The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Master Rank should matter......

(PSN)bddacres

8 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

No I don't want match making based off of MR. Did you ever consider we like to help new players? Even if we find them in public by random match making? What is your problem with the little guys?

Not all players share that view.Some vets dont help new players and just kill every single enemy making it quite boring for them

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Not all players share that view.Some vets dont help new players and just kill every single enemy making it quite boring for them

So it should be changed because some don't help new players?

If you want your mission to play out the way you want to, make your own squad or play solo.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Against my better judgement, I came to the General Discussion only to be greeted by this nonsense.

I'm really getting tired of armchair experts in this game. This is some of the most nonintellectual dribble I've heard this month.

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

vie versa mate.

Yeah, only if matchmaking distinguishes between MR, people won't be able to help new players in public matches.

So no, there is no vice versa.

The current system allows you to do what you want at the same time, let other players help newer players.

Just now, B0wtie said:

Against my better judgement, I came to the General Discussion only to be greeted by this nonsense.

I'm really getting tired of armchair experts in this game. This is some of the most nonintellectual dribble I've heard this month.

Forums in general are dangerous to approach. So many conflicting ideas.

vie versa mate.

That literally does not work in this context, You're talking about restricting specific Pick up games in order to sate your own desire of finding matches that suits what you want to do when the easiest thing to do is look on Recruiting or make your own squad, there is NO POINT in developing a system like this at all.

Just now, Eredoc said:

That literally does not work in this context, You're talking about restricting specific Pick up games in order to sate your own desire of finding matches that suits what you want to do when the easiest thing to do is look on Recruiting or make your own squad, there is NO POINT in developing a system like this at all.

am I a new player- no 

How would this benefit me- it would not.

It would benefit the clan members complaining to me about not being able enjoy the game because they are being involuntarily carried in Pubs

am I a new player- no 

How would this benefit me- it would not.

It would benefit the clan members complaining to me about not being able enjoy the game because they are being involuntarily carried in Pubs

Then what is your point? If so many of your clan members are complaining then shouldn't they band together?

Again, there is NO POINT in developing a system all for the sake of sating what matches some members want when the game gives you the options in order to find people who want to play like you.

2 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Have you ever hoped into pubs and seen a mr 2 begging the group to leave the because he is doing zero damage or, seen a "draco" screw up a tactical alert because he's so used to playing dps that he forgot that the game doesn't revolve around it this is (imo) because of lose mastery rank restricts and matchmaking. Mr should restrict players to some extent (eh mr 12 tops). Matching making should put players of similar mr into groups together first. Thoughts

Here's a suggestion, go in recruiting a find a squad so you don't have to play with 'noobs'.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people don't actually care about the fact they might get matched with a MR2 or even lower. When it happens to me I normally stay in their squad for a couple missions and help them out, and when I want to do a mission that I know a low rank won't be capable of (eg 60+ minute survival) I use the recruitment chat to find those who are capable. 

Finally, somebody like yourself, who has an air of elitism about yourself should be more than capable of carrying someone through a mission, or maybe you're scared to have that weight upon your shoulders.

1 minute ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

Here's a suggestion, go in recruiting a find a squad so you don't have to play with 'noobs'.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people don't actually care about the fact they might get matched with a MR2 or even lower. When it happens to me I normally stay in their squad for a couple missions and help them out, and when I want to do a mission that I know a low rank won't be capable of (eg 60+ minute survival) I use the recruitment chat to find those who are capable. 

Finally, somebody like yourself, who has an air of elitism about yourself should be more than capable of carrying someone through a mission, or maybe you're scared to have that weight upon your shoulders.

Again, everyone makes false assumptions and assumes this a Noob vs. vet suggestion. This is an option for players to play with players of the similar skill(gear) setso weapons like the simulor or, tonkor wont ruin the experience for others without an instant outcry for nerfs

4 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Again, everyone makes false assumptions and assumes this a Noob vs. vet suggestion. This is an option for players to play with players of the similar skill(gear) setso weapons like the simulor or, tonkor wont ruin the experience for others without an instant outcry for nerfs

And now you are adding yet another new factor: filtering based on weapons loadout. All of this is rather impractical, mate.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

People respond based on how you respond, but even now, the answer still remains the exact same, the game already offers your the options to do that, mention that you don't want people using Tonkor or Symulor and making a system to filter that out would be a waste of time and resources.

It's not an assumption when the first sentence of your OP ' Have you ever hoped into pubs and seen a mr 2 begging the group to leave the because he is doing zero damage' just screams I don't want to play with noobs. Sorry but that's a chance you take when you play games in PUB, and as with any game there is going to be divides in player skill level. Arguably even more so in Warframe due to the nature of having to mod your weapons and frames. Maybe if you took some time too give suggestions to newer or less experienced players on how too improve their weapons or frames ...

again you say "players of the similar skill(gear) setso weapons like the simulor or, tonkor wont ruin the experience for others without an instant outcry for nerfs"

let me drill that down so you can reread your own words again

"players of the similar skill(gear)"

mr matchmaking restriction WILL NOT FIX THIS. skill IS NOT GEAR IS NOT MR.

AT ALL>

the only thing that would redress what your expanded form says you want, would be the ability to enqueue for groups with sortie like restrictions on gear.

which leads us into the player fragmentation problem better solved by, actually talking to people and forming groups the other way.

lord, this is the first time i've wished for a report entire thread function.

1 minute ago, steelblueskies said:

again you say "players of the similar skill(gear) setso weapons like the simulor or, tonkor wont ruin the experience for others without an instant outcry for nerfs"

let me drill that down so you can reread your own words again

"players of the similar skill(gear)"

mr matchmaking restriction WILL NOT FIX THIS. skill IS NOT GEAR IS NOT MR.

AT ALL>

the only thing that would redress what your expanded form says you want, would be the ability to enqueue for groups with sortie like restrictions on gear.

which leads us into the player fragmentation problem better solved by, actually talking to people and forming groups the other way.

lord, this is the first time i've wished for a report entire thread function.

Gear has Mr restriction for a reason