Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick From Game For Being Afk

Abooji

I've had to quit way too many defense missions where one person is AFK and the game would never start. 

Maybe if there was some sort of mechanic only in Online Defense Missions where if a player is inactive for a certain period of time they would automatically be disconnected. 

This already exists in other games, and its just so frustrating to have to abort mission after mission because one guy isn't playing. 

I concur. Though not just kick option but "change host" vote etc.

By the way did anyone notice that when starting a game voting to different missions on lobby screen usually brings an interesting conclusion - which usually has nothing to do with the vote results?

I concur. Though not just kick option but "change host" vote etc.

By the way did anyone notice that when starting a game voting to different missions on lobby screen usually brings an interesting conclusion - which usually has nothing to do with the vote results?

Though not really related, still a awesome idea, the change host vote. Playing with a host that seems to have a 1kb/s connenction is just painfull.

About the mission votes ... no idea.

A few threads on this, I think that after 1-2 minutes of idle an option to kick should be made available. That or it should show how long a player has been idle. I would say give the host the option, but what if the host is the AFK?

Not for host, especially if you joined his private game. I often leave lobby open for my clansmen, they never start my lobby therefore never get in a situation where i afk.

If we are talking about pure online games, that should be enabled since its hindrance for players that want to play online/random teams but get stuck with an afker.

vote kicking would be nice as well if there are players that just dont want to fit into teams play style (like 1 solorushing 3 cleaning going very slow, kick and continue)

Problem I've been running into are people who hide in a room where no mobs go, but aren't truly AFK - they run and collect mobs after every round on defense missions. They seem to be watching TV and whenever a wave ends, go and collect the spoils which they didn't earn.

I wouldn't mind it tremendously much if it weren't for me carrying 3 mastery rank 1/2 excalis on an artifact defense mission today, and failing after surviving 23 waves, 2 to go - because the mastery rank 2 dude was AFKing like I just described. After a dozen or so rezzes and despite my best efforts to Chaos spam on my Nyx, we lost while chaos wore off while I was trying to rez someone again, and the two mastery rank 1 guys lost out on the artifact because of one d0uchebag.

I have all 3 artifacts, I'm more &!$$ed that one guy is directly responsible for 2 new players not getting the cool new artifact they were so close to getting. He needs a kick in the balls. 

Edited by Mhak

Yes we need a vote kick option, like... yesterday. I literally just finished an artifact alert where my team just basically went afk after like wave 10. It was just me and some other dude who clearly wasn't geared enough since he basically used a whole clip to kill an ospreyor. I had like 700kills, rest of my team barely hit 100. Almost failed the mission to... artifact had like 4% left.
Edit: Also fix the game stats please, I mean seriously... 14% dmg dealt?
2013-06-24_00002.jpg

Edited by oKibbles

So basically, the same trolls that sat there and let you guys do all the work...you are going to give them the tools to kick you right when the match is about to end?  The solutions is worst than the problem.  Just find people you enjoy playing with.  Good players add me all the time for void and defense missions and I trust them.

@oKibbles

About the game stats:

Were you using abilities extra heavily? And specifically were you a nyx?

Nyx's chaos does not count towards her damage total, but does count towards her kill total. I've done missions with a Nyx clanmate and they killed only 50 less enemies than me yet only have 1% damage while I have 99%.

@mogamu

I dont think a vote kick option would be useful, would just cause far more trolling in the long run, I think that an idle timer where it then votes to kick the idle player (and only the idle player) would be a *bit* more acceptable.

I think a better solution overall is to have a blacklist feature so you dont join a game with a person on your blacklist.

Edited by Tsukinoki

So basically, the same trolls that sat there and let you guys do all the work...you are going to give them the tools to kick you right when the match is about to end?  The solutions is worst than the problem.  Just find people you enjoy playing with.  Good players add me all the time for void and defense missions and I trust them.

The ideal vote-kick option would require 3 positive votes to kick the remaining player. So the lazy SOB can't kick anybody, but when the team notices he's being a lazy SOB, they can all vote-kick him. Makes it hard to abuse.

