Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primeframe Quests?

TheVeiledScion

What are your thoughts about having Quests centered around Prime frames? The past few Prime frames have been introduced with story trailers explaining their creation. For example, Saryn Prime to fight the Infested on Earth, or Vauban Prime to fight some sort of proto-Corpus faction.

Since Silver Grove was so Titania centered, I think it could be a good idea to have Quests that feature the Prime frames. DE could expand upon the brief lore teased in the trailers, while also using the Quests as advertising for the new Prime frames, and thereby incentivizing more people to buy them. And if someone doesn't want to buy a Prime frame, they at least get to see it in action when it is introduced.

What are your thoughts?

If the quest led up to the grind or the grind was the quest (each part tells a tale, opens a new area, progresses the story) it could work. It would be a similar format to some of the older quests but it would keep the incentive for prime access.

For those that buy prime access you could allow them to go through the quest without being halted by grind. Maybe place the lore fragments in the codex attached to the corresponding prime.

I would consider using a system similar to the fragments instead of playing the message instantly upon getting the item. That way people could listen to the story in order rather then getting confused about which prime story you're listening to.

Edited by Postal_pat

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Then prime parts trading will drop dead pretty quick

Well my idea wasn't that you'd get the prime parts through the quest, but that the quest would -- like Silver Grove or New Strange or Limbo Theorem -- expand the story while featuring the Prime Frame as some sort of boss to overcome (or something). So Prime Access and trading would still be intact.

The only reason I thought of it was because the current trend seems to be to give some sort of lore-based explanation for why these frames exist. And so rather than just making a trailer about it, why not have a quest that introduces the frame, so that afterward, if people like it they can buy it or farm for it or try to trade for it.

So, instead of having a quest about Titania, getting her parts throughout it, but never actually seeing her, perhaps you could have a quest that -- like Patient Zero -- features the Warframe as an NPC, but you don't necessarily get the prime parts. I think Madway7 has a point about coming up with a good enough reward. But I'm also of the opinion that good games shouldn't depend on specific rewards to incentivize participation, because they are supposed to be genuinely enjoyable. But that's just me.

It could be really cool. The Primes are supposed to the the originals and would naturally have heavy influence with the Orokin and everything else. If DE plays their cards rights, they could really have the next evolution in quests. 

The only caveat I would add would be that they only do this for certain Prime frames and not all of them. You know, some you could get in the quests, others would have to be through PA and the relic system. That way, trade wouldn't take too big a hit but Primes can be a little more accessible.

57 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

Quest means you can ever only have one. Since quest can't be repeated. 

Although repeatable quests are in the pipeline we have had; Mutalist Alad V with Mesa, and Vay Hek with Hydroid. Both of these had multiple quests leading up to the fights. The frames still can be grinded for after the quest is over.

Then there's the case of cepholon fragments, not really a quest but still gives an awesome lore story.