The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nikana Prime should require mr 10 for using it.

ShocK.-

20 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

700+ hours into the game, and I'm still at MR 15. 

In fact, I think you are pretty good at it or I am the one who still lagging behind or slow. I am with warframe investing 1800+ hours of ingame for the MR-18 may be just because I like to explore and play the whole thing this game has to offer (i.e kuria quest :P) Otherwise MR-20+ should not be that much trouble for me to achieve right!!

Weapons and frames should be classified with MR just like they are now introducing the trace system, if you are a higher MR holder so you got more capacity, simple.

14 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

Exactly. People need to understand the game mechanic rather than DRACOING the whole thing and even there is no fun doing so as everything becoming so available makes you lose interest on the game often without much valid cause. Galatine is already the highest slash heavy blade so far I know and tigris is one of the elites in its class and now we have their primes. Things like these should not become so available like cheese, you know!

Well to be fair Draco is dead (may it rest in peace). If new players want to buy Prime Access that is one thing, but another is to buy it from other players through trade chat, just for the sake of having an endgame weapon that they cannot mod. A new player with palt has a ton of other more useful things to get other than a sword that he doesn't know how to use.

11 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Tier systems only forces players to use top tier weapons and forget the "less" powerful ones. If a Latron Prime is considered "mid tier" and a Tonkor is "top tier", the guy that loves semi autos and the Latron will be forced to use the Tonkor or get bashed for using a "trash tier" weapon.

Nope.

Since the tier system would be locked behind MR, a player would have to go through the "less" powerful weapons. And dont get confused, just because its not blocked by MR doesn't mean there is no tier system of sorts in Warframe, or why do you think there is a ton of people wielding doomsday Tonkors or Sancti Tigris?

Im not saying that weapons should be classed as crap, or god tier, but dont tell me a Latron Prime is equal to a Tonkor.

Also the fact that a weapon has lower stats than another shouldnt keep you from using whatever you want, one of the weapons i use the most the Dex Sybaris, that while great is not on par of other more powerful weapons.

Edited by John89brensen

My issue with all of this is that this isn't hard to fix. AT ALL. When DE makes a truly better version of something, all they have to do relegate the previous/weaker version to a more appropriate level. 

Nikana MR 4 

Dragon MR 6 

Prime MR 8 

It's honestly not rocket science.

Players complaining about how easy it is to get a nice weapon?? It's the same for the Latron P the Soma P etc...Too be completly honnest I feel like MR weapon lock should be completly removed from the game. MR really needs a rework since it doesn't realy show anything. Some guys like me have played this game since mods have been introduced and are only MR10-17. MR should reflect in my opinion the event you fought the hours you played, the missions youve done and not just how many weapons you have played for 1 day and then never touched again.

MR 2.0 please DE

Just now, Khaine62 said:

My issue with all of this is that this isn't hard to fix. AT ALL. When DE makes a truly better version of something, all they have to do relegate the previous/weaker version to a more appropriate level. 

Nikana MR 4 

Dragon MR 6 

Prime MR 8 

It's honestly not rocket science.

^This guy gets it.

As I said before, I know it's "unfair"...

But new players shouldn't have any business with end-game quality gear if they're still barely even getting used to the entire game itself. No exceptions.

9 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Well to be fair Draco is dead (may it rest in peace). If new players want to buy Prime Access that is one thing, but another is to buy it from other players through trade chat, just for the sake of having an endgame weapon that they cannot mod. A new player with palt has a ton of other more useful things to get than a sword that he doesn't know how to use.

A little disagreement here mate, people with money can get everything they want with the current system and what is there to learn or know to wield a Galatine Prime or Tigris Prime I wonder. Draco is no more but Bere is here and trust me there are a lot of shortcuts available in this game using which you can rank up most likely in a day or two bassis (at least I know the tricks); so if you have got some money then you can stand just beside a MR-22 VET being a MR-2 player and screw up a raid or sortie (just saying).

Edited by AhmadIYE

Agreed, it's also a mockery of the Dragon Nikana's description; the so called "master's weapon" and "only worthy Tenno can use it" idea is malarky when it's a downgrade to the significantly more powerful variant.

