Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

This is to be expected, it allowed for them to easily trivialize the game with the least effort possible and be rewarded for it.

Also to be expected. I've talked to people that were really glad DE finally 'nerfed' those frames and some that are bitter about it.

I'm glad because it's a sign and first step for better changes/additions down the road.

I think they should make knockdown effect WARFRAMES less or get rid of enemies that one shot tanks frames.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im ok with knock down effects, but time to stand is a bit ...slow, i mean they are ninjas ... they should just flip back onto their feet or something 

tumblr_o4hrubgIt61udjgqvo1_400.gif

That's what I meant, I just didn't explain it well. I install hand spring on every one of my WARFRAMES because I now if I go down just one rocket from a bombard is instant death at high levels.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

waiting for umbra to turn out like bayonetta ( lore wise lol )

Reveal hidden contents

lol jk

I just watched the end of Bayonetta 2 by a Youtuber, and that story reminds me of how Umbra could be the the other side of balance. Prime and Umbra brings balance together.

A Loooong time ago, when sentients was no more than a word in Plutos description, I had an idea that they were our stolen brothers, and that eventually we would discover we were in fact,  the same: kin.

This idea evolved when I knew there was a blue star, and when I "saw" the starfish. My mind raced.

Biotechnology evolved into a new race, a new form of life. Where else can we see this? In our warframes. 

So my mind gave me a new spin. The Umbra is a sentient warframe.

Both were born from technocyte, a microscopic technology that enables evolution,  adaptation and agression.

I know that this is most likely wrong,  but where there is light there must be dark.

12 minutes ago, arch111 said:

A Loooong time ago, when sentients was no more than a word in Plutos description, I had an idea that they were our stolen brothers, and that eventually we would discover we were in fact,  the same: kin.

This idea evolved when I knew there was a blue star, and when I "saw" the starfish. My mind raced.

Biotechnology evolved into a new race, a new form of life. Where else can we see this? In our warframes. 

So my mind gave me a new spin. The Umbra is a sentient warframe.

Both were born from technocyte, a microscopic technology that enables evolution,  adaptation and agression.

I know that this is most likely wrong,  but where there is light there must be dark.

well sentient tech is orokin technically as they were those ones who made it (balas and its initial creator are two that come to mind)  , they would have the capability to utilize it and implore it in warframe design 

many have made reference to chroma in that regard. #chromaumbra # blackdragon? 

in all honesty the nature of umbras and their creation may have a darker side then we could imagine  

This is so boring. I hope DE has a release date for The War Within this Devstream. They're developing the 18.13 update for consoles, but I don't really care about that update. I don't anybody think does, they'd much rather have 19. I'm almost certain Umbra will be part of 19.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

48 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

This is so boring. I hope DE has a release date for The War Within this Devstream. They're developing the 18.13 update for consoles, but I don't really care about that update. I don't anybody think does, they'd much rather have 19. I'm almost certain Umbra will be part of 19.

possible ...  u19 is a two part update 

but rathum acid shells : sobek and vulcan : jat mods are great for scaling  into endgame rounds 

I'm not too interested in building these weapons again just to throw these mods on. I can understand having weapon-specific mods for conclave, but I kinda feel like it has no place in PVE. I'll participate in the event for the fun of it and maybe to collect and resell the mods later when they build up in price, but otherwise I have no investment in the Rathuum event. I like the new Kela De Thaym. She's not just a boring, easy-to-kill, Grineer jibberish-spewing babyface anymore.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I'm not too interested in building these weapons again just to throw these mods on. I can understand having weapon-specific mods for conclave, but I kinda feel like it has no place in PVE. I'll participate in the event for the fun of it and maybe to collect and resell the mods later when they build up in price, but otherwise I have no investment in the Rathuum event. I like the new Kela De Thaym. She's not just a boring, easy-to-kill, Grineer jibberish-spewing babyface anymore.

I want those mods myself for testing purposes honestly (and to collect) 

the new kela model is very nice and im looking forward to it ^. ^ 

that scale factor is going to be my main focus, but the main point is youd need to kill an enemy to make it work which on sobek ...meh 

on jat kinda makes sense 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Is umbra coming in u19? Does anyone know?

Nobody but DE knows, and I'm pretty sure they are not giving us the answer. (Btw, waiting for the next big update is starting to be boring af it's been about 6 months without one, while on the other hand the road to 11 months waiting for umbra has already started. Hopefully both of these come together and are worth the patience)

6 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Nobody but DE knows, and I'm pretty sure they are not giving us the answer. (Btw, waiting for the next big update is starting to be boring af it's been about 6 months without one, while on the other hand the road to 11 months waiting for umbra has already started. Hopefully both of these come together and are worth the patience)

wouldn't it be ironic if it came out exactly a year after he was leaked in the first place?