Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

11 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

2975732-not+like+this+gif.gif

lol 

Spoiler

i actually got my hands on one randomly  durringshadow debt event (whiel waiting for acolyte to appear i did a moon mission)  >. <, my clan in chat were ticked they didnt join my random run xD

also 

http://www.strawpoll.me/10228903

55% voted to umbras release in u19 o. o..interesting 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

33 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Steve said it will not be as easy as "the blueprints' are in the game, go get it now". It will be somehow difficult to acquire the parts. 

Well, if that is the case, making it more challenging can be accomplished by making these antagonist Umbras a complete terrifying pain in the arse to defeat. Welcome to one-shot city, population: Your Face, whoever pulls their Sancti Tigris the fastest might not die.

I figure they'll be doing it correctly if within twelve hours there have been half a dozen different threads whining about getting spanked by the new enemies.

1 hour ago, Necrius said:

Guess what - Umbra frames are Sentients' attempt to counter Tenno. We'll fight them and defeat them and get their blueprints to use as our own.

They will also be the first "fat" warframes in the game. Diversity. Get ready for sumo excal umbra.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

So they'll add the background but not the actual frame that's been sitting on the shelf for ten months? Yea.....no. I don't think DE can pull any more troll moves with this anymore.

Anything is possible but if you think there's more keep on thinking that.

Just saying what we've been given so far and there isn't enough to claim that yes it's coming in 19, as originally stated. 

27 minutes ago, Naith said:

Anything is possible but if you think there's more keep on thinking that.

Just saying what we've been given so far and there isn't enough to claim that yes it's coming in 19, as originally stated. 

I never said that is was 100% confirmed we would get Umbra in U19. I said the behaviour of the Devs and the fact that The War Within is obviously going to be about the Tenno lore, strongly hints that Umbra might be in U19.

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well ... that is a possibility as the definition suggests they are dark versions... maybe our evil twins 

Umbra Warframes

• A darker side to the  Prime Warframes
• Lore connections : (Warped version of Warframes)
tumblr_inline_mk74xi0CfU1qz4rgp.gif

My guesstimate says it's probably going to be some offshoot of the Acolytes. 

So far, Shadow Stalker is the only one in his faction with a enhanced Warframe on the same tier with a Prime(Umbra body). The rest of the Acolytes might be foreshadowing for the rest of the Umbras. We kicked the Acolytes butts and then they come back stronger. This could tie in with DE saying the Acolytes will return as a permanent thing at a later date. It could also tie in for why Umbras will be a limited series, as in only a set amount of frames will have one.

You can hear some interesting things in the Acolyte's audio in reverse, if you listen carefully. It sounds like it would be relevant to a title like "The War Within".

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I never said that is was 100% confirmed we would get Umbra in U19. I said the behaviour of the Devs and the fact that The War Within is obviously going to be about the Tenno lore, strongly hints that Umbra might be in U19.

55% say u19 via the poll o.o 

-.- im personally one hoping for other umbras 

also side note

Spoiler

not sure if i mentioned this but the prologue and 1st page is up on my umbra unleashed comic

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

55% say u19 via the poll o.o 

-.- im personally one hoping for other umbras 

also side note

Reveal hidden contents

not sure if i mentioned this but the prologue and 1st page is up on my umbra unleashed comic

I'm surprised we got 55%. I was expecting something much lower. 

Congratulations on getting the first part of your comic completed.

9 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

My guesstimate says it's probably going to be some offshoot of the Acolytes. 

So far, Shadow Stalker is the only one in his faction with a enhanced Warframe on the same tier with a Prime(Umbra body). The rest of the Acolytes might be foreshadowing for the rest of the Umbras. We kicked the Acolytes butts and then they come back stronger. This could tie in with DE saying the Acolytes will return as a permanent thing at a later date. It could also tie in for why Umbras will be a limited series, as in only a set amount of frames will have one.

You can hear some interesting things in the Acolyte's audio in reverse, if you listen carefully. It sounds like it would be relevant to a title like "The War Within".

ya i had my suspicions on them , and i reviewed as many quotes from them as i could find, and it seems like a new story could be done from that context 

i wouldn't put it past de to try to reincorporate them or new incarnations , they were a fun adversary ..

