Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please understand that....

mandalore93

By closing off large access to weapons, items, and other things to the closed beta testers that you are only hurting your own development process. Firstly, we as testers are here to help the Warframe devs discover kinks within the game. And seeing as the odds of finding most glitches or exploits in a game are often very rare occurences having so much restricted to people who are paying real world cash for your CB is hindering this process. This also doesn't mention the long view that many of your beta testers will provide the bedrock of your future community for this game. They are the ones who will be in game telling people about "this l33t sword you get from so and so," but if they have never used these items, how are they supposed to spread the word about them?

Secondly, by restricting the beta testers to one warframe you are again hindering your own process. Open up your game, so that we can help you perfect it. Please, this is one that has grabbed my attention out of the dozens of new generation MMOs in the past half decade. Don't let it be another dissapointment.

^^ erm... they dont realy limit testing by limiting number of frames and weapons we can have, cause once u hit rank 30 test them, try some mods, builds, etc u sell them and try another...

Edited by Neverus

First of all, this is not an MMO. Moving right along, you have 2 frame slots, and the starting Platinum allows you to unlock either 2 more or one more and 4 weapon slots. Or, you throw US$5 at DE and receive 5 frame slots and 18 weaponslots.

Why would you need more than two or three of each?

When all there really is to set as a goal is maxing out equipment? The question I ask YOU is why you WOULDN'T want to own one of every item.

The goal is having awesome geared out stuff. That is the point of it. Aside - of course - from the fun of playing. Those two points come together to keep you interested.

Don't get me wrong - it isn't like not being able to have everything is &!$$ing me off. I'm not a fan of games that choose to sell equipment slots but I wont complain too much aside from asking them to consider making weapon slots purchaseable with a significant amount of credits.

I simply stated that it is false to say you can have it all. You can't. You can only actually have some of it. The only thing of a weapon you keep upon selling it is the mastery it earned you - but that doesn't mean a whole lot currently.

Selling a weapon is the same as never having owned it.

When all there really is to set as a goal is maxing out equipment? The question I ask YOU is why you WOULDN'T want to own one of every item.

The goal is having awesome geared out stuff. That is the point of it. Aside - of course - from the fun of playing. Those two points come together to keep you interested.

Don't get me wrong - it isn't like not being able to have everything is &!$$ing me off. I'm not a fan of games that choose to sell equipment slots but I wont complain too much aside from asking them to consider making weapon slots purchaseable with a significant amount of credits.

I simply stated that it is false to say you can have it all. You can't. You can only actually have some of it. The only thing of a weapon you keep upon selling it is the mastery it earned you - but that doesn't mean a whole lot currently.

Selling a weapon is the same as never having owned it.

We'll I enjoy trying different weapons to see witch suit me the most.

After I have decided on one or two hadn-guns, long guns and melee weapons (and warframes) I can be sure that I will use only those from now on.

I mean, what's the point of keeping your skanna when you have a cronus?

I dob't see why they couldn't add slots for a significant credit price, say 500k per weapon slot, 750k per warframe slot. That wouldn't exactly cut into monetization. People that are willing to grind that much for a slot probably wouldn't have spent money anyways so all it would really do is keep players in game for paying customers to play with.

And seeing as the odds of finding most glitches or exploits in a game are often very rare occurences having so much restricted to people who are paying real world cash for your CB

Would you care to back this up with some evidence or reasoning?

I dob't see why they couldn't add slots for a significant credit price, say 500k per weapon slot, 750k per warframe slot. That wouldn't exactly cut into monetization. People that are willing to grind that much for a slot probably wouldn't have spent money anyways so all it would really do is keep players in game for paying customers to play with.

What you say do have a point. Since BP from the market can be purchased with credit, it makes sense to have the option to use that method for weapon and warframe slots. Since it is a F2P game, I understand their point of view that people will need to somehow use platinum to purchase specific needs.

What you say do have a point. Since BP from the market can be purchased with credit, it makes sense to have the option to use that method for weapon and warframe slots. Since it is a F2P game, I understand their point of view that people will need to somehow use platinum to purchase specific needs.

Hell if they wanted to make it really grindy they could have it be 500k for slot blue prints. Put some rubedo, alloy plate and a couple rare crafting materials in the foundry price and it would take quite a while to make one.