EDIT:

4 hours ago, John89brensen said:

Also the codex calls the Dragon Nikana a "master's weapon, that only the most worthy Tenno may wield", so the Nikana Prime its upgrade should follow the same rule, being a master's weapon that only the worthy can wield, that means put some effort in the game before getting your hands on that weapon of doom.

Did not realize someone else made the exact same point I made. I sincerely commend you for this.

Edited by LazerSkink

15 minutes ago, AtomFailure said:

MR should reflect in my opinion the event you fought the hours you played, the missions youve done and not just how many weapons you have played for 1 day and then never touched again.

MR 2.0 please DE

Well said and also the success and fail rate stats should also be taken under consideration for a fair call. (though DE's networking system makes you abort pretty often)

Edited by AhmadIYE

1 minute ago, AhmadIYE said:

A little disagreement here mate, people with money can get everything they want with the current system and what is there to learn or know to wield a Galatine Prime or Tigris Prime I wonder. Draco is no more but Bere is here and trust me there are a lot of shortcuts available in this game using which you can rank up most like in a day or two bassis (at least I know); so if you have got some money then you can stand just beside a MR-22 VET being a MR-2 player and screw up a raid or sortie (just saying).

Not learning to wield the weapon per se, but learning to play the game, to enjoy it, not to get endgame stuff from the very first minute. What can a new player possibly do with said gear? And while not rocket science by any stretch there is a learning curve to the game, so learn to play the game, and then worry about gear.

5 hours ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

But Prime weapons don't have MR requirements in general

Dakra Prime requires MR6, Fragor Prime requires MR7, Spira Prime requires MR3, etc. Apologies if you've received this information already, I don't mean to appear condescending.

Edited by LazerSkink
6, not 8

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

^^This is going to a place I'd love to discuss more about. Do go on, no seriously I'm interested.

Idek I didn't put any thought into it, really. I'm not saying how you use the weapon doesn't matter, but mods make or break you. Conclave rating's a good place to start?

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Dakra Prime requires MR8, Fragor Prime requires MR7, Spira Prime requires MR3, etc. Apologies if you've received this information already, I don't mean to appear condescending.

Na, it was my mistake. I was over MR 5 when I got my first Prime weapon, so I didn't really think too much about it.

2 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Not learning to wield the weapon per se, but learning to play the game, to enjoy it, not to get endgame stuff from the very first minute. What can a new player possibly do with said gear? And while not rocket science by any stretch there is a learning curve to the game, so learn to play the game, and then worry about gear.

Those are really good words but it seems more like a suggestion. We really dont know what they will do with those end game weapons (:O :P) but we do know that they will surely chase them and some will eventually enter the battlefields equipping them. We all want to get the best so do they.

3 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

Those are really good words but it seems more like a suggestion. We really dont know what they will do with those end game weapons (:O :P) but we do know that they will surely chase them and some will eventually enter the battlefields equipping them. We all want to get the best so do they.

Its not a problem that they try to farm them, because without assitance it is impossible for an MR0 player to get  a Nikana Prime, even if an entire squad of MR0s band together and have all the proper relics, they wont be able to farm the Nikana, the missions are way to high level for them. The problem is when a player drops plat on trade chat to get a weapon that far outclasses anything in his rank, at MR0 the Nikana Prime is better than any other melee weapon available at the same time. 

Yes we all do want to get the best gear, but we all learned to play the game, or we would have given up already. 

At MR0 you cannot even properly mod the weapon.

6 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

Idek I didn't put any thought into it, really. I'm not saying how you use the weapon doesn't matter, but mods make or break you. Conclave rating's a good place to start?

Eh, the conclave rating is as redundant and useless as a screen door on a submarine nowadays. Also that was only used for PvP related things anyway, back in the day.

I'm not talking about mods, I'm talking about Mastery ranks. I'm talking wielding the weapons with honor, grace and dignity. Commanding the Warframes with restrained force, becoming one with your frame. Use lore as a guide-line in reworking the whole MR whatnot and who gets to use what, who is 'worthy' of what "tier" of weapons/frames/companions

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Eh, the conclave rating is as redundant and useless as a screen door on a submarine nowadays. Also that was only used for PvP related things anyway, back in the day.

