Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

See also my edited message. I want to see Umbra implemented.....just, not in a way which would be bad for the game. Forcing Umbra into everyone's Orbiter would be bad for the game. Making Umbra massively overpowered would be bad for the game.

1. Don't Agreed

*Umbra glares at you from across the orbiter*

2. Agreed 

7 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

?

8 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You see, that's the part which people fail to understand, over and over and over again.

I am deeply interested in Umbra. I am fascinated by the idea of what kinds of insight into the setting can be carried into the game with it. I like the notion that it might shake up some of our perceptions of how things work. I am interested in Umbra.

I'm just not hyped for Umbra, and when people who have hype come into contact with people who don't, the people with hype tend to interpret lack of hype as being actively against it. Do you understand now?

I want to see Umbra implemented.

I just don't want to see it rushed into the game as a meaningless skin. I don't want to see it implemented in a way which would be bad for the rest of the game, i.e. as some hideously overpowered thing that wrecks the game's already somewhat shaky balance. I don't want to see it implemented in a way which is shallow and annoying, i.e. "Heeeeere's Umbra! The coolest thing in the Universe! Have you all got hype?!"

i do not see you as having a lack of hype , as you are actively participating and keeping your ear to the ground

its more that you bring into light counter topics which are geared to be seen in a negative intent

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
typo

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

See also my edited message. I want to see Umbra implemented.....just, not in a way which would be bad for the game. Forcing Umbra into everyone's Orbiter would be bad for the game. Making Umbra massively overpowered would be bad for the game.

true points there. but after reading through the beginning of this ridiculously long thread it seems clear to me that in the beginning everyone seemed to want it purely for looks. i'm still new to fashionframe but i can see the appeal. umbra does look pretty good. if only i'd had enough money to purchase that glowing syandana seen in the video :'(

i'm not claiming to be an expert on this but it seems a lot of people here wanted it to just be put in immediately at the start. haven't seen anybody requesting this guy be made op. but i still have 175 pages left to go xD

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

Just now, LorianTheElderPrince said:

true points there. but after reading through the beginning of this ridiculously long thread it seems clear to me that in the beginning everyone seemed to want it purely for looks. i'm still new to fashionframe but i can see the appeal. umbra does look pretty good. if only i'd had enough money to purchase that glowing syandana seen in the video :'(

i'm not claiming to be an expert but it seems a lot of people here wanted it to just be put in immediately at the start.

From what I understand we will be able to color Umbra which is actually pretty big of a hint about it lore wise.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Hmmmm....I've been around the block a few times and in a way you do seem against the part of it that many want and you may or may not even care about Umbra. 

*writes notes down on doctors clipboard* What else are you supposed to do during a physiological evaluation?

'Psychological'

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

1. Don't Agreed

*Umbra glares at you from across the orbiter*

2. Agreed 

You do understand, right, that not everyone is actually interested in Umbra? Really. It's basically a vocal somewhat-minority who insist that Umbra is the coolest thing ever.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You do understand, right, that not everyone is actually interested in Umbra? Really. It's basically a vocal somewhat-minority who insist that Umbra is the coolest thing ever.

see this is the negative tone you project in your comments. this right here makes it seem like you're just like 'meh umbra ain't that great' not saying you are saying that its just the impression you're giving off dude

6 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

i'm not claiming to be an expert but it seems a lot of people here wanted it to just be put in immediately at the start.

pretty much, the lore and mechanics to be added has us all sitting back and wondering what it could mean, change, alter?

i think many of us viewed our frames in a different light before the operator, if umbra is to change that view further for good or bad it will change it in how we perceive them 

18 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Basically, the Orbiter is the player character's home. There's no need for Umbra to be installed there, and I for one would not like it in the slightest.

I agree with this, I'd rathergive Umbra(s) a slot in my arsenal over a space inmy ship. Having him walking around and eventually see him "work" in the foundry or mods thingy, listening to the "radio" or even talking to us would be, imo, annoying. Said that, I'd hate it if, after a year of waiting (happy birthday changyou faq thread) Umbra gets to be released as a NPC or with a similar system to specters. On the other side that vision could work to give us some amazing battles, which somehow reminds me of some fun boss battles from the ps2 game Õkami. 

