Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launch Day

Nexus730

I think there should be a special pack to commenorate the upcoming launch day.

My idea was to give a Dark Sector themed pack with Hayden Tenno's warframe and Glaive, The warframe would have abilities that are like the ones in Dark Sector. It could also have special void keys and a Dark Sector themed lato that is very powerful.

Then even more people would mistakenly think that Dark Sector and Warframe of the same continuity and story. Too many people in this community haven't seen enough cameos/Easter eggs/references to actually know when they see them.

Hadeyn "Tenno" "Glaive" the excalibur warframe

Hadeyn "Tenno" "Glaive" the excalibur warframe

You're one of them, aren't you?

DE had ideas for Dark Sector back in 2004. Publisher involvement caused the game to change almost completely, giving us the 2008 Dark Sector. The named the hero after the Tenno race, and kept a few other things in as tribute to their original vision... albeit... altered a bit.

They're references. Links. Easter Eggs. That doesn't mean they share the same story, continuity or universe. From all the interviews I've seen, they seem to have made it clear that they are not connected like that.

Edited by FatalX7

Think of the easter eggs like the ones from good old Jak II and Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. The games had an easteregg linking with the protagonists faces on TV screens at random points in the game.

The publishers did it because it was fun, and it is a way to advertise/ remember other games.

You're one of them, aren't you?

DE had ideas for Dark Sector back in 2004. Publisher involvement caused the game to change almost completely, giving us the 2008 Dark Sector. The named the hero after the Tenno race, and kept a few other things in as tribute to their original vision... albeit... altered a bit.

They're references. Links. Easter Eggs. That doesn't mean they share the same story, continuity or universe. From all the interviews I've seen, they seem to have made it clear that they are not connected like that.

Dunno.. Last livestream seems to rebut that heavy handed statement quite a bit.. As I recall he said that they may come..

Like I said in another thread.. If they truly wanted to totally and completely move passed what Dark Sector became, I feel some things should have definitely been renamed or bent to circumvent any connections to them previously.. Final Fantasy has used the world of Ivalice in many of it's games, but they take place is very different times of the worlds history so none of the games actually REALLY relate to one another unless they are in the same series BUT they do share a known universe..

The games do not have to link, but I do think that the "history" of the universe could be combined to flesh out a timeline.. Thats all it would take is a dot or two on a  timeline.. No game changing game altering mechanics or dramatic cutscenes..

Dunno.. Last livestream seems to rebut that heavy handed statement quite a bit.. As I recall he said that they may come..

Like I said in another thread.. If they truly wanted to totally and completely move passed what Dark Sector became, I feel some things should have definitely been renamed or bent to circumvent any connections to them previously.. Final Fantasy has used the world of Ivalice in many of it's games, but they take place is very different times of the worlds history so none of the games actually REALLY relate to one another unless they are in the same series BUT they do share a known universe..

The games do not have to link, but I do think that the "history" of the universe could be combined to flesh out a timeline.. Thats all it would take is a dot or two on a  timeline.. No game changing game altering mechanics or dramatic cutscenes..

That was my point.

i actualy still own dark sector bought it like 2 years ago from a used game story for 3$ xD never beat it xD didnt even realize same company but i deff see the influences + kojima

letz face it its dark sector + Metal gear solid (not talking just cyber ninja but the metal gear freaky leg walker things of wtf legg meat) that are everywhere in 4