Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepiest Anime?

oOSinox

42 minutes ago, Red6Star said:

I don't see why this is on the WARFRAME FORUMS. Not related at all i believe. There are other websites and groups for this. 

perhaps you may have forgotten that this is the Off Topic section where we can freely discuss anything we want.

Edited by oOSinox

No-one recommending Shiki? I am disappointed. It is kind of gory but it basically focuses on a little mountain village in modern times. New people move in and basically they are vampires. Not the romantic sparkly kind but the kind that has black blood and doesn't die unless they run out of tomato juice. Or go into the sun. And they can only invade your home if you invite them.

The main story is about more and more villagers being turned into these vampires. Most of them keep sane but the problem with blood being the only source of food begins to rise. Basically: How long can a human being stay a human being if it is turned into a monster, driven by instinct. Different characters cope differently with these problems, some refusing to drink blood at all and eventually dying. Then there are some villagers who murder others in a panic to not be turned into vampires themselves. On top we have some vampires trying to fit into society for the first time.

If it wouldn't be for all the gore i would probably enjoy the anime way more than i do. I don't handle gore in combination with characters, who i like, very well. It is more of a tragedy but the creep factor in some scene goes through the roof without using cheap jump scares.

Spoiler

29738-shiki-sunako.jpg

1 hour ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Corpse Party

Shiki

3 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

No-one recommending Shiki? I am disappointed. It is kind of gory but it basically focuses on a little mountain village in modern times. New people move in and basically they are vampires. Not the romantic sparkly kind but the kind that has black blood and doesn't die unless they run out of tomato juice. Or go into the sun. And they can only invade your home if you invite them.

The main story is about more and more villagers being turned into these vampires. Most of them keep sane but the problem with blood being the only source of food begins to rise. Basically: How long can a human being stay a human being if it is turned into a monster, driven by instinct. Different characters cope differently with these problems, some refusing to drink blood at all and eventually dying. Then there are some villagers who murder others in a panic to not be turned into vampires themselves. On top we have some vampires trying to fit into society for the first time.

If it wouldn't be for all the gore i would probably enjoy the anime way more than i do. I don't handle gore in combination with characters, who i like, very well. It is more of a tragedy but the creep factor in some scene goes through the roof without using cheap jump scares.

Reveal hidden contents

29738-shiki-sunako.jpg

6 minutes ago, Drufo said:

By your definition of creepy I suggest Elfen Lied and Parasyte (original name Kiseiju)

Yeah, I saw Elfen Lied. Wasn't so much creepy (atleast to me) as it was sad and agonizing. Especially with that Operatic, Melodic OST always playing in the background.

Parasyte I will have to check out though.

Edited by oOSinox

Most Madhouse stuff or at least Yoshiaki Kawajiri stuff could count. Twilight of the Dark Master; never seen a more one-sided fight in anything in my life. The original anime series of Berserk by OLE did the Eclipse pretty well. MD Geist has a world that would work with itty-bitty changes as something in 40k, as a rule of thumb don't want to live in any world that fits easily into 40k. Shin Getter Robo (The Oni one not Armageddon) has both manly and crazy images even getting into the hints of the eventual nightmarish end of the Getter-verse. Devil Man and Devil Lady can usually stand near the top of most Go Nagai stuff. Many Bio-booster Armor Guyver scenes are freaky for both baddies and innocents in most adaptations. Boogiepop Phantom has many scenes which could be considered disturbing. Hellsing has stuff that my friends swore would fit with no change in White Wolf's World of Darkness. The continuation of Devil Man, Violence Jack is pretty messed up; similar to what would likely happen if Kenshiro was not in Fist of the North Star. The original Digital Devil Story OAV has one scene with the mind controlled students and later with Loki's summoning that also are pretty disheartening. The Lily Cat OAV is pretty much a take on Aliens with some scenes lovingly recreated shot for shot; but I think I would rather be attacked by Xenomorphs than than stuck on the ship in Lily Cat! Anime ranges the full scope of entertainment so there is likely many more at least one for each viewer.

3 minutes ago, oOSinox said:

BWAHHH! You're back! I thought you left to go bombard a different topic. *Hides under spaghetti trampoline*

90ab6ce91e8f510475ac09821702f1fe.gif

you shall never escape from her faboolisness the thirdth 

Edited by TheMetrocop

I mean, if you really think about it, Guilty Crown might qualify...Maybe it's just because I overthink things? Like how a girl was created and lived as a shell for another girl to inhabit. Aaand how mankind's next form would be crystal that stores memories as little shards; how it means we'd be able to probably exist at every point in time because we'd be one with all memories, but we'd also just be crystal...

Edited by (XB1)UKILR

Just now, (XB1)UKILR said:

I mean, if you really think about it, Guilty Crown might qualify...Maybe it's just because I overthink things? Like how a girl was created and lived as a shell for another girl to inhabit. Aaand how mankind's next form would be crystal that stores memories are little shards; how it means we'd be able to probably exist at every point in time because we'd be one with all memories, but we'd also just be crystal...

Oh, thanks for reminding me I still need to go and finish that.

4 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

Berserk 2016, dat CGI,the anime it's completely screwed up(and the fault is not only of CGI,plot and animations......ble)

Poor berserk,nobody seems to be able to make a good anime adaptation for berserk

Atleast someone made a good gaming adaptation for it

A la Bloodborne

maxresdefault.jpg