The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nikana Prime should require mr 10 for using it.

ShocK.-

Just now, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

Yes they are the same class but they are different weapons so the fact that one is X rank shouldn't affect the rank of the other. The War may be better, but it is not a 'direct' upgrade of the Galatine, the Galatine Prime is.

The Soma is MR6 and the Boltor is MR2, should these 2 weapons have the same requirements because like the War and Galatine they are both very closely matched with one being only slightly better than the other? To the point where it's a matter of personal preference possibly. 

Yeah, I do think Soma and Boltor should have the same/similar MR requirements, because they work very similarly for me. They're both assault rifles, of course they get compared to each other. So your rule only works within the same base weapon. Is that truly logical?

I think all normal weapons should have no MR requirement. 

ALL Event/unique such as Mara, Wraith, Vandal, Prisma should be locked at 6-8(Depending on what it is.)

ALL Syndicate weapons(Primary/secondary/melee) to be hard locked at 12, staying as they are now.

ALL Primes, including Prime Sentinels and frames to be hard-locked at 15-17 or above. Primes are supposed to be of Orokin tech and thus the pinnacle of advanced hardware, only the worthy shall even gaze upon the Orokin's beauty. 

I know it's kinda unfair, but cmon..we gotta have something to strive for..please give a reason to keep ranking up our MR as it is SUPER useless and irrelevant once we can use Syndicates...

Just now, AhmadIYE said:

Actually with the above mentioned opinion we can or may bring some solution to the NOOB problem a little bit. They are coming up into the sorties, raids with so little experience and often bugging out the whole thing. A nikana prime is a power blade and should not be available to MR-2 player as easily with money anyone can have plenty of plats and therefore prime things. Even some people have suggested the galatine and tigris prime to have MR-15+ restriction just because of the power house they are and should not be available to the entry level.

Totally agree, I have come across far too many players who have top end gear, but hold the mission back as they have absolutely no idea what they're doing or how to build their weapons or Warframes. These 2 weapons are going to become by far the most powerful in their class and in order to use them you should have played the game and got a decent understanding of how things work, not just bought them

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I think all normal weapons should have no MR requirement. 

ALL Event/unique such as Mara, Wraith, Vandal, Prisma should be locked at 6-8(Depending on what it is.)

ALL Syndicate weapons(Primary/secondary/melee) to be hard locked at 12, staying as they are now.

ALL Primes, including Prime Sentinels and frames to be hard-locked at 15-17 or above. Primes are supposed to be of Orokin tech and thus the pinnacle of advanced hardware, only the worthy shall even gaze upon the Orokin's beauty. 

I know it's kinda unfair, but cmon..we gotta have something to strive for..please give a reason to keep ranking up our MR as it is SUPER useless and irrelevant once we can use Syndicates...

Hey, wouldn't you look at that. Only 2.7% of the steam userbase has MR15 and above! I wonder how well the game is gonna do financially when users get frustrated at how long it takes for them to get to MR 15.

Edited by Terror-Of-Death

Oh, yeah, just mentioning this to spread the word.

Nikana Prime's block damage reduction is 60%.

Vanilla Nikana/Dragon Nikana's block damage reduction is 85%.

Unless, D.E changed this with the recent updates, I wouldn't say that the Nikana Prime is a direct upgrade of the Vanilla Nikana and Dragon Nikana. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

1 minute ago, Khaine62 said:

Who said it had to weaker? They could have been on par just in different ways. Having Nikana Prime almost completely outclass Dragon but have Dragon locked at MR 8 makes no sense.

Nikana Prime completely outclasses the Dragon Nikana, but they shoulndt be on par in any thing. Prime weapons are direct upgrades of their normal versions, so it stands to reason that if the stats go up, the requirements for using it should also go up. If Nikana Prime is MR10 then it doenst matter it completely outclasses the Dragon, you will play for a good while using the Dragon, that you got after upgrading your normal Nikana.

Also if Nikana is MR4, Dragon is MR8, then it wouldnt be too crazy to say Nikana Prime should me MR16.

