Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Suggest To Include Frost's Usual Helmet In An Arsenal Prime

Pathfinder

Hi Developers!I want to propose one fing: frost prime with common helmet of frost. I want to use common frost's helmet without having common frost in your inventory,and fix a bug with swithing "prime helmet" and "arsenal - map".

thanks in advance.

See, I thought about this... but I don't think it would fit.

I mean, the Frost Prime suit itself has loads of gold bits. The regular frost helmet has NO gold bits. IMO, it wouldn't look right.

Given that (with forma) the actual stat difference between Prime and Regular is largely invisible, I'm perfectly happy to build a regular Frost even though I already have the Prime... just for a costume change.

mhmmm.. no.

Frost Prime comes with Frost Prime helmet.

Normal Frost comes with normal Frost helmet.

Have both, use both.

Have only one, use only one.

Exception Aurora helmet.

I disagree. The OP has a point.

If you built the normal Frost, its helmet should be available for Frost Prime even if you sell the normal Frost.

Otherwise you'd have to waste a Warframe slot just to keep the helmet.

When you sell frost, you sell frost. Usually when you sell something, you don't keep an important part of it, like selling a car but keeping the engine, that's a no no.

Edited by KeyBlanc

They might have a point if the original Frost was somehow used to speed up the construction of the Frost Prime (which I think would probably be fair), but the system as it stands... no, since we're talking pure aesthetics here, then suck it up and keep both. That's what I intend to do.

When you sell frost, you sell frost. Usually when you sell something, you don't keep an important part of it, like selling a car but keeping the engine, that's a no no.

Then how about an option to remove Frosts helmet and discard the rest of it.

actually... some people do this, they just want the engine but sell/get rid of the rest. same should/would/could be said of warframe.

How about this: instead of building a Frost, then selling everything except the helmet...

You could just get the helmet BP, build the helmet, and that would unlock the vanilla helmet for the Prime?

They could use this system for all future primes: if you build the original helmet, you can use the original helmet.

How about this: instead of building a Frost, then selling everything except the helmet...

You could just get the helmet BP, build the helmet, and that would unlock the vanilla helmet for the Prime?

They could use this system for all future primes: if you build the original helmet, you can use the original helmet.

This. Everyone can agree on this no? The frost and frost prime are pretty much the SAME warframe and currently if you have both you can put the frost's helmet on the frost prime. It would make sense if you just use the helmet BP, make it, and then are able to use it on the prime.

Wait, seriously? You can put the regular frost helmet on the prime if you own both?

Man... I mean, I stand by what I said about the gold bits. But still, this might save me spending another reactor o.O

"We don't own that helmet as a separate piece because it's just the default helmet for that frame."

Except, to be fair, we do build it as a separate piece, and we have to farm for the separate blueprint.

Hell, I have a Rhino... and yet, in my inventory, I have a Rhino Helmet. Because I forgot I'd already built one >.<

Edited by MXXVI

I'm afraid not, as that piece is purely for the sake of warframe blueprints. It is merely a representation of a specialized commodity necessary to complete a warframe (as opposed to just making a single blueprint cost a ridiculous amount of resources by itself). It shows up in customization options as 'default' not because it's an entity all on its own, but because it is in fact merely the default for the warframe.

Yeah, but we're not talking about how the game is currently coded. We're talking about (if they wanted to be really grubby and blunt about it) assigning the flag that controls whether or not the player can select a certain helmet... to whether or not the player has built a certain item.

I mean, that's how the standard "alt" helmets work. You build the item, and when you've clicked "claim", the game ticks a box that says "Yes, this account has access to this hat"

EDIT: if you wanted to change the coding a bit so that it was no longer selected as "default", you could simply add a new "helm" icon on the skin choice, and assign that to the default Frostypants hat. Basically just clone the appropriate system for the alts.

Edited by MXXVI