crap and DE could just say screw it and do what they want anyway. I'm very interested in seeing what kind of weasel lawyer worded this thing so I can try and find a loophole in it. Hopefully not a very good one lol.

Let it go, man. Just let it go.

Besides which, using Umbra as a sort of 'prosthetic Excalibur Prime' is the least interesting thing to do with it. You do realise that there are non-Founders, people who don't have Excal Prime, who aren't interested in Excal Prime, who don't resent the exclusivity of Excal Prime, who have no strong feelings at all about it, but who are interested in Umbra as its own thing? People who don't want Umbra as a sort of consolation prize, but who think it's interesting for its own sake and for what DE might use it for in the setting?

22 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

giphy.gif

yes the concept of umbra in science points to such a concept

using to points of light a shaded region appears behind an object 

creating a umbra

250px-Kernschatten_und_Halbschatten.svg.

heres another thought though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbra_(World_of_Darkness)

Rebecca did say that steve went to a different dimention to get umbra......and wait, during the war within the queens mentioned something converging....could it be this different dimension/system where umbras are located?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

No! No more exclusivity! It just doesn't work. It only brings toxicity and bitterness. The only things that should remain exclusive are the item belonging to the true Founders!

"though i understand it was needed as the chinese players felt like they were being unfairly treated"

Are you actually serious? You think that is the reason they were given an exclusive Warframe? Wow. All console players globally felt like they've been treated unfairly, so what makes this random group of people in China so special? Nothing!

I agree exclusivity is unfair but China's community has been behind in the vast majority of content, i am a mr20 with 2000hrs xbox only player i get ur point but there r reasons for the current exclusivity

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Do those reasons look like this?

200.gif

I am a free 2 play player on warframe, if ur implying that exclusive content shouldn't cost real money i agree that there should b a free 2 play option but the developers still need cash to continue keeping warframe an amazing game, the best game available

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

I am a free 2 play player on warframe, if ur implying that exclusive content shouldn't cost real money i agree that there should b a free 2 play option but the developers still need cash to continue keeping warframe an amazing game, the best game available

No, I'm just referencing that China got exclusive stuff because its making DE some big cash and has nothing to do with them being founders, which is actually a good thing for us because DE has more money to update and fix warframe now.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Rebecca did say that steve went to a different dimention to get umbra......and wait, during the war within the queens mentioned something converging....could it be this different dimension/system where umbras are located?

dont know but was wondering what we could think on that

so if we take what rebecca said as a "hint" 

steve has gone to another dimension in search of umbra ...

maybe take that as 

umbra is from another dimension, or a parallel/paradox reality? 

and a convergence , a point in which things align/converge to a single point

could mean a physics event like a horizion of realities converge to a point (like void, limb, origion system?) (physical, spiritiual, astral) 

convergence definition

1. 1:  the act of converging and especially moving toward union or uniformity; especially :  coordinated movement of the two eyes so that the image of a single point is formed on corresponding retinal areas

2. 2:  the state or property of being convergent

3. 3:  independent development of similar characters (as of bodily structure of unrelated organisms or cultural traits) often associated with similarity of habits or environment

4. 4:  the merging of distinct technologies, industries, or devices into a unified whole

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

dont know but was wondering what we could think on that

so if we take what rebecca said as a "hint" 

steve has gone to another dimension in search of umbra ...

maybe take that as 

umbra is from another dimension, or a parallel/paradox reality? 

and a convergence , a point in which things align/converge to a single point

could mean a physics event like a horizion of realities converge to a point (like void, limb, origion system?) (physical, spiritiual, astral) 

convergence definition

1. 1:  the act of converging and especially moving toward union or uniformity; especially :  coordinated movement of the two eyes so that the image of a single point is formed on corresponding retinal areas

2. 2:  the state or property of being convergent

3. 3:  independent development of similar characters (as of bodily structure of unrelated organisms or cultural traits) often associated with similarity of habits or environment

4. 4:  the merging of distinct technologies, industries, or devices into a unified whole

Ive noticed that the devs sometimes give big details when they joke, so when you pulled up that info it made sense.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

I agree exclusivity is unfair but China's community has been behind in the vast majority of content.

