Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

6 hours ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

so, how about Excalibur Umbra Prime ? lol. don't tell me DE trolled chinese founders.

Only the Chinese founders well ever have Excalibur Umbra Prime, so those of us playing on the global build of the game will never ever see Umbra Prime, and once we get Umbras, they will be considered different from Primes

2 hours ago, (PS4)LenKun98 said:

Only the Chinese founders well ever have Excalibur Umbra Prime, so those of us playing on the global build of the game will never ever see Umbra Prime, and once we get Umbras, they will be considered different from Primes

basically umbra excalibur > to umbra excaliber prime  as it will be cosmetically/stat(hopefully) the same but posses the hopefully unique umbra passive...ability? 

also nearly done with prologue page for the comic ..that stuff takes a lot of work ......

11 hours ago, GuiltMan said:

It's strange, how, when reading the poem, everyone assumes that the phrase 'saved from the knife' means that the Queens were saved from execution. For all we know, the 'knife' could refer to something else entirely. An Orokin experiment/program, perhaps?

that is an interesting thought , could the twins be a experiment, something created or were they something new ? that required experimentation to understand 

well questioned tenno +1 

Dear DE.

Please could we get a timeframe or a roadmap of when U19 will be here. or a vague update of when we can expect U20 for instance... in september/october/november we aim to launch U20 etc etc so we know what's going on.

Also when are we due to get the event?

Finally can you please for the love of god just let us know about Umbra, if he is still in development then just tell us. if he's not coming till U19/U20 TELL us. Not sure why you are leaving us in the dark with a lot of information I understand you want to build up the suspense.

But i think we have all waited long enough we have been waiting since Devstream #58 21 August 2015. 

Excalibur Umbra

• Umbras are coming, starting with Excalibur

• Umbra Prime is exclusive to China, but a practically identical Umbra will be released in the Global build

• Steve hopes that Umbra becomes "a thing" and that there will be more coming

• No other info regarding how Umbra will be available or whether it will be a skin or a frame

Please I know you guys are busy working away hard and your doing a great job. But it would be nice for us Tenno's / the community to know what's happening as at the moment it feels like even DE are unsure of the roadmap.

Edited by 1337G4m4

DE dont even know what's going on so it's very unlikely that we'll be seeing Umbra anytime soon. They have to make up some elaborate story to surround him otherwise if they just come out with Umbra all the founders would get annoyed. Along with the Chinese founders. 

Sadly Warframe is too busy re-skinning existing warframes. Rather than bringing out new content / warframes so maybe Umbra might arrive unexpectedly but dont place your hopes on it Tenno's

50 minutes ago, 1337G4m4 said:

DE dont even know what's going on so it's very unlikely that we'll be seeing Umbra anytime soon. They have to make up some elaborate story to surround him otherwise if they just come out with Umbra all the founders would get annoyed. Along with the Chinese founders. 

Sadly Warframe is too busy re-skinning existing warframes. Rather than bringing out new content / warframes so maybe Umbra might arrive unexpectedly but dont place your hopes on it Tenno's

I expect Umbra to be U20 content(coz rounding up update numbers). U19.5 if we are lucky.

4 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I expect Umbra to be U20 content(coz rounding up update numbers). U19.5 if we are lucky.

I seriously hope I don't have to wait that long. I'd be gone from the game for over a year at that point

34 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

lol just add 3 months on console wait xD , im over here just rooting for pc to get it xD 

Oh god I'm so sorry for you console guys jesus, I didn't even take that into account lol 

10 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that is an interesting thought , could the twins be a experiment, something created or were they something new? that required experimentation to understand 

well questioned tenno +1 

Perhaps the twins were conjoined and the knife was referring to the procedure to disconnect them, which would explain why they were discriminated against in Orokin society, but it is implied that they were naturally born

Edited by (PS4)LenKun98

15 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Oh god I'm so sorry for you console guys jesus, I didn't even take that into account lol

that's why I was hoping it was gonna be like a simple prime access type thing, so that he'd be released simultaneously accross platforms like the primes. Since they decided to tie him to a quest now we gotta wait the extra stupid month or so between PC and console updates as well while you guys get to enjoy him. Not like it matters, the way development seems to be proceeding I can't even make an accurate prediction as to when that will be. Maybe after the frame after the frame after the prime after Nezha Prime... Maybe... I still think I might be guessing too soon on that. Maybe hell come out in the year 2033 to celebrate the games 20th anniversary.

On 4/23/2016 at 9:17 PM, (PS4)LenKun98 said:

Yup that trailer at the end totally screams umbra related to me in some way, that may have the been the SOON we've been waiting for, especially with "The War Within." Also, that child may be the Stalker's operator then.

It's just the Grineer queens and their obviously fat guards. Nothing to do with Umbra.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

agreed

but i cans see how some come to the conclusion, lots of red/black with red/black energy on polearms  guards have (sumo grineer?) 

But the only Umbra we've ever seen - Excalibur Umbra - doesn't have red and black. He's not some edgelord frame. He has black, gray, gold, and blue energy. That's nothing like the Grineer.

1 hour ago, AntoineFlemming said:

But the only Umbra we've ever seen - Excalibur Umbra - doesn't have red and black. He's not some edgelord frame. He has black, gray, gold, and blue energy. That's nothing like the Grineer.

i think people were assuming via stalker / umbra theory ....as umbra revealed in china has red energy in its showcase images so *shrug* 

Spoiler

301485014131.jpg

3 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

It's just the Grineer queens and their obviously fat guards. Nothing to do with Umbra.

Ya, rewatching the trailer multiple times, I have created multiple theories since. I honestly do not believe that both characters in the trailer are the queens, just the older one. The young girl is probably just an operator that the Queens have taken, since they know how to operate Orokin tech, and have manipulated the operators they have taken to believe that us Tenno are being led by the sentients (aka The Lotus) which will lead to the war within. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)LenKun98 said:

Ya, rewatching the trailer multiple times, I have created multiple theories since. I honestly do not believe that both characters in the trailer are the queens, just the older one. The young girl is probably just an operator that the Queens have taken, since they know how to operate Orokin tech, and have manipulated the operators they have taken to believe that us Tenno are being led by the sentients (aka The Lotus) which will lead to the war within. 

There was an interview article given by Rebecca that confirmed IT IS TWIN QUEENS