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I'm surprised we got 55%. I was expecting something much lower. 

Congratulations on getting the first part of your comic completed.

well thats to the # last i checked 

and thanks , 2-3 will drop at the same time, hopefully its enjoyable 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I know but... We're going in circles here, so I'll just bring it back round again. The post I and the other person quoted was another person saying the dev's said Umbra would be coming in 19, the full release. We were saying there wasn't a confirmation of this claim.

Edited by Naith

1 minute ago, Naith said:

I know but... We're going in circles here. The post I and the other person quoted was a person saying the dev's said Umbra would be coming in 19, the full release. We were saying there wasn't a confirmation of this claim.

well that is accurate , know one has stated it specifically so its conjecture at this point not fact , but many are hoping 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Well, no one knew exactly what was coming in U18 and it can only go uphill from there. War Within will probably clear up whether or not the Warframes are sentient beings in there own right. I have a feeling that Umbra will be related to that.

Well...remember when the acolytes said "These children will not stop us from you" There are a

couole things we can get from this.

1.) the acolytes are not children

2.) when they speak to us and say these children are they speaking to our WARFRAMES, because they definitely are speaking to the operator

3.idk....the acolytes are a bunch of meanies

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Well...remember when the acolytes said "These children will not stop us from you" There are a

2.) when they speak to us and say these children are they speaking to our WARFRAMES, because they definitely are speaking to the operator

The Acolytes speech could be interpreted in many ways. From one perspective we could assume that they are talking to the Warframes themselves and not our Operators, from another it could simply be a cryptic meaning that the Tenno as a whole are slaves to other people i.e: Lotus, Syndicates and Colonies, but who knows.

The most popular theory is that they are Warframes who have 'broken free' of the Operator's control. But we will never know what the Acolytes truly represent until U19 comes out.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

"Well...remember when the acolytes said "These children will not stop us from you" "

well we the tenno operators are result of the  ...."name escapes me"...... incident which resulted in our ties to the void

concluding from this though i can see that the acolytes and maybe even the shadow do not view themselves as children , they were not "asleep or dreaming" but awake and aware.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Acolyte/Quotes

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

"Well...remember when the acolytes said "These children will not stop us from you" "

well we the tenno operators are result of the  ...."name escapes me"...... incident which resulted in our ties to the void

concluding from this though i can see that the acolytes and maybe even the shadow do not view themselves as children , they were not "asleep or dreaming" but awake and aware.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Acolyte/Quotes

I'm suggesting that they may be sentient WARFRAMES. Though they don't seem like us, even at our age we seem somewhat childish but the acolytes seem different.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

The Acolytes speech could be interpreted in many ways. From one perspective we could assume that they are talking to the Warframes themselves and not our Operators, from another it could simply be a cryptic meaning that the Tenno as a whole are slaves to other people i.e: Lotus, Syndicates and Colonies, but who knows.

The most popular theory is that they are Warframes who have 'broken free' of the Operator's control. But we will never know what the Acolytes truly represent until U19 comes out.

Yes but the quote I read can only be interpreted as talking to salad V or the operator. 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I'm suggesting that they may be sentient WARFRAMES. Though they don't seem like us, even at our age we seem somewhat childish but the acolytes seem different.

Ya i get your meaning, having sentient frames is just farfetched to me, but our own frame moved on its own in second dream 

i really need to right down that warframe development thheory i did a while back X_x 

im thinking there is something else behind them  , another puppet master  something to do with the executors (like ballas)

some quotes i think have some meaning

61dda9929b90fc8ea525959302e21c68.png  -meaning they dont see us as a current target 

VP3sNuJ.jpg -virtue? maybe not attacking orokin like we did?  

X2xiToL.jpg -executor type concepts, what if shadows were the hand of the executors like ballas? 

Warframe0003.jpg- wait....by their hands or ours? 

Warframe0007.jpg -i guess ours ?seems stalker ish to me