Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add 1st person view

JessicaHay

3 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

Mirrors edge and Portal are not horde combat shooters.

Mirrors edge is practically just a platformer, with avoidable combat parts that mostly last 2-3 sec

Portal, practicaly has no combat and is a puzzle platformer.

Titanfall, i havent played so far, so cant tell. But at least mIrrors Edge and portal cant be compared to a fast paced horde shooter... at least in my opinion.

Thats why i want a stand-alone mode if it is to be in the evolution engine at all.

I much rather have a FPS game that is Corpus and Grineer. We play a military shooter/rpg and on occasion face off against the Tenno.

Just imagine a squad of corpus against grineer Team Deathmatch. Then mix that up with Deus Ex, Doom, Halo and you got some solid fun :)

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Thats why i want a stand-alone mode if it is to be in the evolution engine at all.

I much rather have a FPS game that is Corpus and Grineer. We play a military shooter/rpg and on occasion face off against the Tenno.

Just imagine a squad of corpus against grineer Team Deathmatch. Then mix that up with Deus Ex, Doom, Halo and you got some solid fun :)

well, i actually once planed a small CounterStrike like game with Grinner Vs Corpus, just to Protect/destroy a machine .... never did it because my designing and programing skills are bad. mostly designing part.

Would propably be funny as a First Person Shooter.

I've experienced the camera glitch. This was way before archwing. Yes it was fun for a while but I vote no due to the play style in the game. I find myself moving much slower due to the a typical camera view in fps, I constantly get kicked out of L4D multiplayer because of that. If L4D could do 3rd person I'd play it more.

I don't get people talking about being sick ... Did they ever played fast fps games ? They think that when you roll the camera already roll with you, when you bullet jump the camera will rotate to 360 ... Not but really X_X

When you play with the TPS view, the camera doesn't move (rotate) when you do these actions, well with an FPS view it would be the same. An FPS view can be arranged depending on the game, the movements, and others things, to make it playable you know ?

Try "Urban Terror", its an FPS based on jumping, being fast and aiming. Warframe movements are close to that game, and i never been sick ...

I still think that an "additional" FPS view is needed for Conclave, i am tired of seeing y warframe in the midle of my screen, blocking me from viewing where i am shooting at half of the time.

Or they could at least makes our body transparents to some %, or make that enemies bodies can be see trhough our warframe.

And an FPS view, just for the Relay, Orbiter and the Dojo, i don't see any problem.

Warframe is a very complex game. Changing it to first person wouldn't work for a number of reasons:

1. With the movement system and the amount of special affects, it would be very disorientating for players.

2. Warframe was built around being third person. Changing it would mean having to change dynamic of the game. Horde, enemy spawning etc.

3. There is literally nothing that would be improved if Warframe was made first person.

Why do you even want first person anyway? In a game like Warframe it's an alien concept.

34 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Mirrors edge, Portal and Titanfall. 

Mirrors edge is the best example of parkour and movement by far. Portal uses momentum and gravity not unlike how we jump around.

Titanfall have both in the air combat and wall running.

Tell me, are anyone of those games as fast paced as Warframe? I've played them all and can safely say they are nothing like it. Mirrors Edge made me dizzy, Portal is a puzzle game, Titanfall is also not a horde shooter. It may be fast but not as fast as Warframe. Those are bad examples man.

The first person glitch that happened was a form of first person that doesn't work with most of the moves present in Warframe. Sure other games like Mirror's Edge and Titanfall have parkour, but none of the moves has even a fraction of the spinning that happens with Warframe parkour. The closest thing either of those two have is the roll in Mirror's edge, a maneuver that makes plenty of people dizzy if seen too many times. I could barely play that game for more than a half hour before I had to give it up, and typically walked away with a headache.

If you tried to do first person the way that other games have you would be forced to completely prevent the player from seeing their own body. Those flips and acrobatics? Impossible without clipping into the body mesh. One double jump and your camera would look down your torso and out of your crotch. They would have to pull that dumb tactic for "First person view" and set the camera to the head joint in the skeleton, then hide the head, body, and legs, leaving arms to hold the weapons. I for one rather prefer being able to know where my feet are landing when I do a jump.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

5 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Warframe is a very complex game. Changing it to first person wouldn't work for a number of reasons:

1. With the movement system and the amount of special affects, it would be very disorientating for players.

2. Warframe was built around being third person. Changing it would mean having to change dynamic of the game. Horde, enemy spawning etc.

3. There is literally nothing that would be improved if Warframe was made first person.

Why do you even want first person anyway? In a game like Warframe it's an alien concept.