So by your broken logic, being behind in updates somehow warrants an exclusive Warframe? You've contradicted yourself by saying you think exclusitivity unfair, when your previous post clearly shows evidence to the contrary.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

So by your broken logic, being behind in updates somehow warrants an exclusive Warframe? You've contradicted yourself by saying you think exclusitivity unfair, when your previous post clearly shows evidence to the contrary.

I just try not to read these replies anymore. 

19 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Ive noticed that the devs sometimes give big details when they joke, so when you pulled up that info it made sense.

ya now that you mention it ...

another dimension... we do jump through portals via tower sabotage so we know its possible to do that, and we pulled the moon from the void...

could the umbras be locked away like the moon was? and if so is the convergent zone the time we can now get to that area and unlock them? 

so many thoughts popping up on this ...

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ya now that you mention it ...

another dimension... we do jump through portals via tower sabotage so we know its possible to do that, and we pulled the moon from the void...

could the umbras be locked away like the moon was? and if so is the convergent zone the time we can now get to that area and unlock them? 

so many thoughts popping up on this ...

Though I'm not sure about how coding works but umbra was data mined to be in game a while back..so could that mean that we will only get him during the quest(if the quest is related to him(which i think it is)) if we only get one umbra this could also mabye hint about location. For Instance Maybe we will barely able to get umbra due to a dangerous location.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Though I'm not sure about how coding works but umbra was data mined to be in game a while back..so could that mean that we will only get him during the quest(if the quest is related to him(which i think it is)) if we only get one umbra this could also mabye hint about location. For Instance Maybe we will barely able to get umbra due to a dangerous location.

a good point, this location or quest would give us 1 umbra excal , similar to inaros giving us an inaros parst 

but i honestly dont think it should be plat purchasable and be a straight quest only, that way we all get one and thats it,  possibly lock it so we cant delete it ? 

I just wonder if he will be an enemy, or a boss turned ally? Maybe we will kill him and the lotus will sympathize with him and have us remake him. Or perhaps we will find his operator and convince him/her to switch sides. Or maybe he/she is a surviving Teno from the great war twisted and infused with dark power, and from so many years of destruction, and is literally operating the umbra from inside the unit. Cant wait. I like the idea of "shadow frames. Dont mind at all if there are a few variants of frames. im just going to keep picking the ones i want anyway. Nothing changes.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Atomsk-Caelum said:

I just wonder if he will be an enemy, or a boss turned ally? Maybe we will kill him and the lotus will sympathize with him and have us remake him. Or perhaps we will find his operator and convince him/her to switch sides. Or maybe he/she is a surviving Teno from the great war twisted and infused with dark power, and from so many years of destruction, and is literally operating the umbra from inside the unit. Cant wait. I like the idea of "shadow frames. Dont mind at all if there are a few variants of frames. im just going to keep picking the ones i want anyway. Nothing changes.

So many possibilities. I'm really crossing my fingers for U19, seeing as how the Devs said it would be equally as shocking as the Second Dream.

The only thing is, i feel like war frames are not necessarily good or light in the first place. I mean they kill anyone in their way just like the other spices/ races. orokin, sentient, dosnt matter they all kill each other for thier own purposes/survival, whatever. so i bet a shadow frame dosnt even mean "evil" or mad like the stalker. i bet its just different. Hell, maybe something happens to excalibur in some sort of void portal and he just emerges as umbra. different powers or stats/ weapons. Same mission.  

1 minute ago, (PS4)Atomsk-Caelum said:

The only thing is, i feel like war frames are not necessarily good or light in the first place. I mean they kill anyone in their way just like the other spices/ races. orokin, sentient, dosnt matter they all kill each other for thier own purposes/survival, whatever. so i bet a shadow frame dosnt even mean "evil" or mad like the stalker. i bet its just different. Hell, maybe something happens to excalibur in some sort of void portal and he just emerges as umbra. different powers or stats/ weapons. Same mission. 

the frames themselves are just puppets telepathically controlled by weird psychic humans called tenno. They're made from infested flesh and orokin technology. The decisions are made by distant operators. I think of Warframes kinda like human-scale mechs. You can tell this game is very anime inspired. I'd kill if they actually turned Warframe into a manga/anime someday.