The timed afk-kick sounds nice (also, the change host vote would mean it can be done after checking latency which we have no way of seeing right now) as it cannot be used by mentioned bags containing high amounts of #$&(%. Whatever that is. Though I'm afraid current networking code might decide that you are afk when you are playing but lagging a bit or something.

Maybe the vote-kick option would unlock when someone is afk for a certain time? And if that person comes back it would get disabled again. Then again that needs some extra - so that one that genuinely wants to troll cannot do it in this way... making those that are in the starting area of a defense mission handled as afks even if they move around. After a time the vote option becomes availible and voila.

It would be so nice if it was this easy :)

A timed afk-kick option sounds far more reasonable. I agree that giving a 2/4 votes to kick is abusable, very abusable. Tying the vote to innactivity is more reasonable to my mind.

@oKibbles

I am sorry you had that happen to you but it would be unfair to allow votekicks in the other sense that many games that have kicks find that groups start abusing it. I may cite Team Fortress 2 for that one,  not so much now but it sure used to be. I did that artifact on my Nyx and well, my weapons were underlevel but that didn't stop me from MCing Coprustechs or from Chaosing waves. I did only 12% damage yet probably was one of the largest reasons we won, that and our Rhino who man he did nice defending.

Yes we need a vote kick option, like... yesterday. I literally just finished an artifact alert where my team just basically went afk after like wave 10. It was just me and some other dude who clearly wasn't geared enough since he basically used a whole clip to kill an ospreyor. I had like 700kills, rest of my team barely hit 100. Almost failed the mission to... artifact had like 4% left.

Edit: Also fix the game stats please, I mean seriously... 14% dmg dealt?

2013-06-24_00002.jpg

My friend (places virtual hand on player's virtual shoulder), I'm sorry. That was similar to my story for so many people asking for help in region chat. Too many players ignored that whole suggested difficulty/enemy lvl and just dived in.

Saryn and Myself know your pain.

But I have to agree with the others, a vote kick is too easy to be abused. But at the same time, an automatic system could hinder the classic, play with buddies and they carry other player while leveling a new frame scenario.

Right now, I say it needs to be discussed, but like an above poster, I have no problem finding/invited to matches with other players. What to do with AFK players...I just let them die or ask a Mag/Loki to put them in the center of the action and keep it moving.

My friend (places virtual hand on player's virtual shoulder), I'm sorry. That was similar to my story for so many people asking for help in region chat. Too many players ignored that whole suggested difficulty/enemy lvl and just dived in.

Saryn and Myself know your pain.

But I have to agree with the others, a vote kick is too easy to be abused. But at the same time, an automatic system could hinder the classic, play with buddies and they carry other player while leveling a new frame scenario.

Right now, I say it needs to be discussed, but like an above poster, I have no problem finding/invited to matches with other players. What to do with AFK players...I just let them die or ask a Mag/Loki to put them in the center of the action and keep it moving.

I believe the suggested method would be an internal timer that once it passes, say 3 minutes for example. The option to then vote-kick becomes available. Not before then.

I believe the suggested method would be an internal timer that once it passes, say 3 minutes for example. The option to then vote-kick becomes available. Not before then.

This seems to me to be the best option. This way anyone who has a legitimate reason to go afk can type/speak and let his squad mates know about it. If they are willing to wait they can (can't do with auto kick).

Step 1: Find safe spot

Step 2: Put something heavy on W or tie your mouse to your cat / dog / fish

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

Resulting in lots of angry players complaining on the forums.

Step 1: Find safe spot

Step 2: Put something heavy on W or tie your mouse to your cat / dog / fish

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

Resulting in lots of angry players complaining on the forums.

Never said it was perfect or immune to Trolling. I long have held that if anyone really want's to be a jerk nothing short of killing that person will stop them. Now we can't go around executing every jerk on the internet we would never finish and probably wipe out our race because we all have been jerks/trolls to some extent just by being human.