The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Psychedellic colours appears on surfaces

BaronFang

I have a GeForce GT440 and I find that periodically after a hectic mission I will return to my lander only to find strange psychedelic colours appearing on surfaces, menus, mod pictures etc.  The only way to correct is to exit the game and restart.  Happening consistently - have checked for any heat issues that doesn't seem to be it.  Only pattern seems to be it happens more consistently when I'm playing public or with a group than when solo.

I've taken a few screenshots but I'm having trouble uploading them.

On 8/13/2016 at 0:52 PM, BaronFang said:

I've taken a few screenshots but I'm having trouble uploading them.

Hi BaronFang,

If you are having trouble uploading screenshots on the forums then could you upload your screenshots to another site (like imgur) and then link them here so that we can see what is happening?

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Psychedelic colors could be a corruption of the driver or pulled game resources, but often can mean that the VRAM for the video card is getting close to self destructing. Does this happen on any other games or software yet?

On 13/08/2016 at 5:52 PM, BaronFang said:

periodically after a hectic mission I will return to my lander only to find strange psychedelic colours appearing on surfaces, menus, mod pictures etc.  The only way to correct is to exit the game and restart.  Happening consistently

5 hours ago, Urlan said:

Psychedelic colors could be a corruption of the driver or pulled game resources, but often can mean that the VRAM for the video card is getting close to self destructing. Does this happen on any other games or software yet?

Yeah this may very well be the cause.

I remember back in the old, old days I was playing Star Wars JKA and I had odd colours and graphical glitches start to appear. Gradually spread to other games (C&C Tiberian Sun) where I eventually had a screen of blue lines. Restarting fixed it but soon enough they returned. Graphics card was on the way out reaching the point where I had the glitches almost immediately upon entering a game. Didn't know much about PC's back then (obviously something was up) but I was quickly informed when I asked. New updated card, no issues to be seen.

Edited by Naith

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974914414/screenshots/?appid=230410

Hopefully the link attached will work - thanks for some info so far.

It is mainly blue and greens but eventually will come to cover virtually anything.  It starts like this, then gets worse.  I recently replaced my graphic card and the problem still happens, puzzling.  Updating verifying the cache doesn't seem to have made a difference.

The problem never appears in any other games, but I've not done extensive testing.  Once I restart warframe it goes back to normal, at least for a while.  I could try rolling back my Nvidia drivers too - the ones I downloaded in July seem to have made things worse.