So finally I don't know how to feel about that idea :/

see this is the negative tone you project in your comments. this right here makes it seem like your just like 'meh umbra ain't that great'

Bear in mind that I'm debating this with folks who genuinely seem to want a huge chunk of everyone's Orbiter dedicated to a 'frame that not everyone wants. 

Seriously. Please take a look back over this. I am attempting to point out to the people in this thread that not everyone in the game is super hyped for Umbra or wants to dedicate an entire room of their Orbiter to it. That is being interpreted as being negative about the whole idea of Umbra. Please try to accept that it really, truly is the case that a lot of players aren't interested, and should not be forced to have a section of their core gameplay, their player character's home base, dedicated to this thing.

I am interested in Umbra, and if it's a 'frame which can be acquired, then I'll definitely go get one! I just don't want it shoved down my throat and installed into a part of my Orbiter which could be used for other things, regardless of my wishes.

I'm just going to return to this point, and wait patiently to see if someone will acknowledge it: It is possible to be interested in Umbra, while still thinking that dedicating an entire room of the Orbiter to it is a bad idea and is going too far. In addition to this, not everyone in the game is super hyped for Umbra. Making it so that a huge part of everyone's player experience is dedicated to something which not everyone wants is going a bit far.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

pretty much, the lore and mechanics to be added has us all sitting back and wondering what it could mean, change, alter?

i think many of us viewed our frames in a different light before the operator, if umbra is to change that view further for good or bad it will change it in how we perceive them 

i only joined this game like a few months ago so i don't really know much of the lore here, but from what i can tell is that we're teens controlling flesh puppets kind of like avatar and that we got powers from this weird space place called the void. that's pretty much what i've learnt atm. am i wrong?

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Bear in mind that I'm debating this with folks who genuinely seem to want a huge chunk of everyone's Orbiter dedicated to a 'frame that not everyone wants. 

Seriously. Please take a look back over this. I am attempting to point out to the people in this thread that not everyone in the game is super hyped for Umbra or wants to dedicate an entire room of their Orbiter to it. That is being interpreted as being negative about the whole idea of Umbra. Please try to accept that it really, truly is the case that a lot of players aren't interested, and should not be forced to have a section of their core gameplay, their player character's home base, dedicated to this thing.

I am interested in Umbra, and if it's a 'frame which can be acquired, then I'll definitely go get one! I just don't want it shoved down my throat and installed into a part of my Orbiter which could be used for other things, regardless of my wishes.

I'm just going to return to this point, and wait patiently to see if someone will acknowledge it: It is possible to be interested in Umbra, while still thinking that dedicating an entire room of the Orbiter to it is a bad idea and is going too far. In addition to this, not everyone in the game is super hyped for Umbra. Making it so that a huge part of everyone's player experience is dedicated to something which not everyone wants is going a bit far.

in all honesty weve barely see much of it .....

8O5FTr6.gif

tumblr_nj8g40rMeb1rneb55o2_1280.jpg

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

fine fair enough. i personally wouldn't mind an npc frame somewhere in my orbiter doing its own thing. it'd add a bit more life to the place imo. i do agree with the sentiment that other peoples preferences shouldn't be forced down other peoples throats. like people who want to nerf everything

8O5FTr6.gif

tumblr_nj8g40rMeb1rneb55o2_1280.jpg

holy crap that's our ship?

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Right, but I can think of several different rooms, right off the top of my head,  which I would be far more interested in having aboard my Orbiter before I'd want a room dedicated solely to Umbra.

- Meditative garden.

- Rifle range.

- Physical therapy room for the Operator.

- A more comfortable, pseudo-natural habitat for Kubrows and Kavats.

3 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

i only joined this game like a few months ago so i don't really know much of the lore here, but from what i can tell is that we're teens controlling flesh puppets kind of like avatar and that we got powers from this weird space place called the void. that's pretty much what i've learnt atm. am i wrong?

basically 

there are other lore that bring into question if this was deliberate or accidental. we are not sure if the flesh puppets are dolls or "alive" because the second dreams end the frame breaks war while operators unconscious. so that  brings in new questions on the frames themselves

fine fair enough. i personally wouldn't mind an npc frame somewhere in my orbiter doing its own thing. it'd add a bit more life to the place imo.

holy crap that's our ship?

yes 

tumblr_nj8g40rMeb1rneb55o3_1280.jpg

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Right, but I can think of several different rooms, right off the top of my head,  which I would be far more interested in having aboard my Orbiter before I'd want a room dedicated solely to Umbra.

