Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shared affinity not a fair system

Guvna-D

3 minutes ago, Guvna-D said:

I think you guys should try it to see.Get 3 friends in a survival, use an Ash bladestorm or something to kill everything, while your friends do nothing.Make sure everyone is carrying unranked weapons.At the end of the round compare how your weapons ranked up.Your friends will be sitting pretty while you get zip.

Well if you think theres no issue with that, i guess if you cant beat them join them.

No, you'll get the same xp, it will just be on your warframe. You really should learn how the system works before you complain about it. If you want to rank up a weapon then put some mods on it and use it. Don't apply all your xp to your frame and then complain because your weapon didn't get it too.

2 minutes ago, Guvna-D said:

I think you guys should try it to see.Get 3 friends in a survival, use an Ash bladestorm or something to kill everything, while your friends do nothing.Make sure everyone is carrying unranked weapons.At the end of the round compare how your weapons ranked up.Your friends will be sitting pretty while you get zip.

Well if you think theres no issue with that, i guess if you cant beat them join them.

Well, ofc, if you kill everything with your maxed warframe without a focus lens, all affinity is "lost" (although still visible in profile). I think everyone that has commented so far knows how affinity works, some just think you don't and that's where misunderstandings happen.

As someone else and me have already said: Don't use "killframes" to clear the map if you want to level gear. Simple as that. IMO your con (that apparently isn't a con for many people including me) is far outweighed by the pros that this system brings.

26 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

No, you'll get the same xp, it will just be on your warframe. You really should learn how the system works before you complain about it. If you want to rank up a weapon then put some mods on it and use it. Don't apply all your xp to your frame and then complain because your weapon didn't get it too.

I think you should learn the system yourself.As in that situation you would earn 25% of the shared xp to your warframe which is zero, while your friends earned 75% of it to their weapons which was a lot, for doing nothing.

Edited by Guvna-D

I think you should learn the system yourself.As in that situation you would earn 25% of the shared xp to your warframe which is nothing, while your friends earned 75% of it to their weapons which was a lot.

Er, no. In the situation you described—Ash killing everything with Blade Storm while everyone else does nothing—Ash would get 100% of the affinity for every kill on his Warframe. Everyone else would get their own individual copy of that same amount of affinity, split between their frames (25%) and their weapons (75% split between however many weapons are equipped).

If Ash uses Blade Storm to kill one enemy worth 100 affinity, he will get 100 affinity on his Warframe. If I'm standing next to Ash, I'll get 25 affinity on my frame, 25 affinity on my rifle, 25 affinity on my secondary, and 25 affinity on my melee (for a total of 100 affinity).

Edited by motorfirebox

2 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Er, no. In the situation you described—Ash killing everything with Blade Storm while everyone else does nothing—Ash would get 100% of the affinity for every kill on his Warframe. Everyone else would get their own individual copy of that same amount of affinity, split between their frames (25%) and their weapons (75% split between however many weapons are equipped).

This is about SHARED affintiy not normal.As in the Ash got zero shared affinity while the others got a lot.I think a lot of the issue is, a lot people cant see how to exploit this, but others have been for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Guvna-D said:

I think you should learn the system yourself.As in that situation you would earn 25% of the shared xp to your warframe which is zero, while your friends earned 75% of it to their weapons which was a lot, for doing nothing.

Bro...do you pay attention to what people post.

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

If Ash uses Blade Storm to kill one enemy worth 100 affinity, he will get 100 affinity on his Warframe. If I'm standing next to Ash, I'll get 25 affinity on my frame, 25 affinity on my rifle, 25 affinity on my secondary, and 25 affinity on my melee (for a total of 100 affinity).

I explained this to the OP in my original post yet he thinks we are lying to him. lol wow.

5 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

Bro...do you pay attention to what people post.

I explained this to the OP in my original post yet he thinks we are lying to him. lol wow.

Ok lets take it slowly

Ash fully ranked kills everything with bladestorm

Everyone else does nothing

At the end of the round Ash get 25% of the SHARED XP to his warframe, 25% of nothing is zero (as nobody else killed anything)

The 3 others with maxed frames, got 75% of the shared XP from Ash's work split between their 3 weapons.

So Ash got 25% of zero shared XP

The others got 25% of whatever shared XP was earned by Ash, to each weapon

For doing nothing

14 minutes ago, Guvna-D said:

This is not in any way how anything works in this game. You get 100% of the xp on your waframe in that scenario, while your friends get that same 100% split up between their gear.

Might I suggest the wiki? http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

OP, i dont think you're understanding whats being said here, so ill give an example.

say you're in a squad of 4, you bring a maxed ash or something and do the kills, while everyone else kills far less. now say one of the enemies you kill gives 1000 affinity. each player in range would then get 1000 affinity, however all 1000 of that goes to your frame cus you used BS or something to kill it, the others would get that same 1000 split between their frame and all their weapons. You all get the same amount of affinity, the only difference is how its divided between your stuff.

This is about SHARED affintiy not normal.As in the Ash got zero shared affinity while the others got a lot.I think a lot of the issue is, a lot people cant see how to exploit this, but others have been for a long time.

It doesn't matter if it's shared or normal. Affinity is just affinity. If you want affinity for your weapons, either use your weapons or play a support frame (or both).

Ok lets take it slowly

At the end of the round Ash get 25% of the SHARED XP to his warframe, 25% of nothing is zero (as nobody else killed anything)

The 3 others with maxed frames, got 75% of the shared XP from Ash's work split between their 3 weapons.

