The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

the whole reason it took long was because they had no idea how they wanted to introduce the Umbras. I suppose now that they know what they're doing with Excalibur, it shouldn't take any other Umbras nearly as long after they're announced to release them.

once they figure it out it should be smoother/quicker for other umbra implementations 

24 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Welp. 

Train+crash+test_4feb3f_5327427.gif

i thought as much myself

1 minute ago, Ellthan said:

Oh yeah I had forgoten about this. When founders to go console they lose excal prime.

Why was this done again?

implementation of code to console would require them to put it into the game.

they did not, so even transferring over to console. it literally is not in the code so it cant be used.

41 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Just to clear up confusion and misinformation, those images are photoshopped. Taken from the Chinese version of the game with the global build title, build and login overlayed.

And those screenshots really aren't high quality to begin with.

Well then..

Now is he telling the truth?, or is this to keep the Umbra all "Hush Hush"

36 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

the whole reason it took long was because they had no idea how they wanted to introduce the Umbras. I suppose now that they know what they're doing with Excalibur, it shouldn't take any other Umbras nearly as long after they're announced to release them.

Please...

If Umbra does not come out BEFORE or IN U19, Then this statement right here, is going to be LAUGHED at 

10 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Please...

If Umbra does not come out BEFORE or IN U19, Then this statement right here, is going to be LAUGHED at 

I'm going off what DE says. Yeah they also said back in like October that they we're aiming for releasing him at the end of the year. What I said still has truth behind it even if for sooner or later.

My doubts about U19 are that it's going to be pretty huge, it was clearly planned months before and started to be worked on past U18,  with few things even during U18 development. 

Now, if Excalibur Umbra was meant to be the main feature, first of all the development status upgrades would have been not something like "no progress yet", "we have an idea but it's just an idea at the moment", "we have a tons more stuff coming, we haven't worked on Umbra yet", "we might just end up releasing him like that". 

I mean, pretty weird statements for a major update central content, right? 

Second, the 2 months guess Steve made on January was clearly not referring to U19,  no way at all. 

So yea, I honestly doubt it'll be the major U19 content, central role in the new quest and everything like we're all hoping. 

55 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

So yea, I honestly doubt it'll be the major U19 content, central role in the new quest and everything like we're all hoping. 

If thats not the case, then there is going to be a huge storm, we have waited far too long and my comment will be RIGHT, with no doutes or augments about it, like I said to Xbone Toothless, the comment he made will just be laughed at,

Far to meny white knights lately, if Umbra does NOT come out before U19 or IN U19, then DE's last comment on wanting it to be super cool omg "LORE!", is just another excuse.   

Edited by LegionCynex

17 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

If thats not the case, then there is going to be a huge storm, we have waited far too long and my comment will be RIGHT, with no doutes or augments about it, like I said to Xbone Toothless, the comment he made will just be laughed at,

Far to meny white knights lately, if Umbra does NOT come out before U19 or IN U19, then DE's last comment on wanting it to be super cool omg "LORE!", is just another excuse.   

It's been an excuse they've used for months.

5 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

My doubts about U19 are that it's going to be pretty huge, it was clearly planned months before and started to be worked on past U18,  with few things even during U18 development. 

Now, if Excalibur Umbra was meant to be the main feature, first of all the development status upgrades would have been not something like "no progress yet", "we have an idea but it's just an idea at the moment", "we have a tons more stuff coming, we haven't worked on Umbra yet", "we might just end up releasing him like that". 

I mean, pretty weird statements for a major update central content, right? 

Second, the 2 months guess Steve made on January was clearly not referring to U19,  no way at all. 

I believe Steve mention tying him into U19

he's not the main part. Not sure though mabye last devstream.

10 hours ago, XideBeast said:

I just want the new cinematic quest will be longer than 2nd dream, more cool, explain everything about umbras and maybe let us see another umbras and keep waiting for it.

I think that's how it will be. We'll be stalker "like" frames, the excal umbra from china is the same as stalker (i mean model)

umbra rhino/volt/saryn/etc...

Edited by Quimey

17 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I believe Steve mention tying him into U19

he's not the main part. Not sure though mabye last devstream.

Nope, exact and only words about Umbra were:

"[...]it's coming, sort of soon, it's part of a big deal and it's gonna be awesome and.........then we can just move on to the next...something else". Period, no mention on U19 related to Umbra!

We're just assuming it could be U19 because "big deals" usually mean round updates in Warframe..

Edited by siralextraffo

"[...]it's coming, sort of soon, it's part of a big deal and it's gonna be awesome and.........then we can just move on to the next...something else". Period, no mention on U19 related to Umbra!

We're just assuming it could be U19 because "big deals" usually mean round updates in Warframe..

9wlNQ.gif

We can predict that it's U19 and have enough evidence to do so. That is all, if I'm right I'm going to come back and post the usual..."I was right you were all wrong!!!!!" (Not really jk)

Also logical thinking and common sense/pure gut feeling tells me it's U19 and I've never been wrong about Umbra. I'm sure many others feel this way, but it will probably be 19(it will be U19 it not that hard to figure out)(if I'm wrong I give you permission to spam my inbox until my phone explodes)

5 hours ago, Ellthan said:

A lot of PC players never had the chance to get excal prime, didn't seem to stop DE.

They could of possibly gotten it. We could never of possibly gotten it. It is simple. This has nothing to do with when you showed up and started playing. Excal prime doesn't freaking exist on consoles!!!!

If it's not u19 then it could be a half update? Something like nezha or wukong or maybe even a .5 but he said something BIG. So it makes sense that people would think that it's coming with a major content update, after all they said "Soon"

(Big implies heavy implications to the lore and they would most likely want that to ship with a content update)

Edited by Demoonic

5 hours ago, Ellthan said:

A lot of PC players never had the chance to get excal prime, didn't seem to stop DE.

I just Terra's this comment and just wha...*rereads again* uh.. Yeah... Can you explain how this relates to pcs founder that own exclusive of gear bringing it over to a version of the game that physically never had the chance to get it.

Just now, Demoonic said:

If it's not u19 then it could be a half update? Something like nezha or wukong or maybe even a .5 but he said something BIG. So it makes sense that people would think that it's coming with a major content update, after all they said "Soon"

Not only that the Saryn prime trailer and how they said ballas the one who we know makes prime WARFRAMES is involved in the quest. This all points to umbra frames.

6 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Exactly they still have hope even when we have yet to get a page from the devs further explaining Umbra after promising to do so after his reveal last year.

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Not only that the Saryn prime trailer and how they said ballas the one who we know makes prime WARFRAMES is involved in the quest. This all points to umbra frames.

I think I remember hearing recently that Kavats would be shipped out to us before U19 (Correct me if I'm wrong), so the assumption that Ballas and Umbra will be the main focus of U19 is pretty well founded. Quite frankly though I'm given up crossing my fingers.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Exactly they still have hope even when we have yet to get a page from the devs further explaining Umbra after promising to do so after his reveal last year.

Ah, the long lost Umbra FAQ thread Rebecca promised us. I commented on it before, way back when this thread was just starting up. If this thread can get to 100 pages that'd be awesome.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015