The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got To Mastery Rank 7

austinrelis

I'm at 9... Almost 10... Most of what's left is melee weapons.

Haha! Same here! I've got an entire page of melee weapons now, almost all of which are around level 15. So boring leveling them! Really not looking forward to leveling bows and sniper rifles either.

Haha! Same here! I've got an entire page of melee weapons now, almost all of which are around level 15. So boring leveling them! Really not looking forward to leveling bows and sniper rifles either.

There are certain weapons that I'm sure every single player absolutely dreads levelling..for this purpose I do believe there needs to be another way of earning mastery points, even if it is considerably slower.

The way I see it - If there are going to be more perks (And there should be), there should be more routes to reach those perks.

Exploration, missions, events, clans, and even Forma - could potentially have ways to give Mastery.

Even with how some people think "Forma shouldn't give Mastery because you already mastered that weapon", I've stocked up on about 11 so far and I am very hesitant to use them knowing that I'll just have to go through the cycle of leveling again and I'll be delaying my Mastery progression.

It's a system that desperately needs looking into, and I hope that Update 9 will affect it in some way.

Nothing really indicates there is a need for additional avenues of mastery points. There are those impatient sorts who want to skip ahead without having to level new weapons that they aren't used to, but otherwise it seems pretty feasible to gain enough mastery for acquiring any mastery-locked weapons.

Leveling weapons isn't really that hard though. You just have to, you know, kill more dudes with it and concentrate on doing so.

I actually loved the snipers. However my friends tell me I'm weird for the way I use them. All they are to me is a Slug round shotgun. I should really zoom in more with them but hey. It's fun. The bows however. I feel they may be a tad bit overpowered. However it's hard to complain when soo much people enjoy them. I hope they buff the "X's" to "Y's" soon. There's just too much bows when I play.

Still need to get a Latron Prime. No luck at finding T3 keys. Also want that Reaper Prime. Now that I think of it. I need to kill more Stalkers. I'm still missing Despair.

A side note. I think I have a collection obsession. 7 full pages of weapons. I need to finish those melee weapons soonish.

Edited by BBYiffo

Now reset account and do it again.

HA! I did at 7 and am now at ~90% to rank 7 again >:D

Too bad there is no 12.

Or 11.

There is an 11. There is even a post about it on the forums how there is no use for him playing this game anymore lol

Edited by R3leaZ

there is 13. i saw him few weeks ago. 

he said there was bug with buy/sell items. so he still got exp

Yea long time ago in CB days there was a bug where if you sold items and rebought them you would get mastery if you ranked them.

HA! I did at 7 and am now at ~90% to rank 7 again >:D

There is an 11. There is even a post about it on the forums how there is no use for him playing this game anymore lol

There are actually quite a few 11s. I have 3 of them on my friends list from running into them during Outer Terminus. One of them changes his name nearly daily. Threw me off for a bit before I figured that one out.

Congrats.

Currently I think 10 is the max atm, need a few more warframes and weapons to be able to reach 11.

Clanmate is level 11. Which i think is the max until new content, im 9 (o so nearly 10)

Edited by sGs.Apoc

what i don't like are the exclusive weapons (vandals) which cannot be acquired by all players. those should give no mastery points at all. a non CBT player will not be able to get as high as a CBT player, which kinda sucks.

Edited by Zureiya

I'm rank 4. Found the frames I like and the weapons I like. Progression to higher masteries is extremely unlikely. I view this as a flaw of the Mastery system, especially considering polarizing weapons does not continue to give mastery experience.

Why am I forced to play with equipment I do not necessarily enjoy using to "progress"? (I am aware of the small weight of the Mastery system, but there are talks of this giving more perks, and I would also like to use it as a goal to focus on, but not if it's going to make the game less fun.)

i completely agree

what i don't like are the exclusive weapons (vandals) which cannot be acquired by all players. those should give no mastery points at all. a non CBT player will not be able to get as high as a CBT player, which kinda sucks.

the higher level mastery ranks take WAYYYY more than just one weapon to rank up. a maxed ranked weapon gives 3000(30x100) mastery xp, a frame 6000 (30x200) I'm currently a gold disciple at 219200 mastery. Next rank is seeker in 30800. so a little over 10 more weapons. Considering update 8 brought in 22 new weapons... its hardly an issue for me to continue ranking up. Kinda sucks? you can complain about a 3k difference in max mastery xp achievable AFTER you finish maxing out all weapons and frames.

im this load out away from 7, its really not bad, quite easy, the only reason why its getting difficult is because somehow people do not do kappa but say to do other missions to lvl up weapons, but those missions barely give you a fraction of what kappa does

I'm on board with Churpy as well. Right now I'm working on a heat dagger to increase my mastery rank. It's not my playstyle and it takes fun out of the game for me. Do I have to use it? No. Do I need to use it to increase my mastery rank? Yes... and that's where the problem is. Things like this take the fun out of gaming.