Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Mans Sky

(PSN)zeratul____12

2 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Exploration. The one thing NMS does very well. But it also has trade routes with aliens, alliances, wars, genocidal wars against an entire race of aliens via atmospheric manipulation. 

Other than the aliens and trading part, absolutely none of that is in NMS! Did you watch the same trailer I did, or are you just guessing about what the game is about.

Spore was about making your own alien and evolving it all the way to the space age. NMS's only goal is to explore the universe

11 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

So...still bungies fault, not mine.

Wouldn't really call the fault on the developer since most of the troubles came from Activision wanting to cut content last minute and the letting go of core members of the team.

The Division was made by Ubisoft, so it was expected for there to be cut content and being under developed ever since Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed Unity came out.

No Man's Sky, well, I never understood what people thought of this game and why it got so hyped. To me, it just looked like an exploration type game, sort of like what old versions of Minecraft looked to be, something that I would play if I had nothing else to do and wanted to listen to a podcast. Of course I never really read any game interviews, but just saw gameplay trailers, which really where the only things needed to see to know what type of game it was going to be.

The price point does seem a little steep for me, and I'm not willing to pay 60$ for this type of game, more like 40$. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Other than the aliens and trading part, absolutely none of that is in NMS! Did you watch the same trailer I did, or are you just guessing about what the game is about.

Spore was about making your own alien and evolving it all the way to the space age. NMS's only goal is to explore the universe

I literally said exploration. I added those last bits to show that Spore does way more to make the game open to every one else instead of staying in this niche market as well as having more worthwhile content. I already know what the game is like (what little there is), and the fact there's an old game that does what NMS does and even more is honestly comedic.

25 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

an old game that does what NMS does and even more is honestly comedic.

hahahaha hahaahaha, sorry but that is hilarious that you belive that, but I give up there is nothing I could say to show you otherwise even though there is a metric S#&$ ton I could say. So just believe what you want.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

hahahaha hahaahaha, sorry but that is hilarious that you belive that, but I give up there is nothing I could say to show you otherwise even though there is a metric S#&$ ton I could say. So just believe what you want.

Nah, nevermind. Bored with this topic. If you wanna love the game and glorify it, be my guest. But I'm one of many who are disappointed with the game.

Edited by TheErebus.
Don't wanna continue this any further.

31 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Nah, nevermind. Bored with this topic. If you wanna love the game and glorify it, be my guest. But I'm one of many who are disappointed with the game.

I do enjoy the game, but it does have many problems and I do mean MANY problems, it certainly isnt a 10 or a 9 its most likely a 7 or maybe a 6. i enjoy it for the space exploration and the fact I can fly from planet to planet myself without fast travel or a boring cutscene showing me enter the atmosphere and land in a predtermined zone.

I really wanted to impulse buy No Man's Sky for something fun, open and different to give WF a break until some stuff comes out, but $59.99 for a port that was at 73% negative on STEAM due mostly to inability to play and refund seeking reviews... Eh... Going to pass...

I'm tired of early access and just plain buggy games. Give me an open world action game with RPG elements that works. What's defiance up to? Can you easily get melee weapons yet? Did they fix cheating?

On 8/11/2016 at 1:50 AM, RetiredEdgeLord said:

The Division wasn't all bad, true. It's mainly the players that made the game bad.

No. It was bad. I had fun playing premade PvE but once the map was cleared it just fell off a cliff. Client side stats begging to be hacked. Terribly designed PvP begging to be exploited. Dead PvE map once cleared except replayable missions and farmable bosses, then bosses got nerfed with no replacement. Huge stat jumps for the top difficulty. I started seeing cheaters a lot and read that the future was going to be more gear tiers, implying more huge stat hurdles, so I bailed.

Edited by VKhaun

9 hours ago, VKhaun said:

I really wanted to impulse buy No Man's Sky for something fun, open and different to give WF a break until some stuff comes out, but $59.99 for a port that was at 73% negative on STEAM due mostly to inability to play and refund seeking reviews... Eh... Going to pass...

I'm tired of early access and just plain buggy games. Give me an open world action game with RPG elements that works. What's defiance up to? Can you easily get melee weapons yet? Did they fix cheating?

No. It was bad. I had fun playing premade PvE but once the map was cleared it just fell off a cliff. Client side stats begging to be hacked. Terribly designed PvP begging to be exploited. Dead PvE map once cleared except replayable missions and farmable bosses, then bosses got nerfed with no replacement. Huge stat jumps for the top difficulty. I started seeing cheaters a lot and read that the future was going to be more gear tiers, implying more huge stat hurdles, so I bailed.