1 minute ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

Hey, wouldn't you look at that. Only 2.7% of the steam userbase has MR15 and above! I wonder how well the game is gonna do financially when users get frustrated at how long it takes for them to get to MR 15.

Not that long, actually.

If you don't stick to being comfortable with just only one set of weapons and a frame for the rest of your Warframe experience; which I was for a long long time..that explains why I'm still barely MR 17 and not 22 already

Just now, Terror-Of-Death said:

This is too high considering the amount of time it takes to get to rank 15, theoretically it could be done in 15 days if one had the money to invest in the game and an absurd amount of time to play, and I'm talking probably a solid 18 hours a day here. To the majority of players this would lock them out of using any prime for months. I think it would be better to have Prime items locked between 5 and 12 depending on which one, as let's face it some of them are S#&$. Cough cough Ak/Bronco

Just now, John89brensen said:

Also if Nikana is MR4, Dragon is MR8, then it wouldnt be too crazy to say Nikana Prime should me MR16.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/Warframe/achievements/

Yes, because many of the users will be able to even lick the scabbard of the Nikana Prime.

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Not that long, actually.

If you don't stick to being comfortable with just only one set of weapons and a frame for the rest of your Warframe experience; which I was for a long long time..that explains why I'm still barely MR 17 and not 22 already

700+ hours into the game, and I'm still at MR 15. 

7 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Only the worthy and those who buy Prime Access regardless of Rank, cmon mate DE has to eat :P

But yeah i agree with you, certain OP content should be locked beyond an XP wall. It soudns unfair, but it also encourages players that dont meet the requirements to use other less popular weapons, that otherwise turn into fodder.

Just now, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

This is too high considering the amount of time it takes to get to rank 15, theoretically it could be done in 15 days if one had the money to invest in the game and an absurd amount of time to play, and I'm talking probably a solid 18 hours a day here. To the majority of players this would lock them out of using any prime for months. I think it would be better to have Prime items locked between 5 and 12 depending on which one, as let's face it some of them are S#&$. Cough cough Ak/Bronco

Upon second thought, you're right.

They should make it to where you have to be at least the equivalent mastery with all of the normal counterparts of all current primes in order to become worthy to wield the Orokin golden-ivory.

You know what I mean, right? 

9 minutes ago, Khaine62 said:

Who said it had to weaker? They could have been on par just in different ways. Having Nikana Prime almost completely outclass Dragon but have Dragon locked at MR 8 makes no sense.

Let me reiterate then:

There is no reason for a prime version of a weapon to be a "sidegrade" or "on par" with its non prime variants. It should always be stronger in some way.

Of course it doesnt make sense, but do MR locks make sense at all in this game? We have literally one frame thats MR locked, I dont think they really use MR locks logically in the game.

Just now, John89brensen said:

Nikana Prime completely outclasses the Dragon Nikana, but they shoulndt be on par in any thing. Prime weapons are direct upgrades of their normal versions, so it stands to reason that if the stats go up, the requirements for using it should also go up. If Nikana Prime is MR10 then it doenst matter it completely outclasses the Dragon, you will play for a good while using the Dragon, that you got after upgrading your normal Nikana.

I complete agree. My previous point however, was trying to give an alternate to the lack logical progression around MR and weapons. If DE isn't going to follow some the basic things we've pointed out then they have to give another reason to use the weapon. If various versions of weapons of doing different things and are not simply just better/weaker version of each other, it will give players reason to explore and refine their playstyles and not simply rush toward the 'best' version of anything.

Here's my thought. MR locks do indeed need a re-evaluation considering power creep. Things like Galatine P leaks are special thougth since it would be the highest MR locked weapon it would make sense that its damage would be so high, this also indicates the power level MR 20 weapons will be and the future of endgame. Overall I find the biggest problem is how lack luster MR Tests are. They are supposed to be a test of your skill and mastery of the in game mechanics. I believe MR Tests need a rework along with Stealth mechanics #FuriFrame   

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Upon second thought, you're right.