For doing nothing

No. That is wrong. That is not how it works. That is completely, top to bottom, back to front, side to side, utterly and entirely wrong. This has been explained to you several times. Please stop, and learn how the system actually works.

Edited by motorfirebox

Just remove the affinity range all together.It interferes with too many mission types and it even punishes players.Take for example interception missions,when you have to protect towers you will obviously almost always be out of the affinity range.You're being punished for playing the objective.What about spy missions?With spy missions,all of the consoles are too far apart so its impossible to stay within the affinity range anyway.What about survival missions?With survival missions players will typically leave each other to go and collect life support. What about sabotage?Almost like spy but instead when you search for caches,all of you,you will be out of the affinity range anyway.Just do away with this restriction.Also,200m is not enough for arch-wing.I mean we're in space,the levels in archwing are too vast for 200 meters.

4 minutes ago, Guvna-D said:

Ok lets take it slowly

For doing nothing

You. Are. Not. Getting. It. *facepaws* https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_sdCI_cnOAhVL7SYKHXMNCX8QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwarframe.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FAffinity&usg=AFQjCNEIOCnDxh8bBLIRpdzesQ0R7Qtd3g&sig2=4dGtA-WmrG5rjjIS556gvw&bvm=bv.129759880,d.eWE

I'd be glad to help my friends level up their weapons/frames.

The thing is; in Warframe, there are a variety of roles. In higher levels, for example, it's more important to CC than it is to kill enemies. Limbo is indispensable in Sortie Defense/Mobile Defense missions. The affinity system in the game isn't perfect, but I'm not complaining because there are many ways to get xp if you wanna solo (ayyyy spy missions). Why the salt?

Just now, Pratigious said:

Just remove the affinity range all together.It interferes with too many mission types and it even punishes players.

I agree 100% that something should change, but I think the range should be increased, not removed. The value we get out of the affinity range (harder to leech) is not justified by what we lose, but I don't want people to be able to stand at extraction and leech either.

3 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

OP, i dont think you're understanding whats being said here, so ill give an example.

say you're in a squad of 4, you bring a maxed ash or something and do the kills, while everyone else kills far less. now say one of the enemies you kill gives 1000 affinity. each player in range would then get 1000 affinity, however all 1000 of that goes to your frame cus you used BS or something to kill it, the others would get that same 1000 split between their frame and all their weapons. You all get the same amount of affinity, the only difference is how its divided between your stuff.

Yes!!! someone who understands!

Thats the point how its divided.the 3 people who did nothing had the shared XP divided evenly.While the ash who did all the work wasted all the XP.So you see how killing things yourself is inefficient at ranking things up.If others gain affinity it more efficient

1 minute ago, Guvna-D said:

Thats the point how its divided.the 3 people who did nothing had the shared XP divided evenly.While the ash who did all the work wasted all the XP.So you see how killing things yourself is inefficient at ranking things up.If others gain affinity it more efficient

...? If you use frame abilities to kill, you get no affinity whatsoever for your weapons. 

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

No. That is wrong. That is not how it works. That is completely, top to bottom, back to front, side to side, utterly and entirely wrong. This has been explained to you several times. Please stop, and learn how the system actually works.

You need to learn the difference between shared affinity and gaining it normally.Because that is 100% correct, how can Ash gain SHARED affinity, affinity from others, if no other player gained any?

Except this is literally what everyone in this thread has been saying. @NightBlitz was just repeating what we've been saying since this thread started. If you want to rank up a weapon put mods on it and use it instead of BSing the entire map.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Except this is literally what everyone in this thread has been saying. @NightBlitz was just repeating what we've been saying since this thread started. If you want to rank up a weapon put mods on it and use it instead of BSing the entire map.

This. OP doesn't seem to understand how affinity is gained for his own gear.

You need to learn the difference between shared affinity and gaining it normally.Because that is 100% correct, how can Ash gain SHARED affinity, affinity from others, if no other player gained any?

Are you listening to yourself dude. This is what we have been trying to explain to you lol. If you are Ash then you are getting all the kills and affinty and it is being shared with your teamates. So You are getting ALL the affinity into your frame while you share that same affinty with your teamates but they get it all across their weapons evenly. Sure you may get some affinty on your other weapons but not as much as you have racked up on your frame.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

No thats not what you said and you dont understand how shared affinity gets exploited

Do you not see that someone with rank 0 frame and 3 RANK 0 weapons, can rank up all of them at the same time while doing nothing.Where as someone killing everything, only ranks up the weapon/warframe they use, not anything else they carry? So who gains the most? someone who stood there and did nothing.

No thats not what you said and you dont understand how shared affinity gets exploited

Do you not see that someone with rank 0 frame and 3 RANK 0 weapons, can rank up all of them at the same time while doing nothing.Where as someone killing everything, only ranks up the weapon/warframe they use, not anything else they carry? So who gains the most? someone who stood there and did nothing.

Will you ever learn......

If you use your weapon to kill, the affinity is spread between your weapon(s) and your frame. It doesn't ONLY go to your weapon/frame. No big loss.

I think the problem here is that you don't have a lens in your ash?

The current system is the best way to promote co-op play IMO. Of course every system has some kind of flaw. Do you have any better suggestions? With that kind of mindset i think you are more suitable with playing solo.