Tell me, are anyone of those games as fast paced as Warframe? I've played them all and can safely say they are nothing like it. Mirrors Edge made me dizzy, Portal is a puzzle game, Titanfall is also not a horde shooter. It may be fast but not as fast as Warframe. Those are bad examples man.

The very reason I said we need a dedicated game mode, not just a camera.

Second I think a FPS as Grineer or Corpus is much better.

Ok so you want fast? Quake Arena, the original Quake are still the best examples I have. I think the reason is games are made to be slower, like Gears of War.

You need to remember that FPS uses jumps, fast 360° turns and strafing to their advantage.

Just now, arch111 said:

Ok so you want fast? Quake Arena, the original Quake are still the best examples I have. I think the reason is games are made to be slower, like Gears of War.

You need to remember that FPS uses jumps, fast 360° turns and strafing to their advantage.

well since we saw the operator walking, and i dont think the operator will have parkour options when we actually would play them.. maybe there first person?=

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Try Tribes, you could come in at what felt like mach 1 and capture the flag and keep going.

2 hours ago, JessicaHay said:

It would show the great graphics.

No, it would show a huge hate towards the game.

I mean, why DE would stupidly make this option while they are focusing on squishing that bugs or making new contents or finishing The War Within for this pointless "Graphic Upgrade" so called First Person view.

Warframe mechanism and movement also it's high pace are not gonna be a friend with that first person view.

I mean, can you stand the motion sickness of doing Bullet Jump then jump then slice then shoot an enemy then roll then use power then jump then slam attack then slice then shoot then shoot then run?

Edited by MichaelMW28
Typo XD

3 minutes ago, arch111 said:

First person shooters are naturally more slow than third person because it's all about precision. Making Warframe first person would basically slow down the pace of the game. You also need to remember that there really aren't many games like Warframe out there.

I think what you're trying to do is find a AAA title like Warframe but in first person. 

Having a small mini game where you play Grineer and Corpus vs each other would be fun I admit. But I doubt it'll happen.

First person is not needed and would quite frankly make Warframe a completely different game. I don't want Warframe to be thrown in with COD or Modern Warfare. Warframe is its own unique game. Stop trying to turn it into something it's not.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMW28 said:

No, it would show a huge hate towards the game.

I mean, why DE would stupidly make this option while they are focusing on squishing that bugs or making new contents or finishing The War Within for this pointless "Graphic Upgrade" so called First Person view.

Warframe mechanism and movement also it's high pace are not gonna be a friend with that first person view.

I mean, can you stand the motion sickness of doing Bullet Jump then jump then slice then shoot an enemy then roll then use power then jump then slam attack then slice then shoot then shoot then run?

why do you think he suggested the idea in the first place? Not everyone have motion sickness ;)

If I would say how I think warframe had to work.

1. Any flips and rolls and such would be removed. In their place would be sliding, jumping+bullet time, double jump, slamming and so on by use of speed, tilts and visual effects.

2. The field of view would be greater to better handle multiple angles.

3. Player speed would be increased.

4. Wallrunning would be actual free wallrunning.

5. The hud would constantly show enemy radar around you.

6. Powers and melee would be like Jedi Knight, Elder Scrolls, Crysis.

Just now, arch111 said:

1. Any flips and rolls and such would be removed. In their place would be sliding, jumping+bullet time, double jump, slamming and so on by use of speed, tilts and visual effects.

so.. you basicaly want a different game....

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

so.. you basicaly want a different game....

Haha ! It wouldn't work without needed change. Yes. A new game mode or a spinoff (mod is better I think to try this out if DE are legally OK with that) is what needs to happen for ALL aspects of Warframe to work IMO.

Just now, arch111 said:

Haha ! It wouldn't work without needed change. Yes. A new game mode or a spinoff (mod is better I think to try this out if DE are legally OK with that) is what needs to happen for ALL aspects of Warframe to work IMO.

well, as we saw in the war within trailer, we might actually get a gamemode with the operator.... on the operator, wich is definitly slower and not as agile as a puppet, maybe there will be the possibility to add a FPS modus..... you wouldnt even have to change anything then on the other game modes.

But, we still dont know anything about all the features of U19, since it still isnt fully there.

5 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Okay now you are just not being realistic. Why don't you get into game design and actually create the game you want because it certainly isn't Warframe.

Also I don't think you can mod gameplay in an MMO.

9 minutes ago, arch111 said:

from your demand for a first person view to actually change the whole game.

I demand a lock to this thread!