Edited by Aggh

If i spend money on a warframe is it going to be there hen game goes live or is it going to be ereased

Oh hai.

Is there an account reset planned after Closed Beta? (Is that 'fair'? What about leaderboards?)

No. We initially intended to reset often but the vast majority of players do not want to lose their progress despite the bumps and bruises of beta. We do reserve the right to reset if something forces us to. However, if your account is reset you will get all your Platinum back. There will be a one-time optional reset after beta for people that want to sacrifice their progress to re-spec everything. Leaderboards will be reset (and likely running on weekly, monthly cycles anyway).

Source: Warframe FAQ - give it a read. :)

Read the FAQ, there are these kind of limitations even during beta because they aren't only testing the game content, but the pace at which players earn new frames weapons AND the functionality of the shop too.

This. What OP suggested is actually giving testers a job of testing every single item in game separately, without taking it in account as part of the system. That is for alpha testing. This is beta test, so we are primarily testing how the whole system works in total, and that means that it should be close to what we are supposed to expect after the launch, and if its not, then we report it and devs adjust it, something that we wouldn't be able to do if we had everything from the start.

The most successful f2p games slow down progression enough to make people want to spend money, but never actually absolutely require it for anything other than convenience or cosmetics. There are exceptions to the rule, but this is becoming an increasing trend. Making people have to constantly sell of their weapons and war frames to get new ones isn't going to exactly encourage people to stick around. They need to be able to keep paying and free players around and the current situation with slots doesn't really encourage that.

edit: That's mostly addressed to the second part of your post.

Edited by Aggh

We'll I enjoy trying different weapons to see witch suit me the most.

After I have decided on one or two hadn-guns, long guns and melee weapons (and warframes) I can be sure that I will use only those from now on.

I mean, what's the point of keeping your skanna when you have a cronus?

That actually punishes you.

If you are not leveling something you don't progress anymore. The whole system stops ticking. No more mastery. You get mods and maybe they are better, that is all.

The minute you find a single weaponset and you say 'This is the set of equipment and two frames I'll use' then you are eventually going to cap out permanently. You stop ranking up. If they keep trying to tier content between mastery ranks you'll halt your own ability to obtain new content.

You have to keep aqcuiring new weapons. Collecting each of them and capping them out. This is how you continue. This is how you progress in the way the game introduces to you. So settling for specific stuff and never changing goes against the progression of the game.

Edited by Blatantfool

As of now with the amount of weapons there are people WILL settle with types of weapons. For example the Hekk and the Gorgon. when they fully maxed out these weapons there's no need to swap it. So in this stage of the game and maybe even later stages, the point of ''collecting'' everything is useless. Why would you keep for example the Burston if you have a maxed out gorgon that clearly is better? And capping out on items will always happen when you grind to rank it up. yes you can grind for different mods and make it more the weapon for your playstyle or even try different builds but that's about it.

Edit: The only thing i can see that's gonna be a hassle is the amount of warframes you can own. warframes are different then weapons there are no ''best'' ones each have their own playstyle. Slots for credits isn't a bad idea though. But yes you CAN get everything in the game without paying platinum. (gameplay wise not talking about cosmetic colors).

Edited by ProjectOne

As of now with the amount of weapons there are people WILL settle with types of weapons. For example the Hekk and the Gorgon. when they fully maxed out these weapons there's no need to swap it. So in this stage of the game and maybe even later stages, the point of ''collecting'' everything is useless. Why would you keep for example the Burston if you have a maxed out gorgon that clearly is better? And capping out on items will always happen when you grind to rank it up. yes you can grind for different mods and make it more the weapon for your playstyle or even try different builds but that's about it.

Edit: The only thing i can see that's gonna be a hassle is the amount of warframes you can own. warframes are different then weapons there are no ''best'' ones each have their own playstyle. Slots for credits isn't a bad idea though. But yes you CAN get everything in the game without paying platinum. (gameplay wise not talking about cosmetic colors).

'As of now' is meaningless. 'As of now' is in a Beta that is extremely unfinished. It doesn't make sense to base what you think about it off of right now in the games development when you and I both now it only gets more numerous from here. There will be more. They gotta roll out with new content like that. Gotta keep things fresh and they wont always want to make entirely new level palletes and frames.

And it STILL doesn't change that the games progression is literally leveling items. If you aren't leveling something you don't progress. You aren't even seeming to understand what I'm trying to communicate so I'll attempt to say it clearer. I feel like I'm not doing it justice.

