Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays

(XBOX)Oussii

Relays work as a safe house, we have no power there, no weapons, nothing.

I understand the need to have some guards watching over the place, but why they have to be armed with visible weapons in a safe environment.

If it is for the relay safety and protection, then soldiers should be at the outpost borders, not inside the corridors walking with weapons. or simply make these weapons invisible to us.

I know there are more important things to fix and update in this game, but having weapons there does not make sense to me

Have to disagree there. Police in my country walks around openly presenting that they are armed, even in public places. ESPECIALLY in public places I say, to, one, show presence and two, showing that they are ready to intervene if needed.

"One sword keeps another in the sheath." ~George Herbert

Edited by Proxykon

Maybe in your country it is not safe, donnow

But considering that the relay is a safe place, i see no need for arms

3 minutes ago, Proxykon said:

"One sword keeps another in the sheath." ~George Herbert

If i wanna beat a sword, i will bring a gun, so better keep your sword hidden

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Maybe in your country it is not safe, donnow

If i wanna beat a sword, i will bring a gun, so better keep your sword hidden

I would consider Germany a relatively safe place, especially for being in the center of Europe.

Again, I wouldn't consider the relay a safe place. In the history, Vay Hek has made many attempts in destroying multiple Relays. Obviously, other Relays that survived and are being helped with by the Tenno and their Warframes are in secondary alert, making the carrying of guns in case of invasion a very smart decision, at least for me.

Also, a gun can jam, can a sword? ;)

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

When a security guy or a police or an officer will confront me with a weapon i find it offinsive

He has every right to, when he suspects you. That is his job after all.

Edited by Proxykon

2 minutes ago, Proxykon said:

Again, I wouldn't consider the relay a safe place. In the history, Vay Hek has made many attempts in destroying multiple Relays. Obviously,

I guess you missed reading what i said in the original post. so i will repeat it again

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

If it is for the relay safety and protection, then soldiers should be at the outpost borders, not inside the corridors walking with weapons

You defend the relay against anyone from the border, not at thethe simaris or cephelon gates.

Post them at the frontiers.

a sword can be easily broken, a whip can beat it :)

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

In honour of the recently concluded Olympics:

The Olympic Village where all the athletes (from all parts of the world) would constitute a safe place, right? But it would be foolish to think that there wouldn't be armed security on and around the premises, wouldn't you agree? Why? Because the athletes themselves would be unarmed and unable to protect themselves should something bad happen. The same can be said of the Relays. Are they safe places meant for trade? Sure. But that doesn't mean that things can't get ugly very quickly.

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

You defend the relay against anyone from the border, not at thethe simaris or cephelon gates.

Who defends the people of the Relay in case of an infiltration mission? Modern wars are not fought in front lines and at borders.

Also, I have never seen a sword been broken by a whip. If you could send some evidence, I would be grateful.

3 minutes ago, Proxykon said:

Who defends the people of the Relay in case of an infiltration mission? Modern wars are not fought in front lines and at borders.

Also, I have never seen a sword been broken by a whip. If you could send some evidence, I would be grateful.

if you are in a squad of anti terrorism or anti infiltration then definitely you need to be a stealth agent so you can observe and interact.

You keep your arm holstered and you don't announce yourself.

It's Basic 101 in warfare

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

So the athletes should not expect any semblance of security in a place they will call home for about 16 days?

no they should not, remember how many attempts were done from the inside? since 1984?

On the other hand, tennos are on the same side, while Olympic village athletes aren't

I have never seen a tenno with corpus or infested fighting against his tenno brother ;)

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Seeing as how the planet earth is at war, martial law should apply inside your bedroom too :)

Not my bedroom, but if my city is under attack, then absolutely. A Relay station is not a bedroom, it's a small city.

EDIT: And seeing as how all the Syndicates have bases there and they are not all allies...well, you can figure out the rest.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas
See edit

The way I see it if you put a group of people with wildly conflicting opinions and beliefs in a room together there are bound to be some incidents and this is made even worse by the fact that the syndicates have been known to kill those of opposing minds.

Also they do have to worry about threats that look like tenno and could slip past security such as the acolytes.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Not my bedroom, but if my city is under attack, then absolutely. A Relay station is not a bedroom, it's a small city.

Then when the relay is under attack we will all carry arms.

Your bedroom is a small city in your house ( your country)

3 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

The way I see it if you put a group of people with wildly conflicting opinions and beliefs in a room together there are bound to be some incidents and this is made even worse by the fact that the syndicates have been known to kill those of opposing minds.

Also they do have to worry about threats that look like tenno and could slip past security such as the acolytes.

Incidents? can you use any of your power or use your weapon in the relay?

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

Then when the relay is under attack we will all carry arms.

Your bedroom is a small city in your house ( your country)

My Warframe does carry arms. I can see all my equipped weapons when I enter a Relay.

No, my bedroom is not a small city. I don't even know how you can say that with a straight face.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

My Warframe does carry arms. I can see all my equipped weapons when I enter a Relay.

No, my bedroom is not a small city. I don't even know how you can say that with a straight face.

I think he/she is missing that your bedroom is your private property and you are free to do in it whatever you want, as long as you have paid for it, while relays are open, public places.