The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On the Topic of Saryn vs Excalibur

TurtleOverseer

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The original thing I quoted said DPS. I'm not arguing that Excal can do more damage in a single hit. I'm arguing the DPS. Excal does like 7-8 mil with EB finishers so that's not really in question.

Toxic Lash gives +90% max at base but after Stealth modifiers the bonus damage is x4 larger.

Every time you hit the enemy without a Viral proc it reduces the bonus it gives. A melee weapon is basically never as good.

A melee Saryn doesn't really rely on DoTs.at all, it's all front end damage like in the pics I showed. She just swings for monster damage and part of that gets turned into free AoE from Spores, usually 10-15k per swing per target in a 23m radius.

"Saryn will never out perform an excalibur that close to an enemy especially when it comes to dps on a single target, this is true. "

That's why I think Excalibur still has the most potential to deal highest DPS to single enemy. Excalibur can do a 7-8 mil finisher with a set-up within 5s, EB-RB-stab and that's it. Assume you take 2s to stab your sword into your enemy's a$$ you still deal 3.5 mil DPS. Though as I said they are all theory and is completely impractical in actual game. Nobody is gonna bring a max strength RB Excalibur into a game, it's meaningless. Yes for Saryn she still does incredibly high damage but still less than Excalibur in extreme case. Spores deal viral proc with 100% chance only after you pop it so you at least have to hit your enemies once. After you struck your enemies you will lose the stealth bonus, unlike Excalibur who has RB. But well 321k as shown in your pic it's a very impressive damage anyway.

9 hours ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I came off my hiatus to say this, because im tired of people knocking on his build while being ignorant to the evidence presented to them.

That build was not even a true regular mission build, it was meant to get as much power as possible, he even stated this in the video if you listened.

He was entirely unbiased during the course of his video, even with all the power saryn could barely scratch the HP off high armor targets, he presented this in real time and I was able to easily replicate his result. 

Tried out a multitude of combinations with weapons, ability order, etc. and my results were the same.

The only time I was able to replicated similiar results to the "melting" she does was when I used it against butchers. Which have pretty much zero armor. Regardless of level, number of enemies, etc. She CAN melt them, provided they have no armor.

So the only way she can be truly effective late game is by running 4x Corrosive projection, which I have not tried out myself as of yet

He was biased because he ignored the spreading mechanic and did not stack toxin procs.

I am able to melt every grineer unit at sortie level without problem in about 1-2 seconds in a 30+m radius.  Without cp. If there are enough of them (more enemies = more spores popping = more stacked toxin) 

If you can't do that then you seem to be playing wrong

13 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

"Saryn will never out perform an excalibur that close to an enemy especially when it comes to dps on a single target, this is true. "

That's why I think Excalibur still has the most potential to deal highest DPS to single enemy. Excalibur can do a 7-8 mil finisher with a set-up within 5s, EB-RB-stab and that's it. Assume you take 2s to stab your sword into your enemy's a$$ you still deal 3.5 mil DPS. Though as I said they are all theory and is completely impractical in actual game. Nobody is gonna bring a max strength RB Excalibur into a game, it's meaningless. Yes for Saryn she still does incredibly high damage but still less than Excalibur in extreme case. Spores deal viral proc with 100% chance only after you pop it so you at least have to hit your enemies once. After you struck your enemies you will lose the stealth bonus, unlike Excalibur who has RB. But well 321k as shown in your pic it's a very impressive damage anyway.

Huh? Those aren't execute attacks. Stealth modifier are up 100% of the time, long as you're invisible.

But until they bring back endless missions the whole concept of this thread is rather pointless.

1 hour ago, siralextraffo said:

I feel like the whole topic doesn't make any sense now. 

The comparison started a while ago when Excalibur was used mainly for its Radial Javelin, able to kill rooms as Miasma. 

Now it's kinda pointless to me, the 2 frames are quite different and fit different roles/playstyle. 

Yeah, that's already a part of the conclusion we came to. They're different frames, and play who you want to, not caring about stupid things like "THIS GUY IS CRAP AM I ROIGHT?! HE CAN'T EVEN SPORES!?? ERMA GAWD. HAIL SARYN!" or "OH MY GWAD EXATLYED BLADU KILLS EVERYTHING!!!"

41 minutes ago, TurtleOverseer said:

Yeah, that's already a part of the conclusion we came to. They're different frames, and play who you want to, not caring about stupid things like "THIS GUY IS CRAP AM I ROIGHT?! HE CAN'T EVEN SPORES!?? ERMA GAWD. HAIL SARYN!" or "OH MY GWAD EXATLYED BLADU KILLS EVERYTHING!!!"

Yea, we just carry the comparison from old days, but it doesn't make sense any longer. 

Assuming it ever made it... 

Anyway, I was not referring to your thread, but to the actual topic, which shouldn't be still a thing!