The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

I'm starting to seriously think that the Chinese bosses are the only wall between us and excal Umbra, being that the reason why steve would be so upset to even work on it and leaving it under the table all this time.

I doubt it. I'm sure they really want to release it. I'm very frustrated that we still don't have any information, and that almost 10 months later he's not out......I cri

14 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I doubt it. I'm sure they really want to release it. I'm very frustrated that we still don't have any information, and that almost 10 months later he's not out......I cri

If "they really want to release him", then why haven't they done anything yet to do it? They've given a lot of releases and sent a lot of excuses to not to do it while showing no effort nor progress on umbra during the last 9 months, so saying "we just want to release him, but.. " is just to keep us calm while doing whatever else.

1 minute ago, -----LegioN----- said:

If "they really want to release him", then why haven't they done anything yet to do it? They've given a lot of releases and sent a lot of excuses to not to do it while showing no effort nor progress on umbra during the last 9 months, so saying "we just want to release him, but.. " is just to keep us calm while doing whatever else.

I really have no idea. I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of this, and I know that's a stupid thing to say but this has been dragged out for so long with just little to no information given out I'm just really disappointed tbh

50 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

46 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I really have no idea. I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of this, and I know that's a stupid thing to say but this has been dragged out for so long with just little to no information given out I'm just really disappointed tbh

The only info about why he has been delayed or hasn't been released is because they don't want to just release him just like that, they want to incorporate like a quest or story with him which is understandable I wouldn't mind a story with Umbra and where they came from.  Best hopes for next devstream for words on Umbra.

30 minutes ago, .The_Stalker. said:

The only info about why he has been delayed or hasn't been released is because they don't want to just release him just like that, they want to incorporate like a quest or story with him which is understandable I wouldn't mind a story with Umbra and where they came from.  Best hopes for next devstream for words on Umbra.

The second dream is amazing, Inaros has his own quest, saryn prime has a pretty good lore video, a huge visual overhaul was released, kavats, rapier, and many other stuff has been released in a special way for both, lore and gameplay. Most of them have been amazing additions, but not having given a single step on Umbra, after these 8-9 months (I could have had a son while waiting for umbra) and keep saying its because they want him to be special is simply disappointing.

36 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well they did say 

"steve was sent to another dimension in search of umbra"

lets all pray for his journey 

Mabye that's a hint to the new quest. Omg crazy theory time. What if that's a hint to Steve testing the new quest. What ifs the new quest involves going to a different dimension to get unbra. The only place in game currently that can be classified as a different dimension is the time portals in the moon so mabye....

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well they did say 

"steve was sent to another dimension in search of umbra"

lets all pray for his journey 

That's way better. I couldn't see the devstream, and overview said "there has been no change on umbras". 

53 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Mabye that's a hint to the new quest. Omg crazy theory time. What if that's a hint to Steve testing the new quest. What ifs the new quest involves going to a different dimension to get unbra. The only place in game currently that can be classified as a different dimension is the time portals in the moon so mabye....

What about the rift? It also could be a quest explaining more about the void, tau, or even include a new planet hidden in a brand new dimension.

48 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

What about the rift? It also could be a quest explaining more about the void, tau, or even include a new planet hidden in a brand new dimension.

All of those places are possible...I was just to lazy to mention them, though the void is a big on. The rift seems unlikely but mabye tau...

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

so as far as we know at this point, umbra is likely not coming with u19

so maybe u20

personally i would like to believe that DE has spent all this time developing some form of coherent lore around the entire umbra concept and they dont intend to just release umbra excal but potentially umbra versions of at least all of the current prime frames , or at least the original 8 frames 

truly sad that DE taken a huge step backwards in recent years regarding the behind the scenes stuff =/

34 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

so maybe u20

personally i would like to believe that DE has spent all this time developing some form of coherent lore around the entire umbra concept and they dont intend to just release umbra excal but potentially umbra versions of at least all of the current prime frames , or at least the original 8 frames 

truly sad that DE taken a huge step backwards in recent years regarding the behind the scenes stuff =/

You sure bout that U19 sounds like umbra. By then again U18.5 was "supposed" to be umbra a time as well.

1 hour ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

so maybe u20

I'm still hoping for a 19 release, I'm starting to get worried we may not see him until well after :(

4 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

That's way better. I couldn't see the devstream, and overview said "there has been no change on umbras". 

That's actually appropriate, you should maybe watch the first 5 minutes, as the "Steve sent to look for info on Umbra" was simply a joke to introduce the serious question Rebecca made and Scott's answer was very, very annoyed, he literally asked her to stop asking about Umbra. 

I always thought Steve's eyes were saying the same while he was politely speaking about the matter, Scott simply voiced it. 

So yea, you maybe should watch it, I don't feel it was "way better". 

Edited by siralextraffo

So I been thinking, It is highly unlikely that we will hear anything regarding Umbra untill at least PAX or Tennocon.  If you think about it from a marketing perspective either of those venues would serve as a great reveal for the impending Umbra system announcement or whatever it will end up being.

33 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

That's actually appropriate, you should maybe watch the first 5 minutes, as the "Steve sent to look for info on Umbra" was simply a joke to introduce the serious question Rebecca made and Scott's answer was very, very annoyed, he literally asked her to stop asking about Umbra. 

I always thought Steve's eyes were saying the same while he was politely speaking about the matter, Scott simply voiced it. 

So yea, you maybe should watch it, I don't feel it was "way better". 

Thanks. After watching that part of the devstream by myself it only made disappointment come back when Scott was telling Rebecca to stop asking about Umbra even tough she's the one in an uncomfortable position between us, asking for info related and them no having info to give us but "nothing has been done here on these 8-9 months, stop asking about it and let's go to next topic".

She clearly said that Steve had been sent to another dimension to look for info on umbra only to put the topic on the table, so there's no hidden hint there.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

2 minutes ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

I don't think Umbra is coming at this point and that may be why they are worried and don't want to speak to much on it because of the reaction from the community.

Umbra will be fail. I don`t think what EU stats will be better then EP stats.