Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endo Efficiency

Sines314

Question

I'd heard that Endo wasn't properly balanced after it came out, and so it might be up for changes soon. Is that still the case? I've got crap tons of mods that I could break down, and some prime mods to toss them on, but if it's inefficient right now and will be changed, I'm not in any rush.

Side note: I'm gonna need a lot of credits for this either way. Is the best place to farm credits still Dark Sectors?

11 answers to this question

So far I only think that endo was unbalanced because dark sector excavations like hierachon were not giving the proper amount of endo. This has been fixed by DE.

As far as I believe, endo feels about the same as using cores before. The only difference is that you fully rank up a mod each upgrade and excess endo would be refunded. Dark sectors and daily sorties are still a good way to credit farm.

Yes, Dark Sectors are still good for credits.

Also, I don't remember any changes with the Endo efficiency. Though I don't remember the drama about it either, so I might have just missed the entire thing.

I'd say if you need to level up a mod, then go for it. If it's a drastically big change, you'll probably get a compensation anyway.

Well yah, the system itself is great. I'd just heard that you weren't getting the same mileage out of mods and credits you were before, so I didn't want to break down mods if their value was going to be going up, or rank up mods if the cost was going to go down. As long as neither of those is the case (or likely to be the case) then I'm good to go.

Endo was fine, all cores were made into the right amount of endo and all drops from sortie/alerts were rounded to the higher number so farming is easier.

There was an issue with some excavation nodes that gave less endo than expected but it's been long fixed.

What everyone else said is correct. The only thing that got less efficient with the addition of endo is the amount of credits needed.

The change log for the update stated that credit costs for fusion have been "averaged", so far it seems that in the old system you could use use anywhere between 1 million to 2 million credits to max a common ten rank mod depending on the type of cores or mods used for fusion. Now with endo it seems to be a set number somewhere in the middle of that range. All numbers are an example I don't know the exact values from the old system.

So, the only problem was in getting more Endo, which isn't really a problem as I have way too much endo for my credit pool :D

Is the best place to farm credits still the Dark Sectors with an 'as soon as possible' extraction time?

11 minutes ago, PAX_NL said:

What everyone else said is correct. The only thing that got less efficient with the addition of endo is the amount of credits needed.

The change log for the update stated that credit costs for fusion have been "averaged", so far it seems that in the old system you could use use anywhere between 1 million to 2 million credits to max a common ten rank mod depending on the type of cores or mods used for fusion. Now with endo it seems to be a set number somewhere in the middle of that range. All numbers are an example I don't know the exact values from the old system.

Rebecca has said in the last devstream that it's been averaged so that 1/3 was more efficient and the other 2/3 less efficient. For example if it took you anywhere between 1M and 2M, it will now take 1.33M. Some people complained because using golden r5 was the most efficient way of fusing and from that point of view it got more expensive(1M -> 1.33M). 

The only problem with endo right now is the credit cost is based on common cores, and since R5 cores had a reduced credit cost, fusion with requires more credits than fusing with R5 cores (16% cost increase), but less than fusion with random mods for example.

3 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

The only problem with endo right now is the credit cost is based on common cores, and since R5 cores had a reduced credit cost, fusion with requires more credits than fusing with R5 cores (16% cost increase), but less than fusion with random mods for example.

Credit costs are currently near the cost of using uncommon Fusion Cores (I think it's slightly more expensive than uncommon).

My only problem with the Endo system is that you can no longer get the bonus fusion energy for using duplicates.