Think I'd go as far as to say what ruined The Division was their shift from a potentially decent co-op experience to a flawed PvP design. The PvP should've been an addition, a sidegrade, not the 'end game' and true focus, especially with the hacking and glitching that took place all too frequently in the DZ. I think I left when they introduced the rope cutting feature and pretty much told me it was time to go and maybe return in the distant future. It wasn't necessary and it just fueled the benefits of the peope who hacked and cheated, which was also during the days of the 'Wild West' where they got away with everything.

Was fun though, doing the glitched 50+ people PvE Lexington mission. Absolutely hilarious and chaotic.

As for NMS... I can see why people would be frustrated and vote negatively, but it also shows how unncessarily destructive and badly thought out the review system can be. Some people can play for a few minutes, their PC doesn't like the game so it doesn't run well/crashes and they immediately take to the review system without giving it an actual chance and actually giving time to properly play the game once maybe the kinks are sorted out, which might actually be pretty damn good. Heck, sometimes it's not even the game's fault but the hardware of the user but nope, negative review 'oh it crashes yada yada, refund' and so the trend begins. It can make or break a game and the system itself, funnily enough, needs to be reviewed to stop these sort of erratic and slightly immature reviews. I won't deny its benefits but it does annoy me to see some of the comments for their supposed 'review'.

Edited by Naith

2 hours ago, Naith said:

Think I'd go as far as to say what ruined The Division was their shift from a potentially decent co-op experience to a flawed PvP design. The PvP should've been an addition, a sidegrade, not the 'end game' and true focus, especially with the hacking and glitching that took place all too frequently in the DZ. I think I left when they introduced the rope cutting feature and pretty much told me it was time to go and maybe return in the distant future. It wasn't necessary and it just fueled the benefits of the peope who hacked and cheated, which was also during the days of the 'Wild West' where they got away with everything.

Was fun though, doing the glitched 50+ people PvE Lexington mission. Absolutely hilarious and chaotic.

As for NMS... I can see why people would be frustrated and vote negatively, but it also shows how unncessarily destructive and badly thought out the review system can be. Some people can play for a few minutes, their PC doesn't like the game so it doesn't run well/crashes and they immediately take to the review system without giving it an actual chance and actually giving time to properly play the game once maybe the kinks are sorted out, which might actually be pretty damn good. Heck, sometimes it's not even the game's fault but the hardware of the user but nope, negative review 'oh it crashes yada yada, refund' and so the trend begins. It can make or break a game and the system itself, funnily enough, needs to be reviewed to stop these sort of erratic and slightly immature reviews. I won't deny its benefits but it does annoy me to see some of the comments for their supposed 'review'.

Well put on the NMS thing. Though don't get me wrong this game is HEAVY on the glitchs and crashing on PS4, mostly when I use hyperdrive but it rarely repeats one after the other. Once I couldn't activiate a monylith as it had bugged out. There isnt much to really do as the game is empty and does get repetitive if you play for long hours.

Even with all of the issues I still enjoy it for what it is. it did what it sent out to do; to create a universe with procedurally generated planets. It fully succeds in that.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

57 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Well put on the NMS thing. Though don't get me wrong this game is HEAVY on the glitchs and crashing on PS4, mostly when I use hyperdrive but it rarely repeats one after the other. Once I couldn't activiate a monylith as it had bugged out. There isnt much to really do as the game is empty and does get repetitive if you play for long hours.

Even with all of the issues I still enjoy it for what it is. it did what it sent out to do; to create a universe with procedurally generated planets. It fully succeds in that.

That's fine because that would be mostly a review of the actual gameplay, not complaints about compatibility. I think it depends on what sort of player you are, if you're into exploration it's probably going to be interesting. I'm one of those players, however, I did immediately feel once I'd reached my very first space station that it felt rather empty and there wasn't much to do. You go there to trade and that's it. Hopefully more will be added and maybe it'll get more interesting further on.

Issues I'm having with the game so far is the upscaling of the resolution which is a common issue. It seems regardless of the graphics settings it all looks the same and at a 1440 res its horribly blurry and distorted. Nothing like the clean and fine pictures we've seen. It certainly isn't easy on the eyes.

Having not played it, and only seeing reviews I had a "wait and see"  The game play looked a LOT like subnautica.... with space added.  Or 3-D version of starbound.  I got burned out on Minecraft because of the grind, and making epic projects only to have them not work.

But the price point was HUGE for an exploration game.  And from what i have heard the port to PC was not done well.  I might wait a year, like i do with all games now, and wait for mods, third party programs, the game to be stable enough to play, and the price to drop to more reasonable level

7 hours ago, Ambiroa said:

3 planets, 1 spacestation, and some animals. Trying to find a new solar system by hyperdriving in the direction of what I think is a sun...lol.

well you were actually were only using the Pulse Drive which is very slow when compared to the Hyperdrive. Unfortunately you can only get to a new system by using the hyperdrive which is used like a fast travel map, but I guess you had already figured that out.

22 hours ago, Naith said:

That's fine because that would be mostly a review of the actual gameplay, not complaints about compatibility. I think it depends on what sort of player you are, if you're into exploration it's probably going to be interesting. I'm one of those players, however, I did immediately feel once I'd reached my very first space station that it felt rather empty and there wasn't much to do. You go there to trade and that's it. Hopefully more will be added and maybe it'll get more interesting further on.

Issues I'm having with the game so far is the upscaling of the resolution which is a common issue. It seems regardless of the graphics settings it all looks the same and at a 1440 res its horribly blurry and distorted. Nothing like the clean and fine pictures we've seen. It certainly isn't easy on the eyes.

You are right, I try to keep in mind that this is a whole universe and somethings will be empty and sparse, but I would expect at least on massive settlement for 1 of the 4 races. Though I do think that there is a very good reason why its soo empty in the games lore for that.

Yeah guess we got fooled by either CGI scenes or an really advanced but tiny version of it. Then agaib it probably looks the way it does so it will run much smoother considering how much it has to load and generate, I wasn't expecting HD graphics though for a game this big.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

7 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

well you were actually were only using the Pulse Drive which is very slow when compared to the Hyperdrive. Unfortunately you can only get to a new system by using the hyperdrive which is used like a fast travel map, but I guess you had already figured that out.

You are right, I try to keep in mind that this is a whole universe and somethings will be empty and sparse, but I would expect at least on massive settlement for 1 of the 4 races. Though I do think that there is a very good reason why its soo empty in the games lore for that.

Yeah guess we got fooled by either CGI scenes or an really advanced but tiny version of it. Then agaib it probably looks the way it does so it will run much smoother considering how much it has to load and generate, I wasn't expecting HD graphics though for a game this big.

Haha yeah, I follow the Atlas path so it sent me to several spots to eventually make the FTL drive, and now I jumped to my second solar system.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

I would definitely like sprawling cities (the tagline of freedom and do whatever you want etc. is thrown alongside this game afterall) but it sounds like a lot of work.

33 minutes ago, Naith said:

I would definitely like sprawling cities (the tagline of freedom and do whatever you want etc. is thrown alongside this game afterall) but it sounds like a lot of work.

Maybe they want the players to be the ones to "sculpt" the world, I heard that they will be adding base building in an update soon so there is that, maybe they will add city building in the future.

The problem with that though is that once you discover a system and you took a liking to it you can pretty much never find your way back or that it will take hours to get there, if you ever find it on the star chart. We need something like Mass Effects Relays so we can warp from one Relay to anywhere we wish so long as we have discovered that system first. It would be a good way to traverse the universe without much strain on the player. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Maybe they want the players to be the ones to "sculpt" the world, I heard that they will be adding base building in an update soon so there is that, maybe they will add city building in the future.

The problem with that though is that once you discover a system and you took a liking to it you can pretty much never find your way back or that it will take hours to get there, if you ever find it on the star chart. We need something like Mass Effects Relays so we can warp from one Relay to anywhere we wish so long as we have discovered that system first. It would be a good way to traverse the universe without much strain on the player. 

If I don't get bored, I probably will be the eternal traveler. Already collecting cash to buy myself a large freighter so I can stock lots of stuff, still around a half million to go ahaha. I would enjoy visiting other player's bases though, to see what they've done with the place.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

See I swear I remember them saying they weren't going to do base building simply because they never intended people to stay in one place. Bit of a U-turn if true.

Just now, Naith said:

See I swear I remember them saying they weren't going to do base building simply because they never intended people to stay in one place. Bit of a U-turn if true.

then again whats the point of going through so much grind just to throw it away. currently there is no advantage for it to have a tradition multiplayer as each system and planetdont warrant any spcial attention but if there were unique bases or cities then there would be a reason.

I say this because when you met a fellow player I heard you could trade coordinintes for each others discoveries, but there currently is no advantage except forBlack Holes that is.

13 minutes ago, Ambiroa said:

If I don't get bored, I probably will be the eternal traveler. Already collecting cash to buy myself a large freighter so I can stock lots of stuff, still around a half million to go ahaha. I would enjoy visiting other player's bases though, to see what they've done with the place.

or the things they have named the planets or animals, the next toxic planet I find im gonna call the "Gas Hag"