Want the HEK? Better rank up. You're going to have to keep leveling stuff and then keep leveling stuff until you hit rank 4. Easy enough? Sure. But what if weapons get tiered higher? And higher still?

It isn't about the quality of the item. It is about the fact that it is totally neccesary to level them. Unless they totally abandon the way Mastery XP is handled currently (Which they ought to) this will remain the truth.

Part of this game is progression. If you stick with specific maxed out stuff you abandon the progression entirely. Thus that part of the game will stagnate and - unfortunately for you - it puts you at risk of being left behind by content if more tiered items are ever implemented.

Edited by Blatantfool

'As of now' is meaningless. 'As of now' is in a Beta that is extremely unfinished. It doesn't make sense to base what you think about it off of right now in the games development when you and I both now it only gets more numerous from here. There will be more. They gotta roll out with new content like that. Gotta keep things fresh and they wont always want to make entirely new level palletes and frames.

And it STILL doesn't change that the games progression is literally leveling items. If you aren't leveling something you don't progress. You aren't even seeming to understand what I'm trying to communicate so I'll attempt to say it clearer. I feel like I'm not doing it justice.

Want the HEK? Better rank up. You're going to have to keep leveling stuff and then keep leveling stuff until you hit rank 4. Easy enough? Sure. But what if weapons get tiered higher? And higher still?

It isn't about the quality of the item. It is about the fact that it is totally neccesary to level them. Unless they totally abandon the way Mastery XP is handled currently (Which they ought to) this will remain the truth.

Part of this game is progression. If you stick with specific maxed out stuff you abandon the progression entirely. Thus that part of the game will stagnate and - unfortunately for you - it puts you at risk of being left behind by content if more tiered items are ever implemented.

I agree on the fact that you abandon the progression at that point there's not much to do really besides getting a weapon maxing it out as far as it goes now and get something different and do the same and see what suits you best and stick with that. If you're a melee type of person you won't be getting every rifle and pistol you'll mostly try out every melee weapon and stick with what suits you best. I put in some other thread where it could be nice to max out something and then re-roll it back to scratch and get some affinity so you still have some progression kinda, didn't really got any feedback from that though.

Edited by ProjectOne

I agree on the fact that you abandon the progression at that point there's not much to do really besides getting a weapon maxing it out as far as it goes now and get something different and do the same and see what suits you best and stick with that. If you're a melee type of person you won't be getting every rifle and pistol you'll mostly try out every melee weapon and stick with what suits you best. I put in some other thread where it could be nice to max out something and then re-roll it back to scratch and get some affinity so you still have some progression kinda, didn't really got any feedback from that though.

Maybe an item prestige could be nice. Although I'd not be in favor of actually starting over my weapons stats. Mod slots are important.

Really they need to get rid of the way you rank your account up right now. Feels very crude and is pretty antifun.

Maybe an item prestige could be nice. Although I'd not be in favor of actually starting over my weapons stats. Mod slots are important.

Really they need to get rid of the way you rank your account up right now. Feels very crude and is pretty antifun.

It is weird yeah that you rank up your account through affinity only and that if you want to rank up really fast you got to have the affinity booster and a nice addon called loot radar to find every bin that possibly holds affinity in them. But i'm sure they're improving this aswell in the future.

Just found this thread seems cool in my opinion, https://forums.warfr...ge-in-warframe/

Edited by ProjectOne

It is weird yeah that you rank up your account through affinity only and that if you want to rank up really fast you got to have the affinity booster and a nice addon called loot radar to find every bin that possibly holds affinity in them. But i'm sure they're improving this aswell in the future.

No man. Affinity doesn't rank you. That only effects items.

Mastery ranks you. Mastery is gained by ranking items. Every level an item you own gains you'll get some Mastery.

That is the entire basis of why I'm telling you that sticking with very specific items can hurt your progression.

No man. Affinity doesn't rank you. That only effects items.

Mastery ranks you. Mastery is gained by ranking items. Every level an item you own gains you'll get some Mastery.

That is the entire basis of why I'm telling you that sticking with very specific items can hurt your progression.

Then i'm sorry for my mistake, i was misinformed by that then, Then i was right in the beginning hehe. But maybe i edited it to late for you, that thread i linked, isn't that the progression you're looking for?