- Meditative garden.

- Rifle range.

the kavat one seems like whats on the one side already ...

garden seems cool (needs koi/fish/?)

rifle range would be nice or a simulator link up ....

dont see why on the PE part..but the new war within shows one in snow ..so may have a point 

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

- Meditative garden.

- Rifle range.

um for option one we have dojos. option two we have the similacrum (can't spell it) the third is just pointless as we're not here to watch our operator doing cardio and the fourth is kind of unnecessary as well. since the ship is that big i'm sure a room for umbra can be added without it getting in anyones way. didn't de say that theinfested side doors would open in U19?

basically 

there are other lore that bring into question if this was deliberate or accidental. we are not sure if the flesh puppets are dolls or "alive" because the second dreams end the frame breaks war while operators unconscious. so that  brings in new questions on the frames themselves

ah. this games lore is real interesting. almost as interesting as dark souls lol

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the kavat one seems like whats on the one side already ...

garden seems cool (needs koi/fish/?)

rifle range would be nice or a simulator link up ....

dont see why on the PE part..but the new war within shows one in snow ..so may have a point 

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Please.

If, when we get access to the lower decks, it is an option to rebuild the section below and choose what to do with rooms, that's fine, and cool, and peeps should definitely do it if they want to. However, it is perfectly possible to think that Excalibur Umbra is a pretty neat Warframe, and to want to pilot it, without wanting DE to effectively say to the players "Hey, we heard you thought Excal Umbra was cool, so we installed it permanently into all of your Orbiters. Have fun."

Basically, it is fine to think that Umbra is a really cool Warframe. It is kinda not fine to think that it should be mandatory for everyone to be super hyped for Umbra and that it should be a core part of everyone's game.

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Please.

If, when we get access to the lower decks, it is an option to rebuild the section below and choose what to do with rooms, that's fine, and cool, and peeps should definitely do it if they want to. However, it is perfectly possible to think that Excalibur Umbra is a pretty neat Warframe, and to want to pilot it, without wanting DE to effectively say to the players "Hey, we heard you thought Excal Umbra was cool, so we installed it permanently into all of your Orbiters. Have fun."

Basically, it is fine to think that Umbra is a really cool Warframe. It is kinda not fine to think that it should be mandatory for everyone to be super hyped for Umbra and that it should be a core part of everyone's game.

but wouldn't it be cool if when we get more umbras they all hang out in that one space, doing there own stuff until we eventually use one of them? like loki umbra, frost umbra or maybe even nezha umbra. hanging out in a cool room separated from the rest. i mean just because we have one room dedicated to umbras doesn't mean the whole ship has been taken up by it right. i never even knew it was that big. it's basically the same with what you suggested with pets. "hey we heard some of you guys like pets so we're going to shove a room full of kavats and kuborws in your face". not saying i would hate that but you've undermined your own point by saying you don't want something that you personally don't like shoved in your face, but you do want a different thing shoved in your face.

but wouldn't it be cool if when we get more umbras they all hang out in that one space, doing there own stuff until we eventually use one of them? like loki umbra, frost umbra or maybe even nezha umbra.

I feel like you are now deliberately not listening.

If your counter-argument starts with the premise "But Umbra is cool...." then stop, pull back, and please try to think about this from outside of your own perspective. I am going to repeat myself: Not every player in the game thinks that Umbra is the coolest Warframe and needs to be a core part of everyone's experience.

Please. try again.

Oh, and just so that we can avoid the last two pages' misunderstandings: Yeah, I do think Umbra is a pretty neat Warframe, and would be very interested in both piloting it, and seeing what lore insights it brings with it. No, I'm not just randomly dumping on Umbra and saying "STOP HAVING FUN YOU GUYS."
      I am trying to get through to you that not everyone wants Umbra just automatically installed in their Orbiter, and that that is a perfectly ok preference. 

