Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Relic "Quantum pocket" theory break down.

oOSinox

I am going to attempt to simplify the concept of 'quantum pockets' regarding Relics in Warframe. I just want to provide a way to make this concept more graspable/visual for anyone, whether you are new to the game or a veteran. 

Remember, this is just my take on it so it may not be 100% accurate but I will try my best. Without further adieu professer oOSinox is in the house...

So, as we all know the relics are composed of multiple waveforms that can be reduced into one, singular possibility. As you aquire reactant the possibilities become narrower and narrower until you are left with only one outcome, whatever that may be. Also, once you aquire enough reactant the relics become unstable and start reacting with void tears.

This is a bit of a weird comparison, but think of the wavelengths like this: (God, I hope these images work)

Spoiler

tMBKBqlb.jpg

A double sided bench back to back. (Edit. I could not find one so I just had to use this xD) How does this represent a possibility, you ask? Well, I'm about to show you. Simply turn the bench inwards on itself until it makes a complete Circle.

What shape do we have now? Well, something potentially along the lines of this: (this could theoretically work for any symmetrical shape/form or what have you)

Spoiler

il9XAhhb.jpg

An air-hockey puck striker. What's the next step? You guessed it. Turn them back over until you come to something like this:

Spoiler

VIIC_1.jpg

A double sided chair. As you may have noticed, the shape has gotten smaller. Don't worry, we're almost finished. Just keep on shrinking it the same way until you come to your "final possibility". For this I'm just going to use a cube to represent it: (even though that is probably physically impossible)

Spoiler

xDGiuKh.jpg

And that is basically relics summed up for ya. I hope that explains it. Did it not? Let me know. You are still just as confused? Tell me.

Do you think you have a better way of doing it? Go ahead and leave it all below. Thanks.

Side note: It was really late when I thought of this so if this didn't make sense at all I'm sorry. Cut me some slack ok? Have a nice night, folks.

Edit: it seems only one of my images have worked. I will have to find a way to fix that later.

Edit: I finally found some image addresses that worked, thank the lotus.

Edit *Final*: Thank you all for your continued feedback. I had a real blast coming up with and making this post. If My explanations seem a little off I'll try to work on them so they can be less confusing in the future. See you in the topics to come, my friends! =D

Edited by oOSinox

Just now, AhmadIYE said:

Without even done with the reading wanna tell you that there are no pictures in the attachments////

I know this, I've stated that I'm trying to fix that at the bottom.

Edited by oOSinox

1 minute ago, oOSinox said:

I know this, I've stated that I'm trying to fix that at the bottom.

And now after finishing yeah I know you stated. Try imgur as they give you the screenshot code right away which you just need to copy and paste here.

I'll have to respond to this later with a better and fairly simple explanation with quantum physics....

Some of the stuff is mind breaking, as matter can change properties simply by looking away then back or even looking at it from another direction.

Ah fudge it.

Quantum Superposition(How the relics work)

In the everyday, large-scale world, we tend to think things are one way or the other. For example, if I flip a coin, it’s either heads or tails. Even if I cover up the coin with my hand, you know that it is either heads-up or tails-up, one or the other, even though you can’t see which one it is.

On the quantum level, however, things aren’t so simple. Quantum systems exhibit superposition: they exist in all of their possible states at the same time until they are observed. It’s as if the coin was both heads-up and tails-up while I have it covered with my hand. When I lift my hand up and you look at the coin, it then resolves to either heads or tails.

The superposition state of a quantum system (like an electron) doesn’t have to be made of up of two possibilities -- there could be many. Superposition is also central to quantum information theory and quantum computers, which process and store information using things called qubits that can be in a superposition of both a 0 and a 1, unlike the bits in a regular computer, which are always either a 0 or a 1.

Edited by SilvaDreams

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I'll have to respond to this later with a better and fairly simple explanation with quantum physics....

Some of the stuff is mind breaking, as matter can change properties simply by looking away then back or even looking at it from another direction.

12 minutes ago, Mr_bunny said:

Though I think Ordis explained it in a more simple way.

You can see why I am not a real professor.

RonYVYFb.jpg

11 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Ah fudge it.

Quantum Superposition(How the relics work)

In the everyday, large-scale world, we tend to think things are one way or the other. For example, if I flip a coin, it’s either heads or tails. Even if I cover up the coin with my hand, you know that it is either heads-up or tails-up, one or the other, even though you can’t see which one it is.

On the quantum level, however, things aren’t so simple. Quantum systems exhibit superposition: they exist in all of their possible states at the same time until they are observed. It’s as if the coin was both heads-up and tails-up while I have it covered with my hand. When I lift my hand up and you look at the coin, it then resolves to either heads or tails.

The superposition state of a quantum system (like an electron) doesn’t have to be made of up of two possibilities -- there could be many. Superposition is also central to quantum information theory andquantum computers, which process and store information using things called qubits that can be in a superposition of both a 0 and a 1, unlike the bits in a regular computer, which are always either a 0 or a 1.

This is a much better explanation ^. Thanks Silva.

4 minutes ago, oOSinox said:

Really? I didn't understand that at all. Maybe I'm just dull,

Basically as Ordis tells you. The relic contains all the items, but it is only till you open it and observe the contents does the item settle into that state....

Like I said quantum mechanics is mind warping stuff... I won't even get I to quantum entanglement and observational dependency.

Edited by SilvaDreams
Blasted auto correct

34 minutes ago, Achaix said:

It's not that difficult to understand, so long as you remember that classic physics have no place at the quantic level. It's basically Schrödinger's Cat, only with shinies instead of felines.

That was exactly what I thought after I read Silva's explanation.

oOSinox, yours was a good try, but I wasn't quite able to get what you were going for... I ended up thinking of a piece paper that you'd fold until it turned into an origami figure, which I don't know if it is an apt comparison.

36 minutes ago, Achaix said:

It's not that difficult to understand, so long as you remember that classic physics have no place at the quantic level. It's basically Schrödinger's Cat, only with shinies instead of felines.

Well that is exactly what he was describing was Quantum Superposition

2 hours ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

That was exactly what I thought after I read Silva's explanation.

oOSinox, yours was a good try, but I wasn't quite able to get what you were going for... I ended up thinking of a piece paper that you'd fold until it turned into an origami figure, which I don't know if it is an apt comparison.

Welp, like I said, Mine was probably "never going to be 100% accurate" cause it's "My take on it"  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Origami figure? I guess that's also another interesting way to put it. Hehe.  Gg.

Edited by oOSinox

6 hours ago, oOSinox said:

Do you think you have a better way of doing it? Go ahead and leave it all below. Thanks.

Here is my take on it, imagine if you threw your bench into a woodchipper, then a food processor, then milled it into dust, then took the dust and reduced it to the base elements. You placed this into a vacuum for an infinite amount of time. The random dispersal of particles in a vacuum will create various states over time, it could look like a bench, it could look like a table, or a chair, or the screaming face of Lyndon B Johnson. Since the permutations exist outside of our plane of time, they are simultaneously all permutations until the relic is opened, at which time what ever state the particles are in is what we get. 

Now I want a screaming bust of LBJ for my orbiter, thanks a lot. 

Edited by Pyus