Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Corruption Buff is Game Breaking

owendawgx

From what I've seen in game, it can increase power strength and power range.

So, on frames like a speed a nova, a cataclysm limbo or any other frame that may want negative for either (or both) of those stats, the corruption buff is actually a debuff, while on some frames it's completely useless (think power strength on Loki).

This makes certain frames more favored by any fissure mission which is poor design as it limits build diversity/choice without even considering what type of mission it is.

Seriously, why not just do the free ability thing or something that will give each warframe an EQUAL advantage without favoring one over the other.

Also the melee buff doesn't appear to do anything. No free channeling, and nothing else that's clearly observable.

Although I kinda agree with your point, I don't find it as game breaking as it is only a short buff and only once in a mission. Also, the free ability thing would again favor certain frames, because there are duration builds where you cast the abilities only once every 60 seconds and there are spammy builds where you burn all your energy in 10 seconds. 

And please, use bold text only as emphasis on important bits, not half your text. It loses its effect if used as seen in your post. 

It's not like we have it all the time or can go into pvp with it. It's just a for gun little thing...

I don't get your whole favorable warframe thing. I mean, it isn't like you get bonus resources depending on which warframe you use... At most you can kill a few extra enemies before your teammate, and then the mission ends or the timer runs out and the buff goes away...

That's just my 2cents on the matter...

The missions are so short and low level that I didn't even notice, it doesn't seem to do anything worthwhile. By time you get this you're usually almost done with the objective or extracting anyway. I don't see what makes it 'game breaking'.

On 8/15/2016 at 5:30 PM, (PS4)vamp6x6x6x said:

.I don't get your whole favorable warframe thing. I mean, it isn't like you get bonus resources depending on which warframe you use... At most you can kill a few extra enemies before your teammate, and then the mission ends or the timer runs out and the buff goes away...

If you ignore hydroid and nekros then no you dont get resource bonus.

Edited by NewbsRUs38

3 minutes ago, NewbsRUs38 said:

If you ignore hydroid and nekros then no you dont get resource bonus.

Neither Hydroid nor Nekros get bonus resources based on Power Strength.

Power Strength doesn't affect the bonus drops from Pilfering Swarm or Desecrate.  Used to, but not anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2016 at 3:37 PM, (PS4)Void_Girl said:

There are a few niche, highly situational builds that benefit from <100% range and only one build that benefits from <100% strength. To call the ~1.5 minute buff "game breaking" is probably the most overly dramatic thing I've ever read on these forums.

This, seriously. It's a 10m or less mission you can run with unmodded Mk-1 gear and do fine. Literally none of this matters lol