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I feel like you are now deliberately not listening.

If your counter-argument starts with the premise "But Umbra is cool...." then stop, pull back, and please try to think about this from outside of your own perspective. I am going to repeat myself: Not every player in the game thinks that Umbra is the coolest Warframe and needs to be a core part of everyone's experience.

Please. try again.

i'm saying it would be cool to see a room full of sentient warframes whether it be umbra or the normal ones. idc i just want to see my frost walking around my liset.

not everyone wants kavats and kubrows to be a core part of their experience either mate.

i'm saying it would be cool to see a room full of sentient warframes whether it be umbra or the normal ones. idc i just want to see my frost walking around my liset.

not everyone wants kavats and kubrows to be a core part of their experience either mate.

Yeah, which is why if you look back at my suggestion? It's that players should be able to choose how they allocate the chambers of the lower deck. Here, please take a look at what I actually wrote: "If, when we get access to the lower decks, it is an option to rebuild the section below and choose what to do with rooms, that's fine, and cool, and peeps should definitely do it if they want to."

When it's come up in the past, I've actually made a similar suggestion regarding the Operator physical therapy room: If you want to build it, then you choose to build it, at the cost of some resources, credits, and probably a Forma. Building it means that your Operator regenerates and becomes the default body for walking around the Orbiter.

See? Choice.

Similarly, no-one is forced to breed Kubrows or Kavats. 

Choice.

You get what I am saying, right?

Look, this is going to sound a little patronising, but I have to ask: you do get that it is possible for someone to disagree with you, right? Not just to misunderstand you, or for them to fail to realise how cool it would be? That people can fully understand you, can see exactly what you mean, and can still think it's a bad idea for their own reasons? And that the best way to resolve disagreements like this between players is to not force one player's preferences on others?

Edited by BornWithTeeth

43 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah, which is why if you look back at my suggestion? It's that players should be able to choose how they allocate the chambers of the lower deck. Here, please take a look at what I actually wrote: "If, when we get access to the lower decks, it is an option to rebuild the section below and choose what to do with rooms, that's fine, and cool, and peeps should definitely do it if they want to."

When it's come up in the past, I've actually made a similar suggestion regarding the Operator physical therapy room: If you want to build it, then you choose to build it, at the cost of some resources, credits, and probably a Forma. Building it means that your Operator regenerates and becomes the default body for walking around the Orbiter.

See? Choice.

Similarly, no-one is forced to breed Kubrows or Kavats. 

Choice.

You get what I am saying, right?

Look, this is going to sound a little patronising, but I have to ask: you do get that it is possible for someone to disagree with you, right? Not just to misunderstand you, or for them to fail to realise how cool it would be? That people can fully understand you, can see exactly what you mean, and can still think it's a bad idea for their own reasons? And that the best way to resolve disagreements like this between players is to not force one player's preferences on others?

I'm just sharing my opinion. no one has to agree with it that is why it is an opinion.

youre right it would be a good idea for them to implement a dojo-like customisation system into the ship. there's plenty of room anyway.

im not forcing anything on anyone I never said "hey you guys should like this!" I'm just saying my piece. 

yea I do know people can disagree with me thanks. I'm not specifically asking them to agree with me.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

'Psychological'

I swear I'm a real doctor!!!*shows forged degree* 

Yes, the vocal people are the minority but you underestimate those who want Umbra insanely badly but just aren't vocal about it it's like an Umbra club kinda, people pm asking about Umbra all the time. I still don't understand why they never talk about him but in secret though.

11 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

I'm just sharing my opinion. no one has to agree with it that is why it is an opinion.

youre right it would be a good idea for them to implement a dojo-like customisation system into the ship. there's plenty of room anyway.

im not forcing anything on anyone I never said "hey you guys should like this!" I'm just saying my piece. 

yea I do know people can disagree with me thanks. I'm not specifically asking them to agree with me.

The sassyness level is OVER 9000!!!! No but seriously Your not making anyone agree with you and I can see that. I'm defending you because I hate when people shove word in my mouth so I'm guessing you aren't to happy right now either.