They should make it to where you have to be at least the equivalent mastery with all of the normal counterparts of all current primes in order to become worthy to wield the Orokin golden-ivory.

You know what I mean, right? 

Yeah, Soma is MR6 so you have to be MR6 to use the prime version etc

Edited by (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock

28 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

Yes, because many of the users will be able to even lick the scabbard of the Nikana Prime.

Not all members of the Warframe community use Steam. and in any case, if you have a doomsday weapon, why use "crappy" gear at all, unless you turn every other item into fodder. 

If you make it like a progression system, where you start with good but regular weapons, and end up with sky shattering weapons of mass destruction, you will have more people with high MR.

Edited by John89brensen

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

Here's my thought. MR locks do indeed need a re-evaluation considering power creep. Things like Galatine P leaks are special thougth since it would be the highest MR locked weapon it would make sense that its damage would be so high, this also indicates the power level MR 20 weapons will be and the future of endgame. Overall I find the biggest problem is how lack luster MR Tests are. They are supposed to be a test of your skill and mastery of the in game mechanics. I believe MR Tests need a rework along with Stealth mechanics #FuriFrame   

Na they're just there to lengthen the game artificially. 

I was honestly really surprised it had no MR requirement. I assumed it'd be 10 or 12 before I got it. It breaks the logic behind a Tenno needing a lot of combat experience to wield certain weapons/stances properly and might get people hurt. Just imagine if a Tenno picked up a Mios as his first weapon at MR0, which is a really complicated weapon: He'd probably end up accidentally ripping his eye out or cutting a limb off with that bladed whip flying around. 

Edited by Wolfdoggie

2 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

Yeah, Soma is MR6 so you have to be MR6 to use the prime version etc

More like you have to had mastered the normal counterpart first. Then you have to have a proper Mastery of your entire Arsenal x 0.5 or whatever. Make Mastery rank into something more fleshed out and make it feel like it's actually a feeling of "Mastery of the martial arts" of whatever you're a part of

8 minutes ago, Khaine62 said:

If DE isn't going to follow some the basic things we've pointed out then they have to give another reason to use the weapon.

Yes i agree completely, since MR16 ive been leveling up weapons for the sake of MR points and pretty much nothing else. Very few of the weapons i level i keep.

DE should apply a tier system for weapons, thats locked by MR.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

Totally agree, I have come across far too many players who have top end gear, but hold the mission back as they have absolutely no idea what they're doing or how to build their weapons or Warframes. These 2 weapons are going to become by far the most powerful in their class and in order to use them you should have played the game and got a decent understanding of how things work, not just bought them

Exactly. People need to understand the game mechanic rather than DRACOING the whole thing and even there is no fun doing so as everything becoming so available makes you lose interest on the game often without much valid cause. Galatine is already the highest slash heavy blade so far I know and tigris is one of the elites in its class and now we have their primes. Things like these should not become so available like cheese, you know!

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

Yes i agree completely, since MR16 ive been leveling up weapons for the sake of MR points and pretty much nothing else. Very few of the weapons i level i keep.

DE should apply a tier system for weapons, thats locked by MR.

Tier systems only forces players to use top tier weapons and forget the "less" powerful ones. If a Latron Prime is considered "mid tier" and a Tonkor is "top tier", the guy that loves semi autos and the Latron will be forced to use the Tonkor or get bashed for using a "trash tier" weapon.

Nope.

45 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

All Prime stuff mr 0 because of Prime access and everyone can buy it who have Money. That is why primes wont get Masters lock but should be. DE will not change this in fact they are getting their money from PA. Forgot to mention if you buy Prime access then you can bypass the mr needs. That is how some mr rank 2 guys wield soma prime for example.

Not a meta tier.

But a "How far have you actually gone" tier

Like a milestone kind of thing.

Before trading, Primes were a way to proudly show that 

I've done it. I've survived the Void, and returned with ancient treasures. Behold and set your eyes upon the remnants of the immortals, the memories of the Orokin! Will you join me, brother and sister Tenno, in reclaiming even greater and more untold secrets of the Void?!