I'm not talking about mods, I'm talking about Mastery ranks. I'm talking wielding the weapons with honor, grace and dignity. Commanding the Warframes with restrained force, becoming one with your frame. Use lore as a guide-line in reworking the whole MR whatnot and who gets to use what, who is 'worthy' of what "tier" of weapons/frames/companions

I don't mean to be mean, but I'm not really into the whole lore thing. Not that I've not tried liking it, but Warframe's lore just isn't doing it for me. Most of the time I just take the game for what it is. WoW's lore, on the other hand...

maybe its intended ? as a plat sink

void weapons are farmed weapons with various rarity, players will use stockpiled plat to expedite the acquisition process 

MR is purposely kept low to maximize that resource sink as part of the model, you either buy a prime access for latest gold shinies, farm while wasting your irl time, or buy from the player market - weapon tier, powerlevels, balance etc be damned it comes last in the model

plat could be renamed to 'shortcut credits'

Just now, HAYABU5A said:

void weapons are farmed weapons with various rarity, players will use stockpiled plat to expedite the acquisition process 

MR is purposely kept low to maximize that resource sink as part of the model, you either buy a prime access for latest gold shinies, farm while wasting your irl time, or buy from the player market - weapon tier, powerlevels, balance etc be damned it comes last in the model

Then why do other Prime weapons have MR requirements? 

If a player buys it from prime access they get it anyways regardless of MR.

1 minute ago, HAYABU5A said:

This is more of what I'm thinking, rather than lore or logic or progression. M O N E Y

8 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Its not a problem that they try to farm them, because without assitance it is impossible for an MR0 player to get  a Nikana Prime, even if an entire squad of MR0s band together and have all the proper relics, they wont be able to farm the Nikana, the missions are way to high level for them. The problem is when a player drops plat on trade chat to get a weapon that far outclasses anything in his rank, at MR0 the Nikana Prime is better than any other melee weapon available at the same time. 

Yes we all do want to get the best gear, but we all learned to play the game, or we would have given up already. 

At MR0 you cannot even properly mod the weapon.

Its not about if they CAN do it properly rather its they have the option to do it despite being MR-2 or so without having your repeatedly stated KNOWLEDGE. And that is why we are discussing here to reorganize a MR system so that everything is pretty classified according to the ranks and even this guy here have a better smart suggestion for the ranking system (Well done).

27 minutes ago, AtomFailure said:

MR should reflect in my opinion the event you fought the hours you played, the missions youve done and not just how many weapons you have played for 1 day and then never touched again.

MR 2.0 please DE

Edited by AhmadIYE

7 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Since the tier system would be locked behind MR, a player would have to go through the "less" powerful weapons. And dont get confused, just because its not blocked by MR doesn't mean there is no tier system of sorts in Warframe, or why do you think there is a ton of people wielding doomsday Tonkors or Sancti Tigris?

Im not saying that weapons should be classed as crap, or god tier, but dont tell me a Latron Prime is equal to a Tonkor.

Also the fact that a weapon has lower stats than another shouldnt keep you from using whatever you want, one of the weapons i use the most the Dex Sybaris, that while great is not on par of other more powerful weapons.

And will be the same system we have now. People using "low tier" weapons fast as possible to level MR to use only the "top tier" weapons.

If Sorties are "end game" level, then majority of the weapons in the game are viable if you have a good build. Soma is powerful at his class of mid range LMG, the Latron is powerful in the semi auto long range class, and the Vectis is powerful in the long range sniper rifle class. All the 3 are viable and works in different ways, same with Latron Prime and Tonkor, but don't tell me a Tonkor is better at long range than a Latron Prime.

And you're being too naive, to players in a game with tier system, low tier is trash, mid tier is trash, high tier is trash and top tier is the only way to play.

Using tier system only make things worse.  "Hosting Sortie: Only top tier weapons"

8 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

MR lock for weapon is cancer. It should be removed from the game completely. 

MR-0's everywhere running around only using Secura Pentas or Synoid Simulors dying constantly and ruining public missions even more, driving people like me(I refuse to solo unless I'm Ash, and even then that's like once in a blue moon.) into going solo more and more. Thus killing that whole "co-op" thing that DE wanted Warframe to be from the very get-go.

EDIT: Not to mention killing Simaris's Synthesis targets because they haven't even got to know him possibly; thus they don't know about that. Things like that.
2a7hseu.jpg

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn