Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reason why Augment mods don't have their own slots and how to change that.

Mr.Lube

I still don't see why DE can't just add one slot that unlocks at a certain MR level, or even unlocks like the exilus slot, and restricts it purely to an augment.   It might actually open up more options to different play styles rather than forcing players to just go for the 'default' builds for each frame.

In an ideal world they'd do a complete overhaul and remove the need for 'essential mods' like health, shield and armour while allowing us to customise our frames better.  They could even do this as part of the 'game balancing' they want to do

Augments are perfectly fine being buffs to an ability; that's literally the definition of the word.

augment - verb - to make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.

What we have is huge discrepancies between various augments in terms of how good they are in comparison to each other for the mod cost and time invested to get them. Fix that, and give us an augment slot that doesn't require mod points. One slot only, and prevent multiple augments from being equipped by disallowing them to be put in normal mod slots, that way you can control how people augment and prevent unforeseen combinations coming from a single player.

On August 13, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Mr.Lube said:

Intro/Reasoning -

Simply put. The reason we do not have reserved slots for our Warframe Augment mods is because the majority of them are straight up buffs to our abilities. I believe the reasoning behind this is that DE wants us to make a sacrifice (a mod slot) when it comes to using Augment mods. I agree with the thought process behind this but I feel as if it was implemented in the wrong way. I agree that their should be a level of choice and sacrifice when it comes to using Warframe Augments. But I do not feel that a mods slot is the right sacrifice. Instead of messing with your core build. What if Augments had a level of sacrifice built into them? Let me explain.

My solution -

The main goal I'm trying to accomplish here is to redesign Augments to not only alter the way a Warframe's power functions, but to augment the players' style of play. First off, each Warframe would have four Augment slots built in. Each slot would be reserved to a single ability in order to prevent the use of multiple Augments for the same ability.

Now, Augments would be redesigned as actual augmentations rather than basic upgrades. Augment mods would add an aspect to an ability, while taking something away as well. This gives the player a choice of whether of not they want the Augment over the base ability, or which Augment they wish to chose (once we get multiple augments for abilities).

Examples -

Ash (Fatal Teleport) - Teleport will perform a Finisher on the target, dealing 200% extra damage. Augment also removes the ability to teleport to allies.

This augment would provide a more aggressive style of play, while sacrificing some mobility.

Hydroid (Tidal Impunity) - Clears status effects and grants 6 seconds of status immunity for yourself and allies that come in contact with it. Augment removes the ability to knock down enemies.

This augment would provide a more supportive style of play, while sacrificing some aggression/survivability.

Valkyr (Eternal War) - While active Warcry's duration is increased by 2 seconds for each melee kill. Augment prevents Warcry from being applied to allies.

This augment promotes a hyper aggressive/selfish style of play, while sacrificing the supportive aspect.

Closing Thoughts -

I believe that having the player chose between different play styles is a better compromise than having the player give up one of their mod slots. On another note, there are some Augments that are already in the game that follow this concept. Augments like Despoil, Soul Survivor, and Atlas' Tectonics augment. Let me know what you think.

Just wanted to say it has been discussed in another thread that perhaps a mid-way solution would be to make the Exilus slot able to accommodate Syndicate Augments too.  :)

Lemme see if I've got my facts straight.

Currently, I run around with Saryn and I'm forever stuck with Regen Molt taking up a slot in my build in order to give Saryn that tankiness I've come to love; the damage Molt does and to some degree the decoy aspect aren't really high on my list of priorities -I take advantage of them, but they're not really why I use the skill and wouldn't miss them much.

With the suggested system, I could potentially trade off that damage and some of the decoy aspect to get that regen, which suits me perfectly, and doesn't eat up one of my mod slots.

If this is the case I'm all on board.  You could potentially still provide the option of doubling down on a power and consume a mod slot, in the event people want all of the features.