Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Of The Same Warframe?

SilverToaster

Hi, quick question: Is it possible to have two of the same warframe?

I've polarized my nyx, but I'd like to get mastery points, so I thought I'd get another one.

You probably could get another, but it would not count towards your mastery. Anything leveled to 30 will no longer give you any mastery points (even if you sold or bought a new one and it won't work if you use forma as well). But if you level something to lets say 15, and sold it. You buy it again and you will only receive mastery points if you level that thing past 15 (1-15 will not give any mastery points). Hope this helps.

It's unfortunate if polarization doesn't reset that, I mean you're putting the time in, clearly that should have the same effect as leveling from scratch.

but then there's no reason to level up all the different frames and weapons and then what's the point of the game? It also technically would make it so there's no mastery level cap, since currently you're limited by the number of items in the game.

but then there's no reason to level up all the different frames and weapons and then what's the point of the game? It also technically would make it so there's no mastery level cap, since currently you're limited by the number of items in the game.

There isn't a cap right now. The affinity orbs from storage containers give you mastery.

There isn't a cap right now. The affinity orbs from storage containers give you mastery.

They give you xp for all your current items ,  you gain mastery when you level up stuff

xp =/= mastery and the cap is 11 atm

Edit : by current I mean the stuff you were using in that mission

Edited by Gingka2k10

They give you xp for all your current items ,  you gain mastery when you level up stuff

xp =/= mastery and the cap is 11 atm

Edit : by current I mean the stuff you were using in that mission

I'd argue only the warframe, since I can run a mission without once drawing my handguns and not see one point of exp towards them regardless of the number of affinity orbs I collect.

It's unfortunate if polarization doesn't reset that, I mean you're putting the time in, clearly that should have the same effect as leveling from scratch.

One polarizes for the polarity slot.  It's just one way of making a weapon or frame a little more powerful than it was before via a technically greater number of mod slots.  Being a Disgaea fan, I actually take a masochistic pleasure in this warped form power creep, which is why this game appeals to me when it really shouldn't.

It's called mastery so you master the frame, as in level it to 30, gaining mastery from something you've 'mastered' is pointless.