The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

There is a system of obtaining primes, maybe how you obtain Umbra is what they mean by Umbra system?

good point. and as with the new star chart the void will go away and be available in other tilesets then , possibly gives us new ways to get prime or umbra 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

one did theorize possibly in summer with a developed system and cinematic quest 

Which would be awesome. Seriously, it's just a few months. If it comes out in the summer, then it will have been one year since Umbra's existence was discovered. One year from the initial discovery to a full cinematic quest with an accompanying sub system would be alright.

thats my opinion as well 

it would be well worth the wait 

Which would be awesome. Seriously, it's just a few months. If it comes out in the summer, then it will have been one year since Umbra's existence was discovered. One year from the initial discovery to a full cinematic quest with an accompanying sub system would be alright.

What if to get Excalibur Umbra you have to sacrifice Rank 30 Excalibur in a way or quest or whatever.

And also. Why the reservoir drove stalker to madness is because stalker was one of the old warframe or the first as for excalibur , it was mentioned in excalibur codex they made a frame around their body to wear as a suit, which is confuses Stalker, probably as far as he remember his body is inside the frame and how it was originally how it supposed to be (because he never heard such thing as Transference before maybe )

As for us, lotus studied the Transference and thus the possibility of us to use any warframe wheter its the first one or the last one, and also male or female warframe.

Edited by Kyouzuka

I really hope we don't have to wait all the way til summer, especially since Steve was theorizing 2 months and it already been like a month and a half since he said that. Guess well have to find out next devstream which should be soon.

Just a small correction, it's a month exactly, not a month and a half.

The 2 months guessing was made in the first week of January.

What if to get Excalibur Umbra you have to sacrifice Rank 30 Excalibur in a way or quest or whatever.

And also. Why the reservoir drove stalker to madness is because stalker was one of the old warframe or the first as for excalibur , it was mentioned in excalibur codex they made a frame around their body to wear as a suit, which is confuses Stalker, probably as far as he remember his body is inside the frame (because he never heard such thing as Transference before maybe )

doesn't the codex say "built around them" not "built to encase their body"? There's a lot of room to interpret. It could be that the first frames were built around their personalities and skills, not literally surrounding their body.

And also. Why the reservoir drove stalker to madness is because stalker was one of the old warframe or the first as for excalibur , it was mentioned in excalibur codex they made a frame around their body to wear as a suit, which is confuses Stalker, probably as far as he remember his body is inside the frame (because he never heard such thing as Transference before maybe )

I don't like the whole sacrifice idea at all. First off, I collect my frames so I wanna keep the original. Second, what if you dumped like several forms into the original and still want him to use for big things til the umbra ones multi-formaed. No sacrifice nonsense

I don't like the whole sacrifice idea at all. First off, I collect my frames so I wanna keep the original. Second, what if you dumped like several forms into the original and still want him to use for big things til the umbra ones multi-formaed. No sacrifice nonsense

well everything from your old exca is transferred and you didnt loose anything except you go back into Unranked Excalibur Umbra

After Second Dream, I destroyed my original Excalibur, my starter Warframe. You see, it was the only Warframe onboard my orbiter whose construction I had not personally overseen. I had no idea what kinds of traps or killswitches were left in it.

I hunted Ambulas for forty-five minutes to gather the blueprints, and I built another Excalibur, one which I knew would be clean, not bugged or rigged by the Orokin.

Not joking either, I actually did this.

well everything from your old exca is transferred and you didnt loose anything except you go back into Unranked Excalibur Umbra

i still would wanna keep the frame of the original. I'm ok with using guns to build other guns (as much as I hate regetting old guns to build new ones after I threw them away long ago) but I don't like the whole build a frame with a frame thing. Also, that means for anyone that didn't have an Excalibur, they gotta go get him first. No thanks.

doesn't the codex say "built around them" not "built to encase their body"? There's a lot of room to interpret. It could be that the first frames were built around their personalities and skills, not literally surrounding their body.

when theorizing the concepts of warframe development i made this theory a few weeks back

as infested are derived from living creatures infected with tennocyite 

it shadows the concept that the warframes were derived from cells of people and/or creatures, which are genetically modified for combat potential and re-engineer to suit the powers that emerged from testing and gene manipulation by orokin.

basic example:

if a orokin(human) girl was infected and started mutating into an infested,but during this process she began showing signs of  pyrokinesis. 

if then the orokin extract some genetics from the host subject of this power (ie the infected girl) and were able to isolate the strain. with their advanced technology they could then begin re-engineering it to have maximum potential for this power and design a system to use it without harming the living tissue.(ie genetic burnout or degradation of tissue after use, like the grineer clone issue)

if the orokin then create a functioning base cell and stimulate growth, while its growing, then sculpt and alter it at specific points to adapt the new cell structure to formed from the cell(s) into humanoid framework (aka similar to human/orokin base body ) then develope a technique to weaponize the power into a system that a tenno can connect and use within the dream state

once the cell structure is fully developed into a humanoid form, grown around a frame system and neural link that then can be piloted by the tenno.

if we follow the premise of building a warframe in game

the helm/head  houses a control system for tenno connection via dream state 

the systems house the nerve wiring so that its powers can function and be effectively wielded by a tenno, as well as control  the bodys basic movement functions. this is theoretically the frame that the cell culture is grown and molded around

the chassis is the armor developed to house the flesh derived from the cells from the elements and any possible harm that can be caused by its own powers. this is the exterior and internal armoring of the frame.

from this example the orokin could have derived Ember prime

please note this is a theoretical example 

this just in, trinity prime pack ends January 9th, which means saryn prime is likely coming the 16th.

i think i commented that somewhere earlier last week  

when theorizing the concepts of warframe development i made this theory a few weeks back

as infested are derived from living creatures infected with tennocyite 

it shadows the concept that the warframes were derived from cells of people and/or creatures, which are genetically modified for combat potential and re-engineer to suit the powers that emerged from testing and gene manipulation by orokin.

basic example:

if a orokin(human) girl was infected and started mutating into an infested,but during this process she began showing signs of  pyrokinesis. 

if then the orokin extract some genetics from the host subject of this power (ie the infected girl) and were able to isolate the strain. with their advanced technology they could then begin re-engineering it to have maximum potential for this power and design a system to use it without harming the living tissue.(ie genetic burnout or degradation of tissue after use, like the grineer clone issue)

if the orokin then create a functioning base cell and stimulate growth, while its growing, then sculpt and alter it at specific points to adapt the new cell structure to formed from the cell(s) into humanoid framework (aka similar to human/orokin base body ) then develope a technique to weaponize the power into a system that a tenno can connect and use within the dream state

once the cell structure is fully developed into a humanoid form, grown around a frame system and neural link that then can be piloted by the tenno.

if we follow the premise of building a warframe in game

the helm/head  houses a control system for tenno connection via dream state 

the systems house the nerve wiring so that its powers can function and be effectively wielded by a tenno, as well as control  the bodys basic movement functions. this is theoretically the frame that the cell culture is grown and molded around

the chassis is the armor developed to house the flesh derived from the cells from the elements and any possible harm that can be caused by its own powers. this is the exterior and internal armoring of the frame.

from this example the orokin could have derived Ember prime

please note this is a theoretical example 

i think i commented that somewhere earlier last week  

it was just announced so up til now that was just speculation.