Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Two Years

LEFTNUT

Question

the galaxy summoned me again for saving.

So basically, I used to be quite the hardcore farmer/grinder and the moment I log in "What the s*h3t1h spaceships and what?!". I need serious help, only concerning Warframe's flavours of the month (years maybe? I'm way behind, is Soma still a thing?)

If the gents would be so caring and give me a few hints on what to do and what to focus on, would be lovely. Apparently I was both rich in Pl and Credits when I left the game so that won't be much of a concern, not that I plan on buying too much stuff (I like to get the stuff myself).

As in, the new frames? Whaaaat? (I always loved Banshee, Mag and Trinity, after Nova and Rhino got boring) What should I focus on getting? What's the hardcore stuff i should be aiming at?

HALP! (With me a bunch of nerds is coming to WF again and they're probably even more lost than me, still fighting with the launcher probably, the scrubs)

Thanks and apologies for the emotion (but feels man)

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "Megathread" tag

7 answers to this question

Really just focus on completing your quests. Sounds like you got good gear, so that's not a problem. The major quest you want to complete is The Second Dream as not only will it blow your mind, it will probably be required for the next major update coming some time later. It also unlocks some new things.

There are a bunch of new primes out and a new system for acquiring them. That's always a good place to start. The Nikana Prime is the god of killing infested. (There are new melee mods that allow crit melee to scale ridiculously, such as body count, blood rush, and berserker). Excalibur is OP now. His abilities got some serious changes.

Complete the second dream quest to access the focus system. It has some seriously OP benefits. There are syndicate weapons now that come with each syndicate (you can only pledge allegiance to about half of them because the other half will hate you for doing so). The Red Veil and Cephalon Suda weapons are seriously OP (they replenish energy after a certain amount of kills).

Don't waste your time with dogs unless you want one because you like dogs. They cost credits to maintain, are hard to customize, and really aren't very effective. I recommend getting an RNG booster cat or the Carrier Prime Sentinel. Also, I suggest getting Ivara or Nekros because they have abilities that affect RNG.

Edited by Jamescell

7 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

There are a bunch of new primes out and a new system for acquiring them. That's always a good place to start. The Nikana Prime is the god of killing infested. (There are new melee mods that allow crit melee to scale ridiculously, such as body count, blood rush, and berserker). Excalibur is OP now. His abilities got some serious changes.

Complete the second dream quest to access the focus system. It has some seriously OP benefits. There are syndicate weapons now that come with each syndicate (you can only pledge allegiance to about half of them because the other half will hate you for doing so). The Red Veil and Cephalon Suda weapons are seriously OP (they replenish energy after a certain amount of kills).

Don't waste your time with dogs unless you want one because you like dogs. They cost credits to maintain, are hard to customize, and really aren't very effective. I recommend getting an RNG booster cat or the Carrier Prime Sentinel. Also, I suggest getting Ivara or Nekros because they have abilities that affect RNG.

Disagree with the dog thing.  My chesa took a huge bite out of Shadow Stalker every time he showed up (3 attacks today ><), and did enough damage to cause him to waste an immunity on slash damage, which none of my guns really did.  Kubrows hit like trucks and can tank bombards if you have the mods for them.

6 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Disagree with the dog thing.  My chesa took a huge bite out of Shadow Stalker every time he showed up (3 attacks today ><), and did enough damage to cause him to waste an immunity on slash damage, which none of my guns really did.  Kubrows hit like trucks and can tank bombards if you have the mods for them.

They can also be a liability and they don't draw much agro, so using them as tanks is hardly effective. Kavats can permanently stunlock the stalker as of now, so even in this scenario I'd say kavats are more useful. The problem is that kubrows are more damage oriented than other companions but their targeting and AI aren't good enough to make their damage-focus useful